Couch to 5k

My eating is also to pot, stalling with c25k but not stopping! Good luck xxx

I've signed up for a 5K run on October 21st! I'll be running it in the Korean city of Gyeongju- it's gorgeous there so I thought it would help motivate me. So excited (and nervous)-109 days to go! :)

faery_lights said:
I've signed up for a 5K run on October 21st! I'll be running it in the Korean city of Gyeongju- it's gorgeous there so I thought it would help motivate me. So excited (and nervous)-109 days to go! :)

Wow that really is motive! Beats running around muddy wet lanes like I've been doing tonight. Yuk it's enough to make u want to quit but I didn't, I still have hopes for a 5k jog on a summers eve

Misssomerset said:
Wow that really is motive! Beats running around muddy wet lanes like I've been doing tonight. Yuk it's enough to make u want to quit but I didn't, I still have hopes for a 5k jog on a summers eve

Agreed x

time2go said:
My eating is also to pot, stalling with c25k but not stopping! Good luck xxx

I can't concentrate on 2 things at once although I am a woman so i should! I think we will do this and it'll all fall into place, well I'm hoping

Misssomerset said:
I can't concentrate on 2 things at once although I am a woman so i should! I think we will do this and it'll all fall into place, well I'm hoping

Lol! Same. Maybe that is the only thing guys can do together! I always thought getting fit wud make me wanna eat better but nope....

Began C25K again today - W1D1 completed.
Always seem to find it difficult when I get to the sixth run - but glad I pushed myself through :)

Lol! Same. Maybe that is the only thing guys can do together! I always thought getting fit wud make me wanna eat better but nope....

But isn't it even more important- surely putting good stuff in your body helps with the exercise? :) If you're finding it hard try eating one healthy meal every day and building it up. Every little helps! :)

I did Week 5 Run 1 yesterday. I actually found it okay but it makes me even more apprehensive about Run 2. Loving how I am feeling fitter and healthier though. Off swimming tonight. Hoping I can work that in with my runs so I'm doing both Cardio and Resistance in the week!

Hi Members
Can anybody give me the plan for this please?
Also did anyone start it having never run before?
I havnt been to the gym for ages and I'm very overweight, would love to get my Target 10% weight loss at Slimming World but I hate the gym

Laura_Cook said:
Hi Members
I havnt been to the gym for ages and I'm very overweight, would love to get my Target 10% weight loss at Slimming World but I hate the gym

Me! Well I ran when I was 14 n I'm now 27 n also very overweight.

Yes, it is more I.important now I am exercising but I cannot seem to get it right....

Laura_Cook said:
Hi Members

Hi if you have an iPhone download the "get running app" if not I do believe if you google Nhs couch to 5k programme you will get some information on a very similar plan that has links to download to an mp3, the other way to do it is to write the plan down and do it with a stop watch but that's a bit fiddly and you don't get the encouragement from the voice to keep going. Good luck... I know if it gets me running then it'll work for anyone, w5r3 to complete later then I may actually feel like I'm nearly a runner

Must add I've not lost any weight doing this at all yet, but I do think that as the runs get more intense that it may happen (hopeful face)

Misssomerset said:
Must add I've not lost any weight doing this at all yet, but I do think that as the runs get more intense that it may happen (hopeful face)

Same but I am still over eating

Week 5 Day 2 done!! Officially half way through now!

I think I am going to jump ship Nd move onto zero to 10k ....

Misssomerset said:
Brave of you, very best of luck, come back and let us know how it's going x
Look into it, even up to week 5 looks doable and I'm on week 6 off c25k x

Back