Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

azwethinkweiz said:
Well I did it. My leg started to give up on me after 5km. Injuries are a *****! But I slowed right down and managed to make it all the way :) xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Congrats!!! U must have been well delighted at the end. What was ur time? Xx

claireb10 said:
Congrats!!! U must have been well delighted at the end. What was ur time? Xx

Not sure yet hon. Dunno what time I crossed the start line
I crossed the finish at 1:26. Took me longer than it'd take me to do by myself with all the dodging and weaving from one side of the road to the other. I was getting really fed up trying to weave between people.
Suppose the time isn't too bad for someone with an injured calf. I've another 10km coming up in july :)

azwethinkweiz said:
Not sure yet hon. Dunno what time I crossed the start line
I crossed the finish at 1:26. Took me longer than it'd take me to do by myself with all the dodging and weaving from one side of the road to the other. I was getting really fed up trying to weave between people.
Suppose the time isn't too bad for someone with an injured calf. I've another 10km coming up in july :)

I could imagine all the dodging and weaving but u still done it, even with an injured calf! U sure have the running bug now x

I could imagine all the dodging and weaving but u still done it, even with an injured calf! U sure have the running bug now x

Lol, my mum reckons we did an extra 2km just dodging and weaving lol. I was getting fairly tired of it. Around 7km I thought my stupid leg was gonna give up on me and I'd end up arse over tit on the ground lol!
I defo have the running bug but don't think I'm interested in doing more than 10km for the moment (maybe when I get my leg right - any idea where I can buy a bionic leg?) :p

azwethinkweiz said:
Lol, my mum reckons we did an extra 2km just dodging and weaving lol. I was getting fairly tired of it. Around 7km I thought my stupid leg was gonna give up on me and I'd end up arse over tit on the ground lol!
I defo have the running bug but don't think I'm interested in doing more than 10km for the moment (maybe when I get my leg right - any idea where I can buy a bionic leg?) :p

If I knew that I'd have bought my mum two a long time ago lol she can barely walk longer than an hour the now, wish she could run with me.

I don't think I'd be interested in longer than 10k either to be honest x

If I knew that I'd have bought my mum two a long time ago lol she can barely walk longer than an hour the now, wish she could run with me.

I don't think I'd be interested in longer than 10k either to be honest x

My Mum is a bomber - she was 10 mins ahead of me by the end!! 10km is no bother to her - fit as a bloody fiddle!

That's good to hear someone agrees with me on that - everyone seems to be pushing me to go faster and further and further etc. but really I want to enjoy my runs rather than constantly pushing myself. There is a 10 mile coming up that Mums interested in but I dunno if I'd be up for it - its over 16km :eek:

azwethinkweiz said:
My Mum is a bomber - she was 10 mins ahead of me by the end!! 10km is no bother to her - fit as a bloody fiddle!

That's good to hear someone agrees with me on that - everyone seems to be pushing me to go faster and further and further etc. but really I want to enjoy my runs rather than constantly pushing myself. There is a 10 mile coming up that Mums interested in but I dunno if I'd be up for it - its over 16km :eek:

It's great ur mum is like that though gives u a bit of motivation, if she can do it so can u!

Once I'm running 10k I'd like to better my time but don't ever see myself running half marathons and other long distance it's just not me. So do u fancy the 16k or not too sure? X

claireb10 said:
It's great ur mum is like that though gives u a bit of motivation, if she can do it so can u!

Once I'm running 10k I'd like to better my time but don't ever see myself running half marathons and other long distance it's just not me. So do u fancy the 16k or not too sure? X

Found out today my time was 77mins. I'd like to get that under 70 mins eventually.
I don't see myself running half marathons or marathons either to be honest... It's just too much!!
At the mo I don't fancy the 16km but I'll see closer to the time lol ;) x

azwethinkweiz said:
Found out today my time was 77mins. I'd like to get that under 70 mins eventually.
I don't see myself running half marathons or marathons either to be honest... It's just too much!!
At the mo I don't fancy the 16km but I'll see closer to the time lol ;) x

That great and think it would have been even less if u weren't dodging other people. When u entered what did u estimate ur time as being?

Didn't do W2D1 yesterday as went to see a friend after work and I'm loaded with the cold. Will see how I feel after work today, fingers crossed x

claireb10 said:
That great and think it would have been even less if u weren't dodging other people. When u entered what did u estimate ur time as being?

Didn't do W2D1 yesterday as went to see a friend after work and I'm loaded with the cold. Will see how I feel after work today, fingers crossed x

Definitely would've been a bit less if it wasn't so crowded and my leg was 100%. I thought maybe 75mins so I wasn't far off!

That's good, do it if you're feeling up for it. I'm off to running club tonight. Gonna do 2 miles and maybe 3 if my leg feels ok :) x

Hello everyone!!!

wow well done on your 10k run!!! and running club!!! - INSPIRATION!!!

Right i have posted in here before BUT never returned so i have my shamed face well and truly on!!! i have the app on my phone for like months!!! but not once used it!! soooooo Friday is the day!!! so more excuses im getting out there and wopping 5k's ass!!! ...... well eventually haha!!! so i'll start by wopping the couch's ass!! hehe!

is there any apps that anyone uses on iphone to tracking like miles done, time taken and the altitude etc?! or does the couch to 5k app do that for you?! i have the app called Get Running and its orange logo with a blue trainer.

xxxx

Almost time for week 2 to start!! Eek! Hope I can manage it!! xxx

I did too...longer time and less reps worked for me I think....don't know how I'll get on with week 3 - 3mins of running - aaaagh!

Minnie2be said:
I did too...longer time and less reps worked for me I think....don't know how I'll get on with week 3 - 3mins of running - aaaagh!

You will do great . Me and 2 of my neighbours got up to wk 6 but ave stopped for 1 reason and another for the last 3 wks but are back to it tomorrow. It was not too bad at all i was really enjoying it but reckon ill have to go back to wk 5 and start again x

Minnie2be said:

Well done. I'm just concentrating on this week first then will think about week three when I need to lol x

I know I do think ahead don't I?! Now a delicious tea of scallops and butternut squash wedges!! Mmmm! x

emmaedes said:
Hello everyone!!!

wow well done on your 10k run!!! and running club!!! - INSPIRATION!!!

Right i have posted in here before BUT never returned so i have my shamed face well and truly on!!! i have the app on my phone for like months!!! but not once used it!! soooooo Friday is the day!!! so more excuses im getting out there and wopping 5k's ass!!! ...... well eventually haha!!! so i'll start by wopping the couch's ass!! hehe!

is there any apps that anyone uses on iphone to tracking like miles done, time taken and the altitude etc?! or does the couch to 5k app do that for you?! i have the app called Get Running and its orange logo with a blue trainer.

xxxx

Welcome hon and thanks very much. It's really strange for me to be called an inspiration lol... I don't think of it like that at all hehe. Let us know how you get on.
I just used a free app that didn't gave any fanciness. I did recently get mapmyrun which maps your route and everything.
My sister has a c25k app that cost a couple euro and it had loads of extra stuff like that on it, I'll ask her what it's called!

Well done everyone, ye are all doing fab :) *proud face* heeeere come the girrrrrrls ;)

Did roughly 5k at running club tonight. My blisters are really sore though :(

Minnie2be said:

Don't be thinking too much about the werks to come or you'll scare yourself (I did the same thing though). I will surprise yourself when you realise you're well able for it :) you're doing great x

Back