Couch to 5K Challenge - who's in?

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
Hi gorgeous guys and gals!

As a lot of you are aware, I am a huge fan of the 30 day shred, but ive done it to death now, so needed something new to get me going and keep me focused on plan!

So Today i started the Couch to 5K running programme..

Week 1 is 3 runs, 5 minutes brisk walk warm up - 60 seconds running, 90 seconds brisk walking repeated and then a 5 min walking cool down...

I surprised myself actually, and managed it to the second, i cant wait for run number 2!

Didnt think i would be able to run after not so much as running for a bus in over 2 years, but the programme is perfect for chubbies to get off their bums and get out there!

If anyone would like to join me i would be absolutely over the moon!

I will keep track of my progress in here if no one minds, as found having a thread kept me sane through the shred!

Loads of love and hope some of you fancy donning your running trainers and spandex (kidding) xxxxx

Hey Lauren,
I'll join if you don't mind?
I have been running and skipping this week, but I am getting worn out to easily! This sounds much better xxx

Hi sweetie,

Thats fab! im made up you want to do it to!

Do you know where to download it from etc?

I started week 1 today, and its 3 runs so you will be able to get them in this week and we can move up to week 2 together etc!

xxxx

ooh Shanny thats fab!

i was thinking about joining a running group soon as im confident actually!

you going to start this week chick?

xxx

go for it ladies :):) :D:D :):) you know me and i'd join you but i'm past 5k but i'll egg you all on and support you all :D:D

ooh Shanny thats fab!

i was thinking about joining a running group soon as im confident actually!

you going to start this week chick?

xxx
No will start next week as I have zumba on Saturday/ personal training tomorrow.

I'm on ss+ at the moment so need to be careful xx

LovelyLauren said:
Hi sweetie,

Thats fab! im made up you want to do it to!

Do you know where to download it from etc?

I started week 1 today, and its 3 runs so you will be able to get them in this week and we can move up to week 2 together etc!

xxxx

Don't have a clue where to download it from, would you mind posting the link to me? I will get started on it in the morning :)

I'm actually excited xxx

Thanks Great Things, that's twice you have helped me tonight!
Appreciate it xxx

I'm going too start in the morning, hope everyone has a good night, I'm off too bed. Night girls xxx

Hey girls I would love to join u all but I want to wAit until I go onto 810 before I start exercise again. I intend to move onto 810 on 15th march but I will keep popping in to see how ur all doing. I would love to be able to run for more than a minute lol. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i'm starting this too, but i cant join you ladies as my work is irregular
and i will be doing it the days i am off. but good luck to everyone.
remember ladies, BUY A DECENT SPORTS BRA.!

i have a htc phone and you can download it from the market
for anyone who has one.! xx FREE

Oooh I'm in! I'm doing 5k at Race for Life in Plymouth in July so I have to do it and it'd be great to have company - well timed :D probably starting tomorrow! xx

I'm in lauren - i've been following the first 3 weeks worth of C25K since November and slowly building up but have missed a few weeks now so this will get me back in it. Will get my 3 in this week so we can hit next week together. I'm going to be doing the shred starting today as well !

I'll join you! (I am really surprised this came out of my mouth!!)

I have downloaded the C25k Lite android app, which will help me as it has a bell everytime you need to change speed etc. SO I won;t be able to cheat the timings.

I currently can't run at all - so hopefully I can do this!

It'd be a great addition to my power plate classes, as currently I'm only doing toning - no cardio.

Can't start until Sunday - but won't be far behind you!!

As from 1st of March I'm in! off to see my CDC today for the first time, so am going to give myself some time to get into it and then give this challenge a go :) x

Hey girls jus to let u know I've found an iPhone app for the c25k too. It's £1.75 and tells you when u need to change speed and has all the stages on it. And u can listen to ur iPod music while ur on it. Hope that helps for any of u girlies with an iPhone xxxx

emz.is.shrinkin said:
Hey girls jus to let u know I've found an iPhone app for the c25k too. It's £1.75 and tells you when u need to change speed and has all the stages on it. And u can listen to ur iPod music while ur on it. Hope that helps for any of u girlies with an iPhone xxxx

Hi...there's 2 android version too..light and pro. Light is free and pro has a few extra features like will link to Facebook etc. You can also down load podcasts to an mp3 from the C25k site that have a music backing track and tell you when to change pace.

i'm starting this too, but i cant join you ladies as my work is irregular
and i will be doing it the days i am off. but good luck to everyone.
remember ladies, BUY A DECENT SPORTS BRA.!

i have a htc phone and you can download it from the market
for anyone who has one.! xx FREE

i can highly recommend the run bra. shock absorber one. it's been through loads of tests and i find it really comfortable although a tiny bit tight but it's better tight cause it stops you from moving around. no rubbing or scratchy bits and well padded in places to stop chaffing. it's quite expensive but a good bra is worth its weight in gold when you are running, nothing worse than having boob pain, which i've had.

quite interesting to put on though. takes a bit of practise.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/focus/run-sportsbra.html

I use the shock absorbers too and they are fab!

The M&S sports bra is pretty good too.

Back