counsellors can be mean!!!!

Fuzzys Angel

The Lovely James Hetfield
Hi There,

I recently gave up management as i feel it was doing my head in abit, my counsellor said i'd do better by having some private counselling rather than continuing with LL....(whether is be with her or someone else)...After some thought i decided i wasn't ready for that just yet, as i was not ready to open up my life to a counsellor. I'd done it before and it opened a whole can of worms without putting the lid back on!

I rang my LL counsellor and left a message on her answer machine to say i'd not be coming anymore. To be honest i was surprised at first that she didn't ring me back.....But a day later one of my old group memebers rang for a chat, she told me that my counsellor had told the group both another member of our group and myself "HAD FALLEN OFF THE WAGON & NOT COPING TOO WELL" As you can imagine i was extremely upset about this, how dare she tell people these things, i thought our sessions should be private NOT told to others???? I now realise why she didn't ring me back when i left that message, maybe she knew that i had been told, as the lady that told me has now left her group and changed to another counsellor....

Please don't think i'm judging all LL counsellors, i'm not.....I just felt i wanted to have a moan...

xxx

Last edited:
If That Was Me I Think I Would I Put In A Complaint About Her - Yeah Everything You Tell Has To Be Private And She Can Not Talk To Anyone Else About Your Problems.

I Would Lok Into It More But The Letter Would Be A Great Start!

Good Luck With What You Decide To You, Just Try Not To Let Her Get To You X

Me Too In Work,
I Work Night Shifts So I Up Every Night And Sleeps Daytime!

Well Hope You Enjoy Your Break!

Well I Am Glad You Phone Them And Following Up Writing I Can Belive That Not Really!

Well Let Me Know If You Like Nice Talking To You Maybe Catch You Soon

Hey fuzzy..
Am not at all surprised that you're upset! Thats a major breach of confidentiality, unprofessional and insensitive. Maybe its just that you need a new LL councellor!
If she's that cr@p (unsympathetic, judgemental and inconsiderate) then its no wonder you're struggling! We weill all struggle on LL because its a hard diet but I dont think giving up management is the answer but that trying a Councellor is. Do make the written comlaint & let us know how you get on. Alternatively you could speak to her & ask her why she found it necessary to behave like that - she may have been having a bad day if it was out of character? Re the "issues" that you have you will need to deal with them when you feel ready but having done this myself just wanted you to know it was hard but well worth it - just make sure you get a good councellor!!

Hi FA, how come she concluded that you were not 'coping too well' you have had a 60lb weight loss (well done on that :clap: ). As for confidentiality, you have to give your permission to discuss anything that is related directly to you. I would have been very hurt to have been described to my fellow class members as 'fallen off the wagon'....you obviously had your own reasons for not wanting to continue in management and your LLC should have understood those reasons. I hope that you continue to maintain and that life is good to you. Angela x

Fa, I would imagine your LLCs actions are against the code of conduct, as has been said..its a sure breach of client confidentiality.

You have done so well to lose so much weight, and I hope you will manage to maintain now!

Hia FA,
First, Congrats on such a great weighloss! I am sorry that M'ment is not working out. Reading between the lines, I wonder how much of this is YOUR COUNSELLORS problem, rather than YOURS? I hope you don't feel that this is a failure on your part. Keep posting on Minis and let us know how you are getting on!

Good luck!

Hi There,

I recently gave up management as i feel it was doing my head in abit, my counsellor said i'd do better by having some private counselling rather than continuing with LL....(whether is be with her or someone else)...After some thought i decided i wasn't ready for that just yet, as i was not ready to open up my life to a counsellor. I'd done it before and it opened a whole can of worms without putting the lid back on!

I rang my LL counsellor and left a message on her answer machine to say i'd not be coming anymore. To be honest i was surprised at first that she didn't ring me back.....But a day later one of my old group memebers rang for a chat, she told me that my counsellor had told the group both another member of our group and myself "HAD FALLEN OFF THE WAGON & NOT COPING TOO WELL" As you can imagine i was extremely upset about this, how dare she tell people these things, i thought our sessions should be private NOT told to others???? I now realise why she didn't ring me back when i left that message, maybe she knew that i had been told, as the lady that told me has now left her group and changed to another counsellor....

