Couch to 5k

I'm away for a few days (back home briefly in the middle but I'm struggling to work out when I'll find time to sleep, let alone run!) so I've got a week off running. I'll miss it! :( I've got W9D2 to do next so I'm hoping I can get straight back into it after a week off but if not then I'll take a step back if I need to. I suppose it will be interesting to see how much it affects my fitness, the time off might be another good motivator in itself :)

well done on reaching this stage and i am sure a wee break wont b too damaging x

i use "rundouble" in ur app store search c25k. i have my own music running and a wee guy comes on and say "run", "walk". tells how how each interval goes too. it is good. I have just finished w4d2. it is amazing to think what i can achieve in such a short space x

Thank you!

Going to look for that now.

honeslty, it is so motivating and getting through it week does make u feel good and it does seem to happen witout even realising it x

I'm trying to do this atm. started last Sunday and have managed to jog up to 2k at the moment. I plan on incresing it slightly every time until i get up to 5k then will work on speed

just finished W2D3! :D admittedly, i should be on week 3 by now, had a little blip in the middle haha! but oh well...

I just did W1D1 and i really struggled but Im determined to keep it up. Would love to have the guts to do it outdoors!

Daisyhappy! said:
I just did W1D1 and i really struggled but Im determined to keep it up. Would love to have the guts to do it outdoors!

I thought the same then thought what the hell, I'm gonna look good soon and all u people driving past can laugh but I've got off my bum and I'm doing this. Since I've started I've seen so many people running and not once thought god look her him or her, don't worry what others think just be proud of urself for doing it x

I ran 5k for Race for Life this morning. I am so proud of myself. 9 weeks ago I started the C25K programme and struggled to run for 1 minute. Today I ran in the first race of my life. The conditions were terrible. The course was cross country. The ground was sodden and very slippy and muddy.

There were almost 3000 runners and it felt like most of them were walking in front of me as I tried to dodge and weave my way through the mud and around them. I have trained running on fairly flat Tarmac roads and paths and the rough, slippy ground and hills today made it much harder work than I am used to. I am entered into a 10 mile race in October and today demonstrated to me that I have a lot of work to do to prepare for that.

I finished in 29 mins and 14 secs. My pace must have been slightly faster than when I train as that's the kind of time it takes me to complete 5k under normal road running conditions as opposed to the cross country conditions today.

I got a fabulous high after I'd finished. Well worth it. Keep going everyone, I think the C25K programme is amazing.

I ran 5k for Race for Life this morning. I am so proud of myself. 9 weeks ago I started the C25K programme and struggled to run for 1 minute. Today I ran in the first race of my life. The conditions were terrible. The course was cross country. The ground was sodden and very slippy and muddy.

There were almost 3000 runners and it felt like most of them were walking in front of me as I tried to dodge and weave my way through the mud and around them. I have trained running on fairly flat Tarmac roads and paths and the rough, slippy ground and hills today made it much harder work than I am used to. I am entered into a 10 mile race in October and today demonstrated to me that I have a lot of work to do to prepare for that.

I finished in 29 mins and 14 secs. My pace must have been slightly faster than when I train as that's the kind of time it takes me to complete 5k under normal road running conditions as opposed to the cross country conditions today.

I got a fabulous high after I'd finished. Well worth it. Keep going everyone, I think the C25K programme is amazing.

Congrats! x

Rhyannasmum said:

Well done, congratulations

pollydolly said:
I thought the same then thought what the hell, I'm gonna look good soon and all u people driving past can laugh but I've got off my bum and I'm doing this. Since I've started I've seen so many people running and not once thought god look her him or her, don't worry what others think just be proud of urself for doing it x

Thanks Polly Dolly i know you're right and Im actually itching to get out and do it!
Can anyone tell me, i did Day1 yesterday but was really rubbish, would i be ok to do it again today or should i really leave a day between?

Woops, i had intended to go for a good swim but my gym was closed so did C25K again :/ had a nice hot shower after, hope Im not in a bad way tomorrow :O

Hi guys mind if I join u? Did w5r1 yday and it hurt!! Looked at what's in store for me the rest of this week and I'm thinking maybe it would be an idea to repeat w5r1 and feel ok with it before pushing myself and failing, what do u all think?

Hi guys mind if I join u? Did w5r1 yday and it hurt!! Looked at what's in store for me the rest of this week and I'm thinking maybe it would be an idea to repeat w5r1 and feel ok with it before pushing myself and failing, what do u all think?

lol i completed w4 yesterday and done what i have never done. looked ahaed, oops! day 3!!! anyway, u go with how u feel, that is what they say x

Week 3 Run 3 completed! Can't believe the difference- after the first run it took me almost an hour to fully recover. I feel so much better this time and I definitely pushed myself more. Starting to believe its working now!

time2go said:
lol i completed w4 yesterday and done what i have never done. looked ahaed, oops! day 3!!! anyway, u go with how u feel, that is what they say x

There's not a hope in hell I can do 20 mins this week!! Think I'll repeat and look again at it after mastering the 5 and 8 min runs without my calf muscles feeling like they are going to explode. Good luck with w5

Back