Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

MrsLmc said:
Great going Sarah, whats that timing wise now Sarah?

You mean the jogging is it? Starts with 5 mins then 3 minute walk then 8 minute jog and then 3 minute walk then 5 minute jog.
Next one (day 2) is two 10 minute jogs with 3 minute walk in middle and THEN its the 25 minute non stop jog. And its non stop jogs from then on lol!!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Dreading week 3! Lol what are those speeds again 6.0 and 8.5kph? X

CarlyLanky140 said:
Dreading week 3! Lol what are those speeds again 6.0 and 8.5kph? X

http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html
He says you should be running as slow as possible. Basically just run slightly faster than you're walking. You build up speed later. X

Hello :)

Ive been doing a bit of running after work so would love it if I could join this group!

Do I have to do it outside because ive been doing it on a treadmill and am I too late?

Ruth
x

I do it on treadmill petal :) join us!

Thanks Sarah x

Hiya girlies and welcome Ruth.

Just a wee note, I've been talking to a lady that runs a fit for Life campaign, she was talking about running and I mentioned I'd started, she said that both programmes we are following here (c25k and OT) are great to start with. I asked her about speed because I can still get very breathless and she said that we should be jogging at near enough the same pace we fast walk, she says if you can't hold a conversation you are going too fast, this is very dangerous for your muscles including YOUR HEART!!!!, so she couldn't stress more if you can't talk slow right down! Telling you my next jog will be a crawl lol xx

MrsLmc said:
Hiya girlies and welcome Ruth.

Just a wee note, I've been talking to a lady that runs a fit for Life campaign, she was talking about running and I mentioned I'd started, she said that both programmes we are following here (c25k and OT) are great to start with. I asked her about speed because I can still get very breathless and she said that we should be jogging at near enough the same pace we fast walk, she says if you can't hold a conversation you are going too fast, this is very dangerous for your muscles including YOUR HEART!!!!, so she couldn't stress more if you can't talk slow right down! Telling you my next jog will be a crawl lol xx

Thanks for pointing this out hon. I had been worrying about going too slow as I don't think I'm going enough distance if you know what I mean. I crawled my jog on saturday last & then thought I'd done it wrong. But reading the c25k site it mentions briefly what you've said there about running basically the same as you walk! People on FB say speed is something that can be built up later after you're muscles are stronger :)

Welcome Ruth woop woop x

Ive been running for years ladies and I have never bothered with speed .. Ive always ran 6 mph/10 kpm since I started in 2008 (I no this coz I can run 10 mins per mile) ... The fact your running is the main thing .... Its hard to get speed in when running is so tiring anyway xxxxxxx your all doing sooo well xxxxxxx

Right, I started on the 28th of Nov, did a coupla days n had to stop/retire due to ma buggered knee.... But... Drum roll please.... I have jus completed W1D1... I kno it's not much runnin, but at least I've started, n av gotta say I feel proud a maself.... Off to bed now, zzzzzz, but jus ad to update before. Lol.... Next run planned for Sat after WI...

Catch ya soon... Haha, c wot i did there.... :p

Jay xx

Well done for starting up hon, getting the motivation to start is hard so be proud :) x

I'm tryin it on treadmill this time instead of road running. Hopefully it'll b easier on ma knackered joints (I kno I'm only 27, but loadsa majoints r hypermobile so prone to poppin n stuff, ouchee) ... We shall see (very soon no doubt)... Lol.

Jay x

Well done Jay :D

I did week 3 day 1 - so proud of myself :D xx

azwethinkweiz/Sarah: 27/11/2011
- Week 1 - 5 complete | Week 6 Day 1 complete
MrsLmc/Laura: 29/11/2011
- Week 3 day 2 of O.T Completed
top_stuff/Jay: 29/11/2011
- Week 1 day 1 completed
hourglasshannah/Hannah: 29/11/2011
- Week 1 day 1 completed
NeedsMotivation: 30/11/2011
-Week 1 Day 2 completed
CarlyLanky140: 11/01/2012
- Week 3 Day 1 completed
Brien77/Sinéad : 12/01/2012
- Week 2 Day 1 completed
Starkissedx : (to start in Jan)
-
DublinRose: (to start in Jan)
-
Blue: 03/01/12
- Week 1 Day 1 completed

Brilliant Carly, I told you you'd be well able for it! Awesome :D xx

:D xx

Help! which app do I download for the C25K there's loads! I have an IPhone 4 if that helps!

Ruth
X

CarlyLanky140 said:
Well done Jay :D

I did week 3 day 1 - so proud of myself :D xx

azwethinkweiz/Sarah: 27/11/2011
- Week 1 - 5 complete | Week 6 Day 1 complete
MrsLmc/Laura: 29/11/2011
- Week 3 day 2 of O.T Completed
top_stuff/Jay: 29/11/2011
- Week 1 day 1 completed
hourglasshannah/Hannah: 29/11/2011