Please don't think i'm judging all LL counsellors, i'm not.....I just felt i wanted to have a moan...

xxx

Firstly, you are NOT having a moan. I would be seething.

This really is quite dreadful and totally unacceptable. In order to get the most from counselling, the people must feel 100% at ease and have complete faith that anything they say will be treated with absolute confidence.

I am positive that 99.9% of counsellors regardless of which product brand they represent are genuine and can be relied on. I am pleased you have complained and I hope that the company take action. More importantly, I hope that anybody reading this will not be put off by this unfortunate and annoying breach of trust.

Good luck

Our counsellor has always been tactful if anyone has left. The only time she released any detail was when one lady left after discussing her problems in the group so we already knew her reasons.

What yours did was out of order and I hope she gets in trouble for it!

Don't let it set you back you have done amazingly well!

Mags
xxx

Well she sounds a right miserable cow...I'd ring her and tell her ur not happy with the lies shes been telling about you.:mad:

Hi fuzzy, Please don't let this put you off - you've done brilliantly losing 60 lbs. As AJ says, it does sound like your counsellor is not ideal to say the least - I'm sure it may be completely different with another person. Don't let her unprofessionalism spoil your fantastic achievements.

I am disgusted by this post, I can't believe a person in such a trusted position could be so flipant with someones feelings. We all benefit tremendously from the support from both our groups and concellors during a a difficult and sometimes very emotional time and we put our trust in these people 100%. I think you did so right to complain. Remember, this is not your problem or fault and the only person to blame anything on is the councellor. Take care hun and keep posting so we can all offer you continued support.

((((hugs)))))

Thank You for all your kind words and support, i have decided that i will continue with LL but with another counsellor, i had a phone number for a different counsellor and rang her. I explained what had been happening in the other group and how let down i felt after a long chat she is happy for me to join her. She seems very nice, i'll be doing a refresher and going back to the packs as i feel i went into management too soon and would like to lose just over another stone so i have set myself a new target. I'm really looking to starting afresh.....

A new counsellor and a new me, can't be bad....

xxxx:)

I am glad that you have chosen to continue with the support of another counsellor. Good Luck FA, Keep us updated on your progress. Angela x

Thats great news! Let us now how you get on. Fab that you carried on & didnt let this defeat you! Did you make a complaint or challenge the other woman or did L say they would deal with it? Just intersted to know what their stance is...

Hi in search of me and all:)

Central office have been really good about this.....To be really honest i bottled out and have let them deal with it. Aby from central office rang me today just to check that i'm ok and to see if i had decided to carry on with another counsellor, she was very nice and we spoke for ages, she said that she was rather concerned when we last spoke has "i sounded very down and crushed":( . Aby told me that LL did not approve of the way i have been treated and to inform other members about our private discussions certainly wasn't apart of thier protocol and matter will be dealt with in the correct manner. she informed me that i would be getting a letter within the next couple of days outlining what they will be doing about this:rolleyes: ........

It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now this has now been sorted out at my end & LL central office has been fanstatic over the whole thing, extremely kind and very supportive.:)

It also appears that 2 other members of my old group have also put official complaints in, so it's not looking good for my old counsellor:cry: !!!.... I'm so glad that i had been informed that she had been telling others that "i had fallen off the wagon & not coping well" otherwise i would have just left and would not have put in the complaint......If she is talking about me how many more is she gobbing her mouth off to about others???????

i was suppose to start with my new counsellor tonight but unfortunately i'm not very well (have a chest and throat infection), rang her to explain, i was told to rest up not to worry and she'll see me next week, forunately i have loads of spares packs so i can continue this week as if i was in management and next week BACK ON THE PACKS.....YIPPEEEE :) To get the real target weight i should of reached in the first place.....

xxxx

Last edited:
Back