Countdown to a fabulous confident ME !!!

fruit detox

well after consuming a hefty 3500 cals yesturday, have decided to do a 3 day mini detox - will eat mostly fruit, salad and veg and limited carbs - try and stick to 1100 cals or under. have decided to join sw on thurs as clearly not getting on with the calorie counting. i have kids party booked which finishes @ 6oc and sw class is at 6.30 so will be cutting it fine but id rather not leave it another week .. might also lose few pounds before 1st day back at work after mat leave on friday, wont make much difference to my weight but if i feel less bloated around tummy area wont feel so bad :)

bfast - large banana and apple - 150
yogurt - 100 cals
lunch- large banana, 2 nectarines and melon - 300
dinner - ham sandwhich 250 cals
snacks: turkey slices & few of babies organix carrot stick crisps - 100 cals
blueberries and melon - 100 cals
milk in tea - 100 cals

hmmm didnt quite go to plan, i should also be adding a calorie laden curry and 2 pieces millionaires to the list, but wont be that cruel to myself .. yet another line drawn under my failings - have loads of fruit in so will start sw myself tomorrow and join class thurs .. no more messing!

Last edited:
Glad you're ok after the car incident.

SW is brilliant cos you never run out of food. When you're calorie counting you have to stop once you reach your limit but with SW there is always something you can eat if you're hungry :)

Good luck going back to work. After 5 minutes it'll feel like you've never been away.

Oh my goodness, that must've been so scary. Well done to your hubby for getting you all out of danger. I'd have needed a stiff drink after that (or three!!!)

I agree with Tilly re SW. It really is the best plan ever. Would you not just start it on your own with minimins and our help or are you definitely wanting to do the detox?

Glad you and your daughter enjoyed your girlie time together. What a lovely way to celebrate your nan's birthday. She was definitely looking out for you.

Hugs x

ok, started off well on the mini fruit detox .. then hubby came in with two curries and then my daughter made some millionnaires shortcake, so you guessed it .. detox went out the window!
so have drawn yet ANOTHER line under my failings and have decided to start slimming world weds (have old plan) and join a group thurs, i just need to do it now .. im wasting time and putting far too much pressure on myself trying calorie counting and detoxing for goodness sakes, lol . just wandered what the extra easy was like, is it really possible to lose on this - sounds too good to be true!
tooty frooty, thank you for your kind words, yes thats exactly what i thought .. my nan was there for us when it counted! how was your first day back? im dreading friday although im sure will be fine and at least not back 'officially' until 8th aug so have at least another 10 days to get bit of meat off - really need to do it, my uniform top is rather a tight squeeze (asked for an 18 lol) although im consolling myself that they do to come up a little too small ;)

Morning D'lashes xx

Ooh you HAVE to try extra easy! It is SOOO easy to follow! I was really scared about doing it as I couldn't see how it could possibly work, and I KNEW red and green days worked, but OMG ee is FAB! Nearly 4.5 stones lost in 7 months must prove it works lol!

A couple of things I would say to do before you properly start though is

1) have a chat with hubby and daughter and tell them how much and why you want to lose weight, and let them know you will be relying on them for support and motivation. I would explain the basics of the diet to them, then hopefully there shouldn't be too much unwitting sabotage going on! Maybe your daughter would like to be put in charge of making some sw cakes and puddings? And you can still have your takeaway curries too...it might be nice to set one evening a week aside for 'takeaway' night, then you can plan for it and not have to worry xx

2) As soon as you've joined, I would make sure you make a BIG shopping list and buy all the staple sw foods like mullerlight yoghurts, low fat cheese, Alpen lites, quark, pasta, fruit and veg...
Then there'll be no stopping you lol! Xx

Good on you for deciding to take the plunge!

