Couch to 5k

Faery_Lights - do what I do and get a cap with a low beak so no-one recognises you lol. Proper running shoes I think are definitely worth the money, especially if your heavy like me. I ran on pavement for weeks one and two in ordinary trainers and it did me in - I ended up having to take a break from it for 2 weeks to repair my legs!
I really wanted to start this morning but I have just too much to do, so I'm starting it again tomorrow morning. Got my c5k app and music ready, I dont care if it rains - I'm going! I've got my motivation back that seems to have been missing all year and I'm so excited!

Sadly a cap won't entirely solve the problem- I'm the only 6 foot tall white woman in my neighbourhood and I'm definitely the only 6 foot tall white woman who teaches my students. Starting Week 3 tomorrow!

I'm thinking of skipping week 3, has anyone else skipped a week? I done day 1 yesterday n coped well and was a bit disappointed with lack of challenge from x

I did the weeks as it said. I've had a tendency in the past to go at new fitness stuff like a mad thing and then I've ended up injured and not able to train. So for once in my life I decided to be sensible and build up gradually. Its worked for me, but you know your body best.

Did day 1 of Week 4 last night, found it hard but not as hard as I expected, quite surprised by how well I did actually. Looking forward to tomorrow when I go out again.

Rhyannasmum said:
I did the weeks as it said. I've had a tendency in the past to go at new fitness stuff like a mad thing and then I've ended up injured and not able to train. So for once in my life I decided to be sensible and build up gradually. Its worked for me, but you know your body best.

Yeah, ur prob right! No point risking it xxx

dublinrose said:
Did day 1 of Week 4 last night, found it hard but not as hard as I expected, quite surprised by how well I did actually. Looking forward to tomorrow when I go out again.

Well done :) I'm looking forward to it x

just completed w3r3 feeling fab its hard work but so achieavable if u just put your mind to it. slighty nervous but excited about starting week 4

well done everyone still doing it :) I've had a set back cos I fell off my bike badly, injured my legs so dont think I'll be able to start for a few more days :( really angry cos I was really focused to start doing it today!

well done everyone still doing it :) I've had a set back cos I fell off my bike badly, injured my legs so dont think I'll be able to start for a few more days :( really angry cos I was really focused to start doing it today!

I'm sorry to hear that. Focus on getting your legs better first and then you can carry on! :) I'm sure you'll still make it!

Ok done it. Completed my last run of C25K this morning. Doing Race for Life on Sunday so I'll have another practice run on Friday. Have already downloaded an app to take me from 5k to 10k so will start that next week. Keep going everyone, it works.

my fone is broken n away to get fixed :-( was using the app on that. dunno what to do now...

I just finished Week 3 Run 1. This is the first time it's made my whole body feel like jelly!

Well done Rhyannasmum!

Thats brilliant faery_lights, keep at it - it gets a bit harder then it gets easier in my opinion. Wish I was doing it! I test the waters today cos of my leg and I was able to jog for about 10 seconds then my leg killed so definitely too soon to try lol

well done everyone. i today did w4r1 was hard work but felt great for doing it.

time2go do u have an ipod that u can download the podcasts on whilst your phone is being fixed

I did Week 3 Run 2 this morning since I'm away for the weekend. My pace was maybe a little slower but I didn't feel half so puffed out afterwards so I guess it's making a difference!

well done everyone. i today did w4r1 was hard work but felt great for doing it.

time2go do u have an ipod that u can download the podcasts on whilst your phone is being fixed

actually, yes i do but i forget what ipods can do. as it is my husbands spare fone, which is spare for a reason!, manages the app fine :) so we continue x

I'm away for a few days (back home briefly in the middle but I'm struggling to work out when I'll find time to sleep, let alone run!) so I've got a week off running. I'll miss it! :( I've got W9D2 to do next so I'm hoping I can get straight back into it after a week off but if not then I'll take a step back if I need to. I suppose it will be interesting to see how much it affects my fitness, the time off might be another good motivator in itself :)

I want to start this soon, I have the NHS podcast app on my ipod but not tried it yet, what other apps do people use? Would prefer to listen to my own music, but like the idea of someone telling me when to run or walk! I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. x

I want to start this soon, I have the NHS podcast app on my ipod but not tried it yet, what other apps do people use? Would prefer to listen to my own music, but like the idea of someone telling me when to run or walk! I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. x

i use "rundouble" in ur app store search c25k. i have my own music running and a wee guy comes on and say "run", "walk". tells how how each interval goes too. it is good. I have just finished w4d2. it is amazing to think what i can achieve in such a short space x

Back