Count Down.

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by fillymum, 1 June 2011 Social URL.

1. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Only 2 weeks to go to my long awaited hospital appointment. It can not come fast enough. We are counting the days.

I can not wait to be told that whatever it is is benign ( please God ).

I cannot wait to go to bed without it being my last thought.

I can not wait to wake up in the morning without my first action being to feel where the lump is.

I can not wait most of all to be rid of the constant fear of the return of cancer and the possibility of losing my voice let alone my life.

I am not a negative person. My glass is always half full, but this long wait has really worn me down. 3 months is just to long to wait.

Sorry if this comes over as a miserable ,negative posting. I promise you I am neither. Just a concerned old biddy who can not wait for normal service to resume.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Roziee

Roziee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(23.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Will keep you in my prayers. You will be fine. I know it :) x

4. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Sure you will be fine. Would they keep you waiting 3 months if they thought it wouldn't be?

5. Mrs.S.

Mrs.S. Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fillymum I'm sure you're in everybody's thoughts and prayers.

I'm positive that it will be something and nothing and have everything crossed for you.

Am sure the relief when the wait is over will be immense, and hat's off to you for being so patient in such a time of worry.

Big hugs xxxxx

6. woodmouse

woodmouse Gold Member

Diet:
    various then S&S/Paleo now 5:2 with 16.8
    You're always so positive and helpful to others on these boards - be sure we're holding you in our thoughts for a happy outcome.

7. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I think you have coped remarkably well given the circumstances and the unreasonable waiting times. I have kept up to date with this, whilst not posting (mainly because I was very new when you first posted and couldn't really add anything to the millions of people telling you to go and get it looked at straight away!)

So - I hope you get the news you want, that it is nothing serious, and that it is fixed as quickly as possible.

And even if your post does come over as a bit negative (it doesn't btw) so what? No one here is every going to have a go at you for that x

8. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks mumtheshopper, (HUGS) xx

Unfortunately yes, they would and they have.

My appointment was requested as being urgent. The state of play at our hospital is such that 3 months for an urgent appointment is normal.

I know of people who have normal appointments for non-life threatening conditions who have waited nearly a year.

9. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You have done unbelievably well in dealing with the pressure. You are in my prayers, candles are lit and I'm all crossed that it's all good.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.