counsellors can be mean!!!!

god for you mandi
im so glad you didnt let it go , and well done for not giving up when faced with such a nasty show of mistrust,
you should be so proud that you have taken the action you have
big clap to you xxx

I am so glad that you were able to assert your needs, Mandi. Not only is it a feather in your cap, but you will have stopped it happening to anyone else.

Have a great week and take care of yourself. Good luck with your new counsellor, too.

I was just thinking, Mandi, what would we do without Minis? It's a great place to come and talk, get advice from others with experience, and just get things out of our system with like-minded people who won't judge.

Thank heavens for Minis!

Got a letter from LL today my old counsellor has resigned :clap: Probably got in first before thay got rid of her, i'm hearing so many horror stories from other members of her group.......Good riddens i say!!!!!!

xxx:clap::clap::clap:

Good news that you have a new one but sorry to hear you're poorly...also good that the LLC resigned as she was NOT the right person for the job...its the kind of job that you need to have compassion, respect & empathy with and sounds like some of that missing. Look forward to hearing how the new one is!

I don't think it sounds vindictive, the fact is it shouldn't have happened and Mandi needed support on here.
If I treated my patients in the same way I would be struck off so why should a LLC get away with breaking confidentiality?

Hi agree with you Pix

For some of us this process is a highly emotive experience and one where the support form our LLC is crucial to our success - that is what we payfor after all. To break a confidence and trust in such a public way in my opinion is unacceptable.

I do not believe any comments on here could be read as vindictive against that particular LLC, they are just honest responses to FA's concern regarding the old LLC.

It's true that we don't know 'the other side of the story' and I am conscious that I am only aware of some facts relating to this incident, and that the LLC's view has not been talked about on this thread.

However, it is still true that LLC's MUST remain professional at all times, and adhere to certain standards when dealing with their clients.

I was surprised to learn that that this LLC resigned, because any disagreements could have been resolved without recourse to resigning. I take your point though, Turtle, that you believe she resigned for different reasons - that would make more sense I think.

Your loyalty to this counsellor is commendable, Turtle, but I don't believe that anyone meant to be vindictive when they wrote to support Fuzzy.

For my part, I was very concerned for Fuzzy when I read her post, and I am so pleased that she has been able to resolve the issue and get help and support elsewhere.

I was also with the same counsellor as Mandi and put in a formal complaint about her. I know that another member also did the same and emailed all of the stuff the counsellor was getting us to do to LL. They were horrified as she was not working the Lighter Life way. After all she is a lighterlife counsellor, and gets her clients from them so should be working the way they lay out in the code of conduct. She is representing the Lighterlife company.

Back