Could someone please help me on my first day of ss cambridge diet

Hey guys,

So its my first day on cambridge diet today.
I started off this morning with a strawberry shake at about 9am... it was awful! I only managed about half of this shake. It made me gag and has made me feel sick all day and I didnt fancy any other shakes incase they didnt taste too good either.

I had my 2nd shake at 7pm (chocolate, not too bad! still had a strange smell though).

I have had 1.5litres of water during the day so far.

I just wanted to know if it is going to effect the diet because I havent had all 3 shakes today. Im feeling quite sick and full since having my 2nd shake and I still have 1litre of water left to drink so im not too sure if ill manage another shake today.

I felt really gutted after trying the strawberry shake thought it would be nice but it tasted like medicine and chalk to me! horrid!

Thanks for replies

Kelly xxx

Hey! Once you get use to the taste of the shakes you will be fine - try other flavours too to find which one you like :) Also 3 shakes a day are required for daily vitamins nutrients etc. That said when I first started CD I had the same problem but don't make it a habit of missing your 3rd shake - but defo don't have it if you know it's going to make you feel sick. I hope this helps! X

Ice ice baby!! I always blend ice with my shakes, ice is my staple! and try adding a bit more water than stated to dilute the taste.
My faves are cappuccino with a spoonful of coffee and choc mint.

Try and eat all your packs cuz if u get into the habit it may slow down your weightloss and not to mention it could be dangerous as you will be eating so few cals and not getting all your nutrition!

Don't forget your taste buds will start to change and you really will get used to the packs. So stick with it, it's so unbelievably worth it!! In a weeks time you'll wonder what the fuss was about.

Xx

I find the cappucino and choc mint shakes the nicest and have them hot. I can't do them cold! It's really important to have all 3 though, as you're not getting all your required nutrients if you don't.

Drinking the water will get easier, I promise. I really struggled to start with but find it easy now.

You tried the worst 2 shakes 1st!
LOL!
You need to have all of your shakes,
The VLCD Is literally just enough to keep you oing, so if you dont have all your shakes your body can go into starvation mode and cling to everything you put into it!
I must agree with Rider as well,
Ice makes the shakes about 10x tastier!
SO
In future make sure you have all your shakes AND 2.5 litres of water in a day,
This diet is amazing, I'm almost done with week 2 and I'm loving every day, not hungry at all and losing weight :)
Best of luck xxx

yep, you do have to have all shakes unfortunately.
I'm on week 3 nearly 4 and at first I didn't think the shakes were not too bad, but now I've had enough of the taste now and they make me feel sick once I've had one. I can't wait for my proper meal even if it is only a little chicken and veg. However I can feel my weight loss now and people have commented on my weight loss so i'm going to just persevere even though they aren't tasty.

I can't bring myself to have the porridge and have just started the bars-which are minimally tastier than the shakes. It is a good diet as it works but you've just got to persevere with the taste as it's your way to success xx

Hi - my first day on Cambridge, step 2, was today
i had been looking forward to my apple & cinnamon porridge this morning but it was awful - sweet and sloppy!!!! But I've swapped them all now for fruits of the forest shake, and sure it will be fine!!
i'm sure the reward will be worth it!!!
Stick with it :)

How is the weight loss now? I'm thinking I may have to go ss rather than step 2 ....... Must have fab to lose nearly a stone in 2 weeks!

Back