Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

I've just completed day 1. I was at the gym and remembered i had downloaded the app sp gove it ago on the treadmill. It was very hard and he thought of jogging for more than one minute really intimidates me lol x

x Lulu x said:
I've just completed day 1. I was at the gym and remembered i had downloaded the app sp gove it ago on the treadmill. It was very hard and he thought of jogging for more than one minute really intimidates me lol x

Don't worry, we all felt the same way when we started. You'll get there, just take the jogging nice and slow x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I started this on Thursday and just done day 2 tonight! It wa so hard! Love it though especially when the sweat drips down my face lol! I thi k that might just be me! Iv been running in a secluded field! Might brave the public Tarmac on the next run lolx

Don't worry, we all felt the same way when we started. You'll get there, just take the jogging nice and slow x

You are soooo right i was taking off like a hare out of a trap and nearly killing myself but have slowed dwn now and am really enjoying it . Im finished wk 2 and starting wk 3 monday. X x

You will be grand. I was exactly the same but when i finished i actually could have done it again but didnt lol. As aswethinkweiz says just dont make my mistake of trying to go too fast. I slowed down and love it now x x

sl1nkyminny said:
I started this on Thursday and just done day 2 tonight! It wa so hard! Love it though especially when the sweat drips down my face lol! I thi k that might just be me! Iv been running in a secluded field! Might brave the public Tarmac on the next run lolx

Fantastic job. Don't worry, I sweat a lot when jogging too hon. completely normal! Just be sure to get a drink when you finish. Well done on completing Day 2, woop!

Goose1 said:
You are soooo right i was taking off like a hare out of a trap and nearly killing myself but have slowed dwn now and am really enjoying it . Im finished wk 2 and starting wk 3 monday. X x

Yeah that was my mistake at first too and learned ya need to take it real slow at first. Speed is something that comes second when starting off I think. That's excellent work, well done! You're doing great, keep it up :D xXx

Partypaula said:
I'm up to week 3 day 2, was dreading a 3min jog non-stop but am still alive to tell the tale! Loving it so far!!

That's fab, well done! Some of it's daunting but keep telling yourself you can do it and you will :) x

I'm up to week 3 day 2, was dreading a 3min jog non-stop but am still alive to tell the tale! Loving it so far!!

Same here just did wk3 day2 and did a 50 min walk after it. Cant believe it cos thought the 3 mins would kill me but was grand. Well done to you x x

Fantastic job. Don't worry, I sweat a lot when jogging too hon. completely normal! Just be sure to get a drink when you finish. Well done on completing Day 2, woop!

Yeah that was my mistake at first too and learned ya need to take it real slow at first. Speed is something that comes
second when starting off I think. That's excellent work, well done! You're doing great, keep it up :D xXx

Ah thanks a mill, hopefully ill be following you to the 10k's soon enough x x

sl1nkyminny said:
Well finished week one! Starting week 2 tonorrow :) love it love it love it:)

Awesome, well done xx

Awesome, well done xx

thankyou so much if you asked me last year! your going to start running i would of been like pfft dont think so. but im absolutely loving it. im starting week 2 today if the weather picks up! wi on thursday and hoping for a 3.5 loss as i will get my club 10 and my one and a half stone sticker! =]

sl1nkyminny said:
thankyou so much if you asked me last year! your going to start running i would of been like pfft dont think so. but im absolutely loving it. im starting week 2 today if the weather picks up! wi on thursday and hoping for a 3.5 loss as i will get my club 10 and my one and a half stone sticker! =]

I'm the exact same! I would've said no way could I run a 5k! But now I can, it's brill! 1 and a half stone is excellent, I've lost 3st total (very slowly I'll add) but can't seem to shift this last 10lb, argh! X

I'm the exact same! I would've said no way could I run a 5k! But now I can, it's brill! 1 and a half stone is excellent, I've lost 3st total (very slowly I'll add) but can't seem to shift this last 10lb, argh! X

3st is great thats how much i would of lost when im at target! only just relaised that this is the weight waters c25k and not the s/w one but nevermid! lol Iv lost mine since the begginning of january so quite slowly compared to most going on a last minute holiday to mauritius on may 6th so want to be nearing the 12's by then hopefully! i did my mum today aswell! they always say the that few pounds are stubborn! alot of people said that they have drunk loads more water to help flush it out! i hvae to admit it works though i always drink over a litre a day, but one week i drunk 3 litres a day! for 7 days, i lost 4.5 pounds that week! althought i think it was all the running to the toilet rather than the flushing out lol

sl1nkyminny said:
3st is great thats how much i would of lost when im at target! only just relaised that this is the weight waters c25k and not the s/w one but nevermid! lol Iv lost mine since the begginning of january so quite slowly compared to most going on a last minute holiday to mauritius on may 6th so want to be nearing the 12's by then hopefully! i did my mum today aswell! they always say the that few pounds are stubborn! alot of people said that they have drunk loads more water to help flush it out! i hvae to admit it works though i always drink over a litre a day, but one week i drunk 3 litres a day! for 7 days, i lost 4.5 pounds that week! althought i think it was all the running to the toilet rather than the flushing out lol

