Couch to 5k

well done time2go!!

Just finished week 8 :D

Great news Rigby. We're about at the same stage. I started week 9 on Saturday. I have my Race for Life this coming Sunday, so it's all tied in really well. I'm really enjoying my running now and have decided I'm definetly going to take it further and progress towards running 10k.

I'm doing this too. I just finished Week Two. I've been doing it on my elliptical trainer so far, but I must confess to wanting to get outside soon. The trainer is quite monotonous. I'd really love to run some 5ks next year. First, I need to buy some proper running shoes and some semi-decent exercise gear. My students live in my neighbourhood and the last thing I want them to see me is my tatty tracksuit bottoms and my big t-shirt with a giraffe on it ;)

Faery_Lights - do what I do and get a cap with a low beak so no-one recognises you lol. Proper running shoes I think are definitely worth the money, especially if your heavy like me. I ran on pavement for weeks one and two in ordinary trainers and it did me in - I ended up having to take a break from it for 2 weeks to repair my legs!
I really wanted to start this morning but I have just too much to do, so I'm starting it again tomorrow morning. Got my c5k app and music ready, I dont care if it rains - I'm going! I've got my motivation back that seems to have been missing all year and I'm so excited!

spudsnipes said:
Faery_Lights - do what I do and get a cap with a low beak so no-one recognises you lol. Proper running shoes I think are definitely worth the money, especially if your heavy like me. I ran on pavement for weeks one and two in ordinary trainers and it did me in - I ended up having to take a break from it for 2 weeks to repair my legs!
I really wanted to start this morning but I have just too much to do, so I'm starting it again tomorrow morning. Got my c5k app and music ready, I dont care if it rains - I'm going! I've got my motivation back that seems to have been missing all year and I'm so excited!

Well done on remotivating yourself :)

Rhyannasmum said:
Great news Rigby. We're about at the same stage. I started week 9 on Saturday. I have my Race for Life this coming Sunday, so it's all tied in really well. I'm really enjoying my running now and have decided I'm definetly going to take it further and progress towards running 10k.

I'm also planning to progress on, I'm only on week 3 though lol

Week3 day1 complete. Who ever thought I would enjoy this!!

Do u think u sud only do 3 runs a week or on weeks u feel up to it, run every 2 day?

Just completed Week 1 Day 1 :)

Do u think u sud only do 3 runs a week or on weeks u feel up to it, run every 2 day?

I run 3 times a week and do other forms of exercise on the other days; a long walk, Pilates, swimming, Zumba, the gym, whatever takes my fancy.

wrote on the wrong thread

Well done glamup, def hardest bit!

That's good to knowx I think I will increase my running and maybe look at classes..

Well I'm committed now. I've just paid £40 to enter a BUPA 10 mile run in October. Gulp! 10 miles is a long way isn't it?

Lol I'm too scared to commit to the great Scottish run 10k in Sept. Good for u!

Well done Glamup, that's the hardest one done.

Thanks Rhyannasmum, I hope it gets easier - although admittedly, I didn't find it too difficult.
Hope I'm still saying that when I get to week 9 :D

Well done glamup, def hardest bit!

That's good to knowx I think I will increase my running and maybe look at classes..

Thanks

Back