Counsellors

chrisfromengland

Right before i start this post, i really don't mean any offence to anyone on this board.

my counsellor is a nice lady, but i have to say that she knows little about the diet. she has the yellow book infront of her, and she keeps refering to it, now i'm sorry but if that was me, i would know that book inside out, and be able to talk to people without refering to the book.

And i've also been reading on this forum a lot, and so many people come on the board, and post a message, only to be told by a member that they are, not allowed for eg, bars in their 1st week,

I also informed her that you can make a chicken and veg soup up into a thick paste, and pour it over your chicken or veg as a bit of a sauce.

Now i know that i haven't made this up, i got this information of here, but it's not this information that i'm on about.

a few people on here, have said that they are on ss and there bmi is as low as 25, now i know that this is wrong.

I'm not having a go and counsellors, and i know that there are a lot of real good people out there that do this job, but i'm seeing through this forum that there are a few that are not that bothered.

At the end of the day you are dealing with someones health, and for me this is a major factor in the diet.

If it wasn't for this board, i to would have been eating the nice chocolate bars in the 2nd week, as my leader let me buy them. And only because of this forum i didn't.

To be honest i just use my leader, to get my sachets from, and i'm in and out in 5 mins, because i have little faith in what she tells me.

There are counsellors and there are counsellors.

If you are unhappy with your counsellor and feel you have had the wrong advice then you have 2 options.

You can change counsellor. If you can't find one on the website then ring 0800 16 14 12 to find another available one (not all advertise on the website)

You are entitled to contact Cambridge HQ directly and voice your concerns to them.

Glad the forum is helping and keep posting on here. :)

i agree, i'm in and out to.
shes a nice enough lady, but doesnt really know hat shes talking about!
ive had bars from day one,
she never said about limiting water flavouring,
she said to have as much salad as i want really on ss+
she told me to ss untill i got to goal (nine stone, bmi 20)
she said to aim for 1/2 a stone lighter than i wanted cause i'll put half a stone back on when i start eating normally again
just to name a few.
its a shame as there is no other councillers in my area, i have to travel 50 mins on the bus to see her.
i have recomended 5 people to her, and feel slightly wron in doing this as not all the info she gives them is right.
thinking of becoming a cdc myself, nd hope to do the job properly!!! x

thanks

i was beginning to think that it was just me.

I always feel sad when I read on here about people being unhappy with their CDC and the (sometimes inaccurate) information they receive from them.

There is nothing whatsoever to prevent anyone changing counsellors if you feel you aren't getting the service you are paying for - and you ARE the paying customer!

I would also advise anyone who feels this way to contact the Head Office number Spooky mentioned to find out if there is someone else operating in your area (as she said, not all CDCs are listed on the Cambridge Diet website) and vote with your feet - and your wallet - for a better service.

Good luck to all CD-ers, and keep posting! :)

I changed my cdc after 3weeks because of the same things hun and I know at least 3 other people that have followed on since.

It's awful when people don't get enough support or info from their counsellors.
I am really lucky. My CDC is great! I can talk to her for ages about anything I want and she always makes me feel good about myself. She is so supportive and always answers my emails or voicemails promptly.
She has inspired me to become a CDC when I get down to the right BMI and I will definitely be taking lots of tips from her :)
When choosing a CDC in the first place, I emailed all the ones in my area asking about the diet and I chose mine because she gave me the quickest, friendliest and most informative response out of the lot of them.

well after posting this thread yesterday i felt a bit awful, because i knew that there was a lot of good leaders out there.

But today has saddened me, as i've read a few threads today, about people complaining about leaders.

How on earth can a leader not weigh someone, after all it is a diet, and the major factor to people on it, is the weight loss.

Do Cambridge re-educate there leaders, are there team leaders who go out and make sure that the leaders are doing there job correctly?

Hi - although my CDC is pretty good I feel I know more about the diet than she does now. The advice from the CDC on this site has been invaluable to me and I trust what they say more than my CDC.
It would be good to have something from Cambridge Diet HQ that outlines what to expect from your Counsellor. (Or have I seen this somewhere in the info books??)
It's outragious to have not even been weighed!
I would like to add that I love this diet and this site! (that means all you CD'ers who keep me ontrack and happy)
XX

It is saddening and there are periods of time on this forum where this comes up.
I stand by what I said, and what Summerskye said at the start of this thread - you have the right to complain, after all you are the customer. To quote Sharon - vote with your wallet!

Quite a few times I felt like my CDC was only in it for the money.

I researched the diet VERY well before considering it and wish I'd researched my CDC as well :eek:

She overcharged for everything (£40/week, it was) and was in and out once she'd weighed me and got her money.
I once rang her on a bank holiday for an emergency appointment as I was going to run out of packs and was told 'I don't do weekends or bank holidays, ring me tomorrow'. :eek:

I'm sure there are plenty of lovely CDCs out there (namely the ones on here! :D) but there are some pretty shocking ones! (At least my CDC weighed me!)

x

Hi,

Someone mentioned earlier about limiting water flavouring? I am on day 11. My CDC has never said to limit the flavouring. Can someone tell me why you need to limit it?

My CDC is great though just for the record! Really sweet and nothing is too much trouble for her.

I've been really lucky with my CDC - I'm a right pain in the ass - last minute Lil - she always fits me in and nothing is too much trouble. If I want to talk, she's happy to talk. If I need to collect and run then she takes no offence. I think that one of the most important things on this diet is to find a CDC you like and trust, who will support you.

Like others have said, vote with your wallet

Good luck
xx

Hi,

Someone mentioned earlier about limiting water flavouring? I am on day 11. My CDC has never said to limit the flavouring. Can someone tell me why you need to limit it?

My CDC is great though just for the record! Really sweet and nothing is too much trouble for her.

The CD water flavourings are limited to a teaspoon (total) per day :)

I really get on with my cdc and shes so supportive, i like her more each time we meet and we always chat about our personal lives and have a giggle!

She knows the ins and outs and supports me whatver i do and is supportive even when ive had a cheat and feel crap.

Only a teaspoon a day....... oh no. I have about 2-3 teaspoons a day. I'm definitely in ketosis though and have lost 11 ponds in 11 days.

I am tempted to just carry on with the flavouring as i hate water and have been doing it since day 1.

It wont make me ill though will it??

Only a teaspoon a day....... oh no. I have about 2-3 teaspoons a day. I'm definitely in ketosis though and have lost 11 ponds in 11 days.

I am tempted to just carry on with the flavouring as i hate water and have been doing it since day 1.

It wont make me ill though will it??

The official line is 1teaspoon a day - however there didn't use to be a limit and people were fine on it. Another one of these cases where you know the official stance - and it is your choice. ( I use as much as I want personally! and it never took me out of ketosis and made me drink the water which I think is more important)

I am so lucky. My CDC weighs me every time, measures me in about 6 places and shows me inches lost. Last week she even made me get back on the scales with a shopping bag full of cans weighing the same as I have lost so far. She is caring, informative but without being heavy about it all. She always says, "I'll see less of you next week." A very special person who thinks the success stories of her clients are, in her own words, "beautiful."

Back