couch to 5k

can someone doing it give me a brief explantion of how the programme works is it based on 6 weeks that progessivley get harder? its just im gonna start training and need a goal as ive applied for the great north run ? and is it free or do you have to buy an app like some people have posted?

Stahir where did you join the Jillian Michaels team

When or where hun?

Joined a few weeks ago but the day after i did the 1st workout i weighed 2lbs heavier so i'm now leaving it until i lose the flab! lolol :eek:

can someone doing it give me a brief explantion of how the programme works is it based on 6 weeks that progessivley get harder? its just im gonna start training and need a goal as ive applied for the great north run ? and is it free or do you have to buy an app like some people have posted?

It does get progressively harder week by week which increases your endurance levels. The app is free i think or it's around £1.50...well worth it...if only i could get out and run!!!

Good luck, Andy... I hear ya, I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now, waiting for my motivation to sink in. I think this will finally be the week I turn things up.

Hope everyone has a great week!

I wish it was my week, unfortunately i'm away for most of the week so it won't be my week. Maybe next week. I'm going to try and hit the treadmill tomorrow morning.

Hi guys :)

I'm a couch to 5k graduate & couldn't recommend it enough. It really is brilliant. Remember take your own pace & don't be afraid to repeat a week if you feel you need to.

I also did the follow on programme bridge to 10k & am now training for a half marathon!

Keep it up guys :D

I have this and gave it a try. I thought I was going to die that first week and found every excuse to give up and did just that.
I often think I'd love to be able to run. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Everyone is so posative and only heard good things about c-5k the only thing that worries me about starting is the impact on my knees as I'm overweight. Or am I just finding excuses!!?
X

I keep making excuses so I understand. Get some good quality running shoes and see your GP before you start if you're unsure.

Look at me, so good with the advice but then not actually taking the plunge myself!

Excuses excuses!!!!!!!
Infact if you look at the nhs website in the healthy living part it actually reccomends c25k!!!!
You will not be doing that much intense running for a few weeks on c25k so i cant see how its going to affect your knees that much but if you are unsure see you doc first :)

OK folks... my training starts today. This will be my second attempt to get through C25K... made it half way through last time, and I could really feel the difference inside. However I wasn't too devoted to the dieting so I fell off track (not literally!)... this time I'm determined to make a difference.

Back