Cottage cheese & chive? - can i make quiche?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Littleslimmingbee, 15 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi guys.

im a bit scared of cottage cheese but for some reason i have an entire pot in the fridge that needs using asap. The look freaks me out a bit and im concerned i wont like it. I want to make a quiche.. i have tonnes of eggs that need using also..

how do i make syn free quiche? i dont have any ham in the house? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I often use it in quiche-delicate flavour and not overpowering. You can use chicken/turkey/beef/bacon(cooked) as base or cooked smash.Or have it as frittata without base.

4. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Sorry -not sure if you need complete recipe.

5. nettie1

nettie1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(10.53%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    Hi i always use cottage cheese with chives for my quiche i just use the tub of cottage cheese and 3 eggs. I add garlic, chilli flakes and an 1oz of mature cheese that can be used as an healthy extra or 6 syns for the whole quiche,sometimes i add veg and top with a sliced tomato.

nettie xx

6. mcv

mcv Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I made a lovely quiche yesterday, i lined the dish with vegi ham, placed in a seperate bowl, chopped onion, corgette, cherry tomatoes, brocili and mushrooms.
    mixed it together, with a couple of sprays of fry light, black pepper and mixed herbs.
    spoon mixture on top of the ham.
    Mix together, 1/2 tub quark, cheese and chive cottage cheese and 3 eggs pour over top, sprinkle with grated cheese place sliced tomatoes on top to decorate. bung in oven till golden.
    It is delicious. syn cheese or HEXa

7. Dustyroad

Dustyroad Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was wary at first but when its cooked you cant tell its made from cottage cheese. Even my OH loves it :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.