I had been a WW devotee, and when the new propoints plan was introduced just before last christmas, I could not get my head around it, tried again for a couple of weeks after christmas, and was getting absolutely nowhere, and not eating hardly anything.
I joined SW on the spur of the moment, as I was driving past the meeting place. When I came home, and told the family, there was a great amount of "oh here we go again!, no decent food for us, etc."
But shocked they were, when in their own words, they were having better food than they had before, and that in a matter of weeks, I looked and felt a whole lot better than I had for ages:eek:

skinnydawn and ginlin, thank you for your encouragement.

glad to hear EE works, it seems perfect for my lifestyle!

great tip about running through the plan with my daughter and husband - not just to discourage them from offering me the 'wrong' foods but to disourage the 'are you sure you're allowed to eat that' comments as they stare in disbelief at my plate of bacon and eggs.

havent had the best couple days, and on the eve of me doing my first shift after my maternity i feel so down .. i feel such a failure, im actually going back to work heavier than i left when pregnant just over a year ago. i just dont know what happened, i have had every intention of losing my post baby weight and embarked on diets including sw so many times, but its just not worked out for me.

i bought size 20 trousers for work yesurday as have been wearing size 18 jeans, thought theyd be fine but tight as anything and i just burst into tears when i saw myself in the mirror in my uniform, top is also tight and looks as if i have to cushions stuck down the front

ive spent small fortune re-training in beauty therapy and just feel that people will be laughing at me, thinking i should look after myself before trying to start a career in beauty - feel so depressed by it all

finished kids pamper party at 6 and just couldnt bring myself to join sw tonight, was tired, had to get stuff ready for work and besides was covered in glitter, lol

it wasnt a cop out, i genuinely wanted to join but as i started to make my way straight from the party i just kept thinking of myself in my uniform and got all upset and just turned back - stupid i know as now have another week to get through before i can join

so im going to make tomorrow - 29th aug the first day of the new me, as hard as it is im going to go into work with my head held high, and if they snigger at my bulging uniform then so be it - i will TRY my hardest to follow the plan from home for a week and hopefully trouserd will feel a little looser by 8th aug when i officially go back to work - i will have 10 days to lose a little excess weight

so wish me luck, think im going to need it !!!

Hey D'lashes,

Now you get those ideas of feeling a failure right out of your head :nono: We all put things off hun...you're not alone :grouphugg: You only have to look around this site to find people who have 2, 3, 5 even 10 stones or more to lose. That doesn't happen over night. We're ALL guilty of putting off the time when we actually do something about our weight, and we've all got our reasons/excuses for it. The important thing is that you've made the decision to tackle it now.

Are you worried about going to class on your own? Only if you are, I can tell you that you really don't need to be. You could actually phone your consultant and have a chat with her, explain how insecure & depressed you're feeling. And if you don't want to go alone, how about taking your daughter with you? I bet she'd love it...and she can have the very important job of being your slimming buddy. But you'll soon make lots of friends there anyway.

As far as works concerned...you may well be worrying about nothing. Give them a chance, be your usual super self, and stand tall. So what if you've put a bit of weight on? You're the same lovely lady that left to have a baby a year ago. Keep that head up hunni xxx :hug99:

Take care and sock it to em!!! xxx

Awhh, I want to hug you!

:grouphugg:
And, I am sure everyone else on here does!
It is very difficult to join a meeting, and I know so, but just go, and find some nice looking ladies and sit by them, like I did, and they will welcome you in, because we are all there for the same reason x

thanks

thank you both, really kind of you to reply and skinnydawn - i guess i am the same person who left a year ago (bit more down on myself) but i guess after the initial 'hasnt she put on weight' whispering fest (as they tend to do at my place!) i suppose things will settle down.
im not worried about joining sw - i know the leader, she's my friends mum - and my friend lost 5 stone and kept it off after pregnancy few years ago so i know it works, im afraid of failing again .. because every time i join sw or embark on a diet (even on here with the calorie counting and fruit detox) i fail .. i have every intention of sticking to it, but my willpower gives in and i end up pigging out - i guess im just too greedy, although i know a lot of it is psychological.
i comfort eat, i eat out of boredom, i eat because i actually love food .. but then i so so want to lose the weight too, not just for vanity reasons but health reasons too - i work (or will be working from 8th aug) as a health care assistant so you can imagine what a strain that is on your back, also get back ache doing the kids parties whilst build up the beauty business (so that i can eventually leave care and have a better work/life balance) i have suffered from several bouts of sciatica in the last year, and im sure my weight doesnt help!
anyway, here i am again another target not met .. returning to work heavier than i left - i need to grab the bull by the horns now and really do this, not just for me but my family .. i was an absolute b*tch to my husband yesturday - took everything out on him, didnt even give a thought to how he might be feeling after losing his dad - what a cow!
my baby is 1 next week, and im afraid if i dont get to grips with my weight problem - i'll be the 'fat mum' dropping him off to nursery .. i used to try and make myself invisible dropping my daughