Couch to 5k

Week 5 Run 3 FINISHED.

Can't believe I managed it- I actually feel quite emotional. I was the girl at school who got picked last for every game, who walked as much as possible and who detested exercise. Until earlier this year I always believed I would hate exercise. But it makes me feel so good about myself... I love it. Looking forward to pushing it further with week 6!

faery_lights said:
Week 5 Run 3 FINISHED.

Can't believe I managed it- I actually feel quite emotional. I was the girl at school who got picked last for every game, who walked as much as possible and who detested exercise. Until earlier this year I always believed I would hate exercise. But it makes me feel so good about myself... I love it. Looking forward to pushing it further with week 6!
That's excellent I'm so pleased for you even more because I was that girl too xx

W5R3 completed!!! Running in the rain and dodging floods made it more interesting, didn't think I'd do it as I'm in somerset and we have serious flooding in our roads but I did find a fairly clear route. Amazed and overwhelmed , sounds silly but I feel elated to of come this far

Misssomerset said:
W5R3 completed!!! Running in the rain and dodging floods made it more interesting, didn't think I'd do it as I'm in somerset and we have serious flooding in our roads but I did find a fairly clear route. Amazed and overwhelmed , sounds silly but I feel elated to of come this far

Yay!!!

W2D1 COMPLETED.
Wanted to give up after the third run - but kept going
:clap:

GlamUp said:
W2D1 COMPLETED.
Wanted to give up after the third run - but kept going :clap:

Well done x

W2D1 COMPLETED.
Wanted to give up after the third run - but kept going
:clap:

Keep going! You can do it.

I have a couple of appointments after work so I decided to do my run at 6am. Not good. I wasn't as focused, I was tired and I did all the running but missed the last couple of minutes of the warm down as I am exhausted. I definitely think I am an after work exerciser- the mornings are not for me.

Regardless, I am considering Week 6 Run 1 completed. :)

GlamUp said:
W2D1 COMPLETED.
Wanted to give up after the third run - but kept going :clap:

Don't give up you can do it, I'd advise you to re run it if at the end of the week you don't feel like you have mastered it, just re do one or two of the days, that's how I kept going as I know had I not re ran a couple of the runs here and there I'd never be on w6, it maybe a 9 week program but if it takes 12 weeks so be it at least you will get there

hello runners! i'm in week 8 now, amazed at myself tbh! i couldnt and never had been able to run when i started. now i can run for half an hour and ENJOY it :eek::D which is just staggering to me. i can't wait to see how much faster i can get as i lose the many stones still needed. atm i'm very slow, but it's really given me a confidence boost. i felt useless and weak and incapable of anything before. now i know i can do this against all probability, so i can probably do a whole lot else too.

hello runners! i'm in week 8 now, amazed at myself tbh! i couldnt and never had been able to run when i started. now i can run for half an hour and ENJOY it :eek::D which is just staggering to me. i can't wait to see how much faster i can get as i lose the many stones still needed. atm i'm very slow, but it's really given me a confidence boost. i felt useless and weak and incapable of anything before. now i know i can do this against all probability, so i can probably do a whole lot else too.

Awesome work Thursday! I know what you mean- the knowledge that any kind of exercise can be enjoyable was news to me, let alone running. You must feel so proud of yourself! Well done :D

thanks :D it's still a struggle to make it a habit though. i could still easily slip back to a life of slobbing. hoping when i start losing weight it will motivate me to keep it up. i've not lost any weight since i started c25k! which seems unfair lol

Well done x

Thank you time2go

Keep going! You can do it.

I have a couple of appointments after work so I decided to do my run at 6am. Not good. I wasn't as focused, I was tired and I did all the running but missed the last couple of minutes of the warm down as I am exhausted. I definitely think I am an after work exerciser- the mornings are not for me.

Regardless, I am considering Week 6 Run 1 completed. :)

Thanks faery_lights, well done too. Cannot imagine getting to Week 6...
Funnily enough I prefer the mornings - can do my run before I start making excuses. If I wait until after work.... I wouldn't go!

Don't give up you can do it, I'd advise you to re run it if at the end of the week you don't feel like you have mastered it, just re do one or two of the days, that's how I kept going as I know had I not re ran a couple of the runs here and there I'd never be on w6, it maybe a 9 week program but if it takes 12 weeks so be it at least you will get there

Thanks Misssomerset - good idea.

Phew w6r2 complete , skipped w6r1 as I felt able to move forward, hope I don't regret it as there's a 25 min one looming on the horizon!! Good luck all fellow c25k followers

Well done Miss Somerset!

I think everyone has a better time for exercising. Mine is not 6am ;)

And the progress you make on this journey is incredible!

W2D3 completed :)
Week 3 looks a lot more challenging.
Roll on Monday!

Week Six Run Three completed! I feel amazing! yay! :D

W7 starts today ....no more walking breaks I notice so I suppose this means I'm an actual runner if I get through this week!keep going everyone we are all doing fantastic

I just started this last week, im amazed at how much i've progressed in a week, the first night i couldn't even make the 60 secs jogging but now i can and feel ready to start week 2, considering im so unfit and haven't run since school 12 years ago i don't think im doing too bad although i can't wait until i can go out and run the whole 5k xx

Back