Sure it doesn't matter, I'm doing CC at the moment not WW anyway ;) it's all the one, we can still support each other.
I think that's quite fast hon. I've been on and off diets for 2 years & have only managed the 3st so far because of my blips (holidays, bad break ups etc.). I think you've done fantastically. I'm aiming for -50lbs total which will bring me to 10st 7lb & then I'll see how I feel!
That's right actually, I just realized today that I'm definitely not drinking enough so I need to up that & cut back on junk. I never drink very much and have to tell myself to do it!! Today has been good so far although I'm not running at the moment due to an injury. Hoping by friday to be back out though!

azwethinkweiz said:
Sure it doesn't matter, I'm doing CC at the moment not WW anyway ;) it's all the one, we can still support each other.
I think that's quite fast hon. I've been on and off diets for 2 years & have only managed the 3st so far because of my blips (holidays, bad break ups etc.). I think you've done fantastically. I'm aiming for -50lbs total which will bring me to 10st 7lb & then I'll see how I feel!
That's right actually, I just realized today that I'm definitely not drinking enough so I need to up that & cut back on junk. I never drink very much and have to tell myself to do it!! Today has been good so far although I'm not running at the moment due to an injury. Hoping by friday to be back out though!

Really I thought it was quite slow! :/ lol! I have 27 lbs to target and then just going to see after that I think I might want to lose another stone or 2! So probably about the sane as you:) yeah I find I drink more at work! I have about 5 cups of fruit tea and then a about a litre of sugar free cordial! Lol but can't drink water on it's own it's to boring! I keep getting a nagging pain in my lower leg when I run ATM but I'm to scared to stop incase I don't start again which is what I would normally do lol x

sl1nkyminny said:
Really I thought it was quite slow! :/ lol! I have 27 lbs to target and then just going to see after that I think I might want to lose another stone or 2! So probably about the sane as you:) yeah I find I drink more at work! I have about 5 cups of fruit tea and then a about a litre of sugar free cordial! Lol but can't drink water on it's own it's to boring! I keep getting a nagging pain in my lower leg when I run ATM but I'm to scared to stop incase I don't start again which is what I would normally do lol x

I'm the slowest loser of weight ever lol!!
I'm the same, can't drink water. Just tastes yuck so I drink some squash, tea and coffee. Sometimes sugar free lemonades!
If you're hurting then rest it a couple days (at least) and then try again. I fully intend to try on friday! Are you running on the road? That's how I hurt my leg. Easier to run on the treadmill but I don't have one x

azwethinkweiz said:
I'm the slowest loser of weight ever lol!!
I'm the same, can't drink water. Just tastes yuck so I drink some squash, tea and coffee. Sometimes sugar free lemonades!
If you're hurting then rest it a couple days (at least) and then try again. I fully intend to try on friday! Are you running on the road? That's how I hurt my leg. Easier to run on the treadmill but I don't have one x

I love vimto and lemonade! My absolute fave! Was drink 14 litres a week lol a 2lite bottle everyday but managed to reduce this to 4l a week! Which is more reasonable! I'm actually running on a field! I take my bf's mums dog lol so gives her a chance to stretch her legs! But it was so muddy today! I think I might try Tarmac and leave her on the lead as grass is really un even and I take a few tumbles sometimes! And then I can take her on a field after maybe lol x

sl1nkyminny said:
I love vimto and lemonade! My absolute fave! Was drink 14 litres a week lol a 2lite bottle everyday but managed to reduce this to 4l a week! Which is more reasonable! I'm actually running on a field! I take my bf's mums dog lol so gives her a chance to stretch her legs! But it was so muddy today! I think I might try Tarmac and leave her on the lead as grass is really un even and I take a few tumbles sometimes! And then I can take her on a field after maybe lol x

In ireland we call all fizzy drinks "lemonade" by default lol. Had coke zero last night with low fat micro popcorn... Niiiiice! Well done on reducing your fizzy intake!! X
Oh I've never run in a field because I'd fall on me face lol. I was running on the road but I hurt my leg from doing that because the road is uneven too. Need a nice flat run!

Back