couch to 5k

I quite like running (jogging slowly). I loved it when i was in school, many many years ago. What i dont like is that i have to get out of bed to do it.

Also on that subject. All the runners that do it in the morning, do you eat before hand.

I've tried logging into run keeper but won't let me? Bit of a pain as good idea to start street team for motivation.

And, omg, I can't beleive someone could get to 5k and still hate it, wow what an achievment! Well done :)

I quite like running (jogging slowly). I loved it when i was in school, many many years ago. What i dont like is that i have to get out of bed to do it.

Also on that subject. All the runners that do it in the morning, do you eat before hand.

My brother always tells me you're best to do it on an empty stomach as that way you are burning fat, but i suppose it depends on how you feel. A banana is meant to be good before running - slow releasing

I've tried logging into run keeper but won't let me? Bit of a pain as good idea to start street team for motivation.

And, omg, I can't beleive someone could get to 5k and still hate it, wow what an achievment! Well done :)

Did you register for an account? Oh well - maybe we can just post on here and let each other know how we're getting on!! I didn't go last night but need to fit it in tonight somewhere before going out for a curry at 7.30 and after putting the kids to bed at 7 lol. Better hope hubby is home early :)

does anyone who is starting the C25K run for more than the recommended three times a week.

I feel that i would do better if i ran more.

i wouldnt do anymore than is reccomended,,i felt the same but it hit me the following week:)

I've managed to set up account on runkeeper. Can't see how to set up a street team?

Damn it! I was so eager to get out and start my run today but had 3 lots of guests pop by to see hubby who had an op last fri. :(

Ah well...will try again tomorrow.

was going to start W2 this morning but it was hammering down. will do it whether it rains or not tomorrow.

Stahir and tara.....
Have you started yet????

Stahir and tara.....
Have you started yet????

Yes! I started on sunday and day 2 run will be tomorrow (had work today and then slimming world meeting). Be prepared for the ache in your legs and please,please,please do your stretches otherwise you'll regret it the following day!!!! :rolleyes:

Good luck! :D

Stahir and tara.....
Have you started yet????

yes completed day two of week two this morning. havent found it too taxing yet, as i had got to week 5 before and hurt my ankle and wasnt able to do anything for weeks and weeks.

Hi!

Was just wondering what the C25K program actually is? I go to gym but have never been able to run on a tread mill so far I have only ever jogged once lol. would love to be able to and this plan sounds like it would help me get there. What is the plan?

It's an app you can download onto itouch/iphone (sure you'll be able to for blackberrys and android phones too). You jog 3 times a week and it builds up your stamina until you are able to run for a solid 30 mins!:)

Only problem is that i'm too busy at work this week and i've only managed to get out and run the one time. May have to restart when the dust settles. :rolleyes:

Brilliant! Thanks Stahir. Sounds like a good plan. I've jus started at the gym and get puffed walking so am waaay at the start lol hopefully my stamina builds up and I can begin jogging. Really want to sign up for the Race for Life in May xx

It's all about motivation. The first week is really hard to keep yourself motivated, but once you get through two weeks of it and feel like your endurance is starting to grow, your motivation builds right along with it.

Thanks dj, treadmill is setup and i'm ready for a run. I think as long as I keep reading these forums for a few weeks i'll get motivated and hopefully catch that "running bug".

Now where is my iPhone...

Thanks dj, treadmill is setup and i'm ready for a run. I think as long as I keep reading these forums for a few weeks i'll get motivated and hopefully catch that "running bug".

Now where is my iPhone...

Good luck, Andy... I hear ya, I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now, waiting for my motivation to sink in. I think this will finally be the week I turn things up.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Back