count fat or calories

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by autumnbabe, 19 November 2010 Social URL.

1. autumnbabe

autumnbabe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have noticed that some people count calories other count fat. why is this.im counting fat but is it more effective counting calories or is it down to personal preferance.?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    When I first started Xenical, I counted fat grammes, it really helped me get my head around taking the tablets, and made me so more aware of food labels and what is actually in the food I eat.
    I count calories now as I'm closer to my goal weight, so I'm more aware of portion control now, and also the majority of the food I eat is 5%fat or less,( I still double check all the food labels though lol)
    For someone just starting on the tablets I would recommend just concentrating on counting fat, and dont count calories AND fat grammes as I feel that just over complicates it all.
    x

4. autumnbabe

autumnbabe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thankyou alibalibee. i think counting the grammes of fat is pretty simple to understand so like you say until i get nearer my target ill carry on doing this......can i just say how fabulous you look you have done so well. you should be really proud of yourself. thanks again

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.