Cottage cheese

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Angel155, 26 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Angel155

Angel155 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Has anyone tried warming cottage cheese to use as a cheese sauce for cauli cheese? Is it any good?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    No, but that's an idea! Wonder if you could give it a wee whizz in the blender too, to get the lumps out and make it more sauce like. I might try that. Make sure you are using the low-fat version though.

4. Angel155

Angel155 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Frances, I tried it tonight............recommend it totally.

The way I did it was to cook the brocolli (didn't have any cauli) in the microwave with a little water then when done blend the cottage cheese with some of the veg water to thin it out a bit. I then put it into a small ovenproof dish and put it under the grill. It didn't brown but the cottage cheese went a bit thicker.

5. Gemstone

Gemstone Here for the Journey

Diet:
    Healthy Eating (common sense)
    Never thought of that - always have it cold on a jacket spud. I make my cheese sauce with philli light with herbs and garlic or with basil x

6. Angel155

Angel155 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    That sounds lovely Gemstone, unfortunately none of it is allowed on CD 810.

7. Gemstone

Gemstone Here for the Journey

Diet:
    Healthy Eating (common sense)
    Sorry - I'm on healthy eating so everything is allowed within reason. I'm never sure what CDers are allowed at each point but I will try the warm cottage cheese sometime x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.