Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

If you go out first thing or wait until evening then it shouldn't be too warm for ya. Middle of the day might be sweltering like today, ugh.
Get yourself to tk maxx and grab a cheap pair of shorts, that's where I got one of my pairs! I took a walk today aswell instead of running. I'll either go tomorrow or tuesday for my next run!

Thanks Carly hon xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Hey girls, you are all doing great on the running, mine is very hit and miss, lol. Didn't go either today, was too warm so just wandered around with the hubby and kids.

See you signed up for another 5k Sarah, really is addictive isn't it. I signed up for another 10k in May too. Don't even know if I'll be fit for it but I'll try. Getting the Nike+ running watch thing this week just to track my distance as I don't have an iphone or anything fancy like that lol. Starkissed you are going great too, you should definately sign up for some fun run, its great incentive x

Was definitely too warm. I could barely walk around in the heat let alone go jogging lol.
Yep, another 5k the may bank holiday weekend. Ugh don't think I'd be fit for a 10k in may, finding the training tough as it is lol. Hopefully I'll be alright by june!?
If someone had told us this time last year we'd be running 5 and 10k's we'd probably have scoffed at the thought! ;)

Was definitely too warm. I could barely walk around in the heat let alone go jogging lol.
Yep, another 5k the may bank holiday weekend. Ugh don't think I'd be fit for a 10k in may, finding the training tough as it is lol. Hopefully I'll be alright by june!?
If someone had told us this time last year we'd be running 5 and 10k's we'd probably have scoffed at the thought! ;)

Wow my 10k is that weekend too lol. I know I definately would have laughed and told you to feck of if you'd said I'd run around the corner never mind a 5k

Did my week 4 day 3 today, next stop week 5 :) concerned though as I will be away mon-fri next week and won't be able to run...hope it doesn't meal il be crap when I return!

Might go out tomorrow again...I think iv got the bug! Plus don't want to be in gym in nice weather when I can enjoy the sunshine outside. Although I know your meant to rest up but I don't feel sore at all and week 5 day 1 isn't much of a jump up from week 4...so I shall see

Well done :) how come u can't run when away? X

Well technically I could but I'm off to OHs parents house with only hand luggage and I couldn't fit my running shoes and stuff with me but also I don't really like idea of running on public streets, normally like now I run on my road which I in countryside not many cars and never hardly any people whereas his parents lives in a housing estate in a town, maybe when I'm better I might be brave enough to face the public paths ha.

They have a cross trainer tho in there house so will try and go on that's few times

Don't fret hon, I took like 2 weeks off at christmas and got straight back into it in the new year so I'm sure you'll be grand too. Planning a run tomorrow myself :)
If you really do feel up to it tomorrow then give week 5 day 1 a go, I've done some days 2 in a row every so often. X

Hiya girls well done you have all done fab. Ive wanted to start this for ages but kept putting it off, but tonight 2 of my neighbours asked me to start mon with them. Cant wait to get started. Did it affect your weight loss or increase it x x

Well done for planing to start on monday. It didn't help or hinder my weight loss but I did lose some inches & feel generally fitter for it :)

Hiya girls well done you have all done fab. Ive wanted to start this for ages but kept putting it off, but tonight 2 of my neighbours asked me to start mon with them. Cant wait to get started. Did it affect your weight loss or increase it x x

Hiya and good luck starting Monday. Follow a plan and you'll do great. I found a big difference in my figure once I started jogging. I definately have leaner thighs and a leaner tummy. Great for all over body really. Just make sure you eat enough on jogging days because it can burn alot of cals. xxxx

Forgot to post that I did 8km during the week on my long run and I am so delighted. Only 5ish weeks till my first 10k eeeeekkkkkk. I'll be starting my proper training on Monday xx

Well done for planing to start on monday. It didn't help or hinder my weight loss but I did lose some inches & feel generally fitter for it :)

Ah brill thank you. Inches is what im after , im doing bridemaid in sept and have gone from a 24 to an 18 but would love to get to a 16 or god help me a 14 so hopefully this helps. Did you find it hard?? I walk fairly fast an hour a day but am still very nervous about this but cant wait x

Hiya and good luck starting Monday. Follow a plan and you'll do great. I found a big difference in my figure once I started jogging. I definately have leaner thighs and a leaner tummy. Great for all over body really. Just make sure you eat enough on jogging days because it can burn alot of cals. xxxx

Forgot to post that I did 8km during the week on my long run and I am so delighted. Only 5ish weeks till my first 10k eeeeekkkkkk. I'll be starting my proper training on Monday xx

Wow well done 8 k ill be lucky to do the 60 seconds lol. Im really looking forward to starting but nervous too. Ill be chuffed to get help with my tummy . Did you find it hard starting off x

Wow well done 8 k ill be lucky to do the 60 seconds lol. Im really looking forward to starting but nervous too. Ill be chuffed to get help with my tummy . Did you find it hard starting off x

That first week I found very hard, but after that it wasn't so bad. Just stick with it and you'll be great. Although I did switch after a few weeks from C25k to the operation transformation running schedule and found that alot easier. Find a programme that you think will suit your time and stick with it.

Well first day done and found it ok . Delighted with myself cos this time last year i struggled to walk never mind jog. Bring on wed for day 2 :):)

Aww great well done x

Thanks a mill. Just done day 2 , was worried cos my little girl has been sick and ive only had about 10 hrs sleep since sat but it was grand. Day 3 tomorrow. How is your training going ? X x

How is the back . Ave you managed to get back out x x

Back