Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

brien77 said:
finished week 2 day 1 tonight. went to the gym and did it on the treadmill. its easier on the treadmill than on the footpaths so think i better stick at least twice a week to the roads.its just soooooo cold out there :(
I always thought it'd be harder on the treadmill for some reason but I must be wrong lol - I'm afraid of falling off :p
Well done on starting week 2, you're doing great.
I did week 5 day 2 this morning - feeling good about it even though my legs were getting fair tired near the end!!

azwethinkweiz/Sarah: 27/11/2011
- Week 1 - 4 complete | Week 5 Day 2 complete
MrsLmc/Laura: 29/11/2011
- Week 3 day 2 of O.T Completed
top_stuff/Jay: 29/11/2011
- Week 1 day 1 completed
hourglasshannah/Hannah: 29/11/2011
- Week 1 day 1 completed
NeedsMotivation: 30/11/2011
-Week 1 Day 2 completed
CarlyLanky140: 11/01/2012
- Week 1 Day 3 completed
Brien77/Sinéad : 12/01/2012
- Week 2 Day 1 completed
Starkissedx : (to start in Jan)
-
DublinRose: (to start in Jan)
-
Blue: 03/01/12
- Week 1 Day 1 completed

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I slways find running outside harder than the treadmill :/

I think its cos the t.mill kinda bounces with you but the road doesnt...if that makes any sense !!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

I'm still here too. Did my walk 2mins jog 3 mins x6 last night in very hilly, dark, and rainy/hail stones area. Felt great after it though. Roll on walk 1min jog 4mins X 5 tomorrow eeeekkkk.....and 4 weeks to the 5k!!!!!!!!! What the hell were we all thinking hehe

Sounds good Laura - sounds difficult too! 6 goes of jogging!! How you finding it?
Sinead you're doing fab so far... Do not let any of the days intimidate you. Think positive, you can totally do it! Headphones in and just get going and then you'll feel great after you've done it :)
I still have my W5D3 to do so I'm gonna do it today and update ye later xx

Week 5 complete... Never thought I'd make it this far. Over halfway there now... Legs were getting knackered though!

- Week 1 - 5 complete
- Week 1 day 1 completed
- Week 1 day 1 completed
-Week 1 Day 2 completed
- Week 1 Day 3 completed
- Week 2 Day 1 completed
-
-
- Week 1 Day 1 completed

You are doing brill Sarah. Really is getting harder but we are completing each day so must mean something. I'm enjoying it alright now. Might be hard to get out today, its so wintery and I'm going out tonight with our friends for dinner so I'll have to go on the treadmill I think. I'll put it on an incline and try a faster pace. Then back outside tomorrow for the next day. 4 weeks today till the 5k eeeeekkkk

Well done everyone :D

Sorry for being AWOL - I have still been doing it tho.. done all fo week 2 :D I am TERRIFIED of week 3... 3 minutes run sounds impossible!! xx

- Week 1 - 5 complete
- Week 1 day 1 completed
- Week 1 day 1 completed
-Week 1 Day 2 completed
- Week 2 Day 3 completed
- Week 2 Day 1 completed
-
-
- Week 1 Day 1 completed

Everyone is doing so well :) I started Week 3 today, very windy out so it was tough, got through the first 3 min run fine but the second one was hard...had to stop and get my breath back halfway through it before I could continue :D

I ran on a running track round the local field today for a change and I didn't like it at all...I usually run on the open road and its much easier.

I don't go to a track as I think I'd get bored lol. I ran on the road today and went up quite a few hills so had to run fairly slow. But its all about keeping going for me and I'll build up speed afterwards.
4 weeks to 5k Laura!! Can't believe its so soon... Hope I'm able for it, I'm jogging slow right now.
Carly don't let the 3 minutes intimidate you... I was worried doing it too but try not to over think it. You can totally do it, just keep a slow steady pace so you don't get puffed out! Week 6 should be fun...I'm actually looking forward to my runs these days... X
Everyone is doing great :) keep it up gang! Xxx

Thanks Sarah!! Will try and see if I can do it :D xx

CarlyLanky140 said:
Thanks Sarah!! Will try and see if I can do it :D xx

You CAN do it. Keep telling yourself that you can. That's what I did today :) x

Thanks darling :) what did u say the kph walk and run speeds were? Z

Sarah I'm very slow jogging too, I could probably walk the 5k quicker hehe but I'm not worried about that, that'll come with time. I look forward to my runs now too, feel great when they are done too lol. Not looking forward till tomorrows though, I'll probably have a hangover lol, but I'll still go, I be annoyed if I don't x

well done everyone it sounds like your all doing fab! well i done last weeks ok so started w3 today..not too bad,at least the time goes quicker when your running more.really enjoying it at the mo...not sure if i will when the running increases i think 3 mins is my limit haha! i find my feet/ankles hurt moreso than im knackered.only walk on 6 and jog on 6.5 so slow going.hopefully they ll get used to it! i ve been walking on the treadmill since b4 xmas and i can actually feel muscles in my legs now...i cant see a difference yet but i now know theres a muscle in there somewhere!so hopefully now with jogging aswell i might start to see improvement!

Week 6 Day 1 done tonight. My legs are knackered after 3 days exercise in a row. Defo on a break tomorrow ;)

- Week 1 - 5 complete | Week 6 Day 1 complete
- Week 1 day 1 completed
- Week 1 day 1 completed
-Week 1 Day 2 completed
- Week 2 Day 3 completed