Total Solution Couch to 5k

sammysue

Hey guys looking for advice on doing the couch to 5k when on total solutions, do you think it's ok? Not too strenuous? Any help appreciated

Hey, I've been doing it! Am on the end of week 5 and am finding it really easy so far! However I have only just restarted on Exante this week having come back off a holiday, so am seeing how I go really, felt fine yesterday after my run and doing another tonight

Oh good, so you would recommend it then? I'm not really fit so I don't know if I will find it easy haha, gotta start somewhere though eh lol, good for you doing it 2 nights in a row :) we have a young son so my partner went out this morning before work and I'm going when he comes in, he said it was good and he found it easy as well but he's fitter than me lol x

I've not run since being at school, even then I did as little as i could! It starts really easy and then gets more week by week, but I'm not struggling at all so far! Like I said before i am doing the last run of week 5 tonight which is the longest i will have ran with no break if i can do it! (20 mins)

So logically by then end of the 8 weeks I should be able to run the 5k ! (fingers crossed)

I'm gonna start this. Planned to go last night. No shoes n no bra lol

That's excellent good luck for tonight :) I'm looking forward to doing it, the reviews on it were all good. :)

didnt make it to the gym the other night, went tonight instead, didnt quite manage that 20 minutes running, managed 17.5mins before i succumbed to the Stitch! Am just going to keep running the same run until I can do it fully, no point in progressing through if you can complete the stages!

Wow there's no way I could do 17.5 mins without stopping! Well done you lol, I just done my second night of the couch to 5k was tough but I'm so glad I done it, next one is on Saturday, hope it gets easier soon lol x

I am gonna start tonight! I got shoes and a bra for my birthday... Oh I'm nervous x

Good for you :) just do it at your own pace, if you have an iPhone or android you can download the app, talks you through it as you do it and you can listen to your own music x

I'm on week 3 and starting Exante on Monday, am I ok to keep going? I'm doing TS, this is the furthest I have ever got with C25K and really dont want to stop! xx

As far as I'm aware on their website it says you can do exercise but may take a couple of weeks for your body to adjust, personally I did find a diff in my energy levels even just walking up a hill I could really feel it in my legs but I started the couch to 5 k on my 6th day of exante, you may find you might have to stay on week three for a bit longer but there's no saying without you trying, just listen to your body :)

There was just one night this week i felt a bit of nausea after doing my run, I think its a combination of being very warm and muggy and also the fact I'm not eating food anymore, So i've decided if i feel like that afterwards I'll have my shake and if i feel no better I'm going to have a couple of boiled eggs.

I have just done run 1 week 1. I downloaded the app. It's quite motivational :) feel great. It was hard n obviously just gets harder x

Hi guys :) yeah I do feel dizzy once I've done my run but the 5 min walk at the end makes feel a bit better. WELL DONE to you for starting the couch to 5k, it defo does make you feel good about yourself keep up the good work people, we can do it!!!

I had the shakes after it, bit I had planned on having my bat after it anyway and that helped! What do I think about doing exercise on a 600cal diet? According to the app I burnt 299 calories. Do u think I should.increase my intake on these occasions? I'm not sure what is best...

I'm not too sure to be honest, you could email exante and ask, if you do will you let me know please :)

after 3 tries this week to complete week 5 run 3 (the 20minute no stopping) I finally managed it today!!! Who hooh can finally progress to week 6 now

Well done! That is so excellent! Run a full 20 minute session seems impossible! X

Back