Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

azwethinkweiz said:
I started in november last year, took a wee break at xmas & finished it in february (I think). You should be ok for a 10k in september. I injured myself in April so had to take a break from my 10k training. There is a Bridge to 10k app for after the C25k one that's 6 weeks long, have you seen that? X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

That's good just don't want to rush but think I should be ready too. Yes I had a look about and seen that is that what u used? At least u recovered from ur injury and ur still running x

I don't really enjoy running - I find it so hard!! Did anyone else feel the same when they started? My husband does it so it's nice to do together and he really motivates me!! It seems like a gradual build up and I managed day 1 - it's day 2 today!!

I did alot of running when I was little - I did cross countries, ran in the local sports team, was in lots of competitions and things but then I stopped! I'm wanting to get into it to enjoy it with my husband and also because it burns off lots of calories!!

claireb10 said:
That's good just don't want to rush but think I should be ready too. Yes I had a look about and seen that is that what u used? At least u recovered from ur injury and ur still running x

I haven't completely recovered, it still twinges a bit so I have to be careful of it. You will be ready no problem, you have plenty of time so definitely take it slowly. Yes I used B210k, it's pretty good :) x

Minnie2be said:
I don't really enjoy running - I find it so hard!! Did anyone else feel the same when they started? My husband does it so it's nice to do together and he really motivates me!! It seems like a gradual build up and I managed day 1 - it's day 2 today!!

I did alot of running when I was little - I did cross countries, ran in the local sports team, was in lots of competitions and things but then I stopped! I'm wanting to get into it to enjoy it with my husband and also because it burns off lots of calories!!

I didn't enjoy it when I started either. Found it soooo hard and I kept looking ahead at future weeks and thinking "there's no way I'll be able to do that!" But then I did. I still have days where I find it hard to do my 5k but other days I find it easy & enjoyable. You will defo enjoy it soon hon :)
It's lovely you have your husband to do it with & from your past you know you can get into running! X

Wooo....day 2 completed today!! :)

Minnie2be said:
Wooo....day 2 completed today!! :)

Woop keep up the good work!

How's everyone else getting on? Doing my 10k tomorrow, dreading it as my leg injury is playing up again :(

It's time for day 3 today and it's chucking it down!!!!!!! :-(

Minnie2be said:
It's time for day 3 today and it's chucking it down!!!!!!! :-(

You'd be surprised how calming it is to run in the rain sometimes. I'd pick rain over last weeks heat any day lol ;) x

claireb10 said:
W1D3 complete so roll on W2! Signed my brother and myself up for a 10k in September so I can't fail now.

That's excellent, well done you! Is your brother doing c25k too? X

claireb10 said:
W1D3 complete so roll on W2! Signed my brother and myself up for a 10k in September so I can't fail now.

Well done!!! I'm doing W1D3 tomorrow! x

I'm using mapmyrun too - it tracks you, tells you calories and average speed etc! You can run then at the same time and it will give me something to better next time! x

azwethinkweiz said:
That's excellent, well done you! Is your brother doing c25k too? X

No he's really fit as it is so can do that no bother lol lucky git! So that's why my running head is on so I can at least equal him sometime soon x

claireb10 said:
No he's really fit as it is so can do that no bother lol lucky git! So that's why my running head is on so I can at least equal him sometime soon x

Hahaha. It is easier for men though, always remember that. They have more muscle mass than we ladies do after all ;)

Wish me luck for tomorrows 10k girlies... I'm nervous as hell!! X

azwethinkweiz said:
Hahaha. It is easier for men though, always remember that. They have more muscle mass than we ladies do after all ;)

Wish me luck for tomorrows 10k girlies... I'm nervous as hell!! X

Lol I wish it was just that then I might have had a chance but it's not I just need to train more.

GOOD LUCK!!!! I'll keep everything crossed for u and let us all know how it goes xx

W1D3 done!! :)

claireb10 said:
Lol I wish it was just that then I might have had a chance but it's not I just need to train more.

GOOD LUCK!!!! I'll keep everything crossed for u and let us all know how it goes xx

Well I did it. My leg started to give up on me after 5km. Injuries are a *****! But I slowed right down and managed to make it all the way :) xx

Minnie2be said:
W1D3 done!! :)

Well done lovie, onto Week 2 now :)
My sister is on week 8 and just did her first 5km today - so proud of her! X

azwethinkweiz said:
Well I did it. My leg started to give up on me after 5km. Injuries are a *****! But I slowed right down and managed to make it all the way :) xx

fantastic well done!!! :) brilliant news - an inspiration to us all xxx

Ah thanks very much hon. I'm still a very slow runner but at least I'm out there giving it a go hehe. You'll be overtaking me in no time, wait and see ;)

Back