Count down to August

Jukie

Inspired by one of my older sisters who has lost 10 stone so far in a year with SW :eek: I decided to give it ago.

I live in Canada, but I am doing SW online, so no meetings for me, but I check in with a group of family who are also doing SW on WhatsApp, which keeps me accountable.

My sister is coming to visit me in August, and it will be the first time we have seen each other in 9 years, so I am not letting her be a skinny minnie and me be an umpa lumpa so I am going to lose the weight so we can both be skinny minnies together!;)

I started on the 8th of January following information I found online, and joined SW online on the 16th of January, and I have lost 13 1/2 lbs so far which I am absolutely chuffed about!

I have been on track since the 8th of January and not cheated once which I am so proud of myself for.

I have been planning my meals on a Friday night for the week ahead, and using that to come up with my grocery list to get at the weekend, and then spending time after that prepping all my meals, so chopping veg, making up any spice blends needed etc and placing them in bags in the fridge so I can grab them and get cracking with making dinner in the evenings when I get home.

I am not a huge dairy fan, so I have been have my 30gs of strong cheddar as my HEA, with my HEB of Ryvita and a granny smith as my evening snack after dinner, and I feel very refined :cool:

I don't eat eggs or beef, so with the eggs and the dairy breakfasts can be a struggle, but I have been switching between bacon, mushroom and tomotoes and melon, blackberries, blueberries, satsumas, grapes, apple, pineapple combinations.

Onward and Downwards to slimmer, healthier me!

Today's Meal Breakdown

Breakfast - Speed and Free
Melon
Blackberries
Blueberries
Pomegranate
0% fat free yogurt (large tablespoonful)

Snack
Grapes
Clementine
Plum

Lunch
Left over bbq Chicken - 1/2 point
potato
speed veg - cauliflower, broccoli, peas, green beans, french beans

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/stove-top-bbq-chicken

Dinner

To be decided - I have 5 different meals prepped, but OH is sick so I am not sure which if any he will go for, I might just feed him soup and have lots of leftovers for the rest of the week on one of the prepped meals.

Ugh he really has the flu, he has been in bed all day, and I can not get him to get up and have some soup....he drives me nuts when he does this......

I luckily have some free chilli left over in the fridge so I zapped that for myself as I know if I start cooking he will complain the smell is making him feel sick.

Last edited:
Thanks Charlie!

2 1/2lbs down on a * week, whoohooo!

16lbs in 3 weeks, clothes are starting to feel less snug, and I feel 'lighter' in myself.

OH has the flu....he would not get up yesterday, refused all food, soup, drugs etc so I pretty much left him there :eek: I am a firm believer in helping yourself, and if you are going to wallow I am not going to mop your brow while you do it ;).

He got up this morning and had a slice of toast and cup of tea, while I remade the bed, and Fabrized it so it smelt fresh, I tried to open the window but the -20 windchill froze it shut so I couldn't get any fresh air in, hopefully when I get home it will have warmed up a bit so I can open some windows so I can get some of the nasty germs blown out!

Plan is to get my steps in for the day as early as possible, and to leave work a little early as I did a 13 hour day yesterday. I already managed to 10 mins of workout clearing the 1/2 ft of snow off my truck!

I hope everyone else has a fabulous, healthy day and we all focus on the end goal!

Onward and Downward!

Breakfast - Speed and free

Blueberries
Blackberries
Melon
Pinapple
0% fat yogurt dollop

Snacks - Speed
Clementines

Lunch - Speed and Protein

Lean Bacon
Mushrooms
Tomatoes

Dinner - Speed and Free

Chicken Fajitas and Chips
chicken breasts sliced into strips
juice of a small lime
ground cumin
paprika
garlic
jalapeno pepper
oregano
sweetener
cayenne
onion
Peppers
Courgette
Tomato paste
Potatoes

Syns

4 1/2 - Chapman's Tiger Paw ice lolly

Last edited:
Charlie I feel amazing today, it has really put a spring in my step! thanks

Morning Campers

I got home last night and the drive was still covered in snow, OH has stripped the bed he has been sleeping due to flu, and it was rubbish bin night....so no relaxing for me! I remade the bed, shoveled the drive of snow, and did the bins, cooked dinner for me, made him some soup and just about managed a shower before I fell down on the couch......did I mention I have sciatica at the moment......yeah me:rolleyes: But on the bright side, I got 10,458 steps in and 62 work out minutes on my fit bit , and 3318 calories used according to fitbit :)

Blueberries
Blackberries
Melon
Pinapple
grapes

Snacks - Speed and free
Clementines
Banana

Lunch - Speed and Protein - recipe courtesy of www.slimmingeats.com

Left over Chicken Fajitas and Chips
chicken breasts sliced into strips
juice of a small lime
ground cumin
paprika
garlic
jalapeno pepper
oregano
sweetener
cayenne
onion
Peppers
Courgette
Tomato paste
Potatoes

Dinner - Speed and Free
Spanish Chicken & Rice - - recipe courtesy of www.slimmingeats.com

onion
garlic
green pepper
zucchini (courgette)
frozen peas
rice
chicken

HEA
Cheddar cheese 30gms

HEB
Ryvita

Syns

4 1/2 - Chapman's Tiger Paw ice lolly

I hope everyone else has a fabulous, healthy day and we all focus on the end goal!

Onward and Downward!

Last edited:
Crazy day yesterday but I stuck to plan, yeah Jukie:banana_dancer:

OH is starting to feel better so at least we can celebrate that. :bunnydance:

No great plans for the weekend, I am going to go do the groceries straight after work today, so that I can get that over and done with as snow is in the forecast again for this weekend here in Canada so I would prefer not to be schlepping around a grocery store while there is a blizzard going on!

