Couch potato to 5k challenge

Welcome Diesel and Kelly :)

4 of us now.. that's fantastic! It might be worth looking to see if there are any 5k runs going on in your area in the new year that could be a target for each of us? Just google "5km runs" and you should get quite a few hits.

Was out walking today, just from home to the town centre, managed to resist the urge to jog round the shops, LOL. :D

wk1 day3 for me tomorrow, will have to get up very early and go before my husband leaves for work as the kids will be at home, schools here finished for Oct hols today.

Hope everyone has a good walk/run tomorrow.

edit: day3 - done, loved it, think going out first thing in the morning is the way to go for me, sets me up for the day, feel great. :)

Last edited:
agggghhh just wrote a really long post and its been swallowed up somewhere as the screen went blank and i had to come out of minimins altogether....will write later when i get a chance again, have a good day everyone x

agggghhh just wrote a really long post and its been swallowed up somewhere as the screen went blank

Hate when that happens! I didn't manage to get out for my C2K today so will be going in the morning instead. Did go for a 2 hour walk with my sister though and I pushed the buggy for some extra demand- feeling it in my legs now!

Think I'll repeat week 1 again next week cos it's still hard work!

How's everyone else doing?

Think I'll repeat week 1 again next week cos it's still hard work!
Same here. I know from previous experience last year/earlier this year it's going to take a while to build up my stamina, but as long as l'm making progress, albeit not as fast as some, l'm happy. :)

Goreygirl, really like the quotes in your signature. I'm a fan of the dietguy newsletter too. A positive attitude makes all the difference - l've been reminding myself of that the last couple of days, as it's what got me this far. The choice way of thinking was fundamental in me getting to within 3lbs of my goal last year.

Last edited:
Cheers Disney.

I've got various positive messages posted on my fridge and above the sinks in the house, on the front door ... anywhere I am likely to come across them really :)

I decided if I was going to do something as drastic as not eat conventional food for 3 months (at least) I wanted to make sure I used this time for behaviour modification too. I really want to come through this process with a really healthy relationship with food and my body as I have wasted too many years being negative and self-critical.

I decided if I was going to do something as drastic as not eat conventional food for 3 months (at least) I wanted to make sure I used this time for behaviour modification too. I really want to come through this process with a really healthy relationship with food and my body

Yep, early on l told my CDC l considered CD a great opportunity for thinking time. Just wish l hadn't let that thinking slip a bit :eek:, but there you go, l'm looking on it all as a learning experience, some of us learn easier than others, lol.

...some of us learn easier than others, lol.

Too true! The last few years have been disastrous for me with self-sabotage after self sabotage! Finally feels like i'm turning a corner :D

Back