Breakfast - Speed & Protein

Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Bacon

Snacks - Speed and free
Clementines
Plumb
Apple

Dinner- Speed and Protein - recipe courtesy of www.slimmingeats.com

Bolognese ( no pasta)

Onward and Downward!

Last edited:
I love my OH but right now I could throttle him, he has given his germs, I feel like a big pile of :sick0019:!

Blackberries
Satsumas

Snacks
Pinapple left over from breakfast bowl of fruit

lunch
0% milk
tomato soup 5 1/2 syns

Dinner
Pork Chop
steamed mangetout, french beans, cauliflower, broccoli

Onward and Downward!

Thanks Charlie, still dealing with the lurgy!

Sunday

Blackberries
Pinapple
strawberries
blueberries

Lunch - Speed and free
Homemade potato and Leek soup

Dinner - Speed, Protein and Free
Chicken Keema and Rice

Monday

Blackberries
Pinapple
strawberries
blueberries

Lunch - Speed and free
Homemade potato and Leek soup

Dinner - Speed and Protein

Homemade Chilli

Onward and Downward!

Starting to almost feel human again, well I am showered, dressed and at work............and I must look like :sick0019: 'cause all I am being asked is 'why are you here?' :rotflmao: Well because I would got stir crazy at home and everything seems to fall apart when I am not here lol!

Anyway, still being angelic :angel:as I have been on track with no slip ups, long may it last!

I lost another 3lbs on my weigh in yesterday, so I will take that and run ....19 lbs in 4 weeks, long may that also continue!

Blackberries
Pinapple
strawberries
blueberries
Melon

Lunch - Speed and free

Leftover Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry

Bang Bang Chicken - Recipe from Slimming Eats blog

Onward and Downward!

I try to measure myself on weigh in day, but for one reason or another I hadn't done it since the 22nd of January, I have lost 5 1/2 inches in those two weeks ;) lots more to go, but explains why clothes are feeling a lot more comfortable to wear.

Blackberries
Pinapple
strawberries
blueberries
Melon

Snack

Clementines and Banana

Lunch - Speed, Protein and Free - and 4 Syns

Left over Bang Bang Chicken - Recipe from Slimming Eats blog

Dinner - Speed and free

Left over Bang Bang Chicken - Recipe from Slimming Eats blog
Raspberry Sorbet 5 1/2 Syns

Onward and Downward!

Last edited:
Thanks Charlie!

Thank you for all the Support! I really appreciate it!:banana_dancer:

Snow and a bit more snow here in Canada....but hey it's February! I was at the supermarket at 7:30am this morning, I like to get there before the craziness that is Saturday shopping hits!

stocked up on lots of fruit and veg, and a few different 0% fat yogurts, we don't have the fantastic selection of yogurt available in the UK, so I am hunting high and low for different ones to try. The Quark here is also not that easy to find, and they were out of date :classic_frown:. And I hate it when I get home and realise I forgot something pretty basic, even if I have a list :classic_roll_eyes: ..today it was mushrooms

I always struggle to have lunch at the weekends as I generally have breakfast later, but I made sure dinner was super nutritious and tasty. :greenapple:

Blackberries
strawberries
blueberries
Melon

Pork Chop - grilled
Steamed Brocoli, cawliflower, mangetout, french beans & leeks
Roasted onion, garlic, yellow pepper, corgette with a dash of balsamic vinegar

Snack
Ryvita - HEB
30 g Cheese -HEA
Clementine

Onward and Downward!

Got to love Snow topped with freezing rain, (where the ground is colder then then air so rain falls and freezes on impact), it took me 10 minutes according to Fitbit to chip off the ice so I could get into my truck this morning, wonderful way to start the week :gen125: But hey I got 10 mins of activity in before 7am :classic_wink:

Sunday was a quiet day, well when I say quite I mean housework etc and then an afternoon of food prepping for the week! I like to plan my menu through until Friday, and then get everything ready to cook, so chop the veg, marinate meat, measure all spices out etc, and then have them all in bags in the fridge, so each day I just pull out the bag and cook it. Don't get me wrong it takes me a good 3 to 4 hours at the weekend to do it, but boy am I glad I do it during the week as it not only makes it so much easier it keeps me on track.

This is an area that was one of my main downfalls for my weight (well amongst the millions), my job and its hours can be normal (leave the house at 6:45, get home before 5 pm) or on any given day I am gone from the house for 13 or 14 hours and so I would come home to a hungry OH and I would be knackered so would bung in a pizza or whip up so fat laden pasta in sauce. Now I am so much less stressed as I know all the hard work is done and I just have to either put it in my Instant Pot, or turn on the oven, or turn on a pan or two.

Sunday

Breakfast - Speed and Protein and Syns

Sausages (7 Syns)
Bacon
Tomatos

Pork Chop - grilled
Steamed Brocoli, cawliflower, mangetout, french beans & leeks

Snack
Ryvita - HEB
30 g Cheese -HEA
Clementine

Syns
Jelly and Pudding - 3 Syns

Monday - Speed and Free

Breakfast
Blackberries
Blueberries
Goldenberries
Raspberries
0% Fat Yogurt

Snack - Speed
Apple

Lunch - Speed, Free and Protein

Savoury Flavoured Rice - Slimming Eats Blog Recipe

Dinner- Speed, Free and Protein

Chili Con Carne - Slimming Eats Blog Recipe

Onward and Downward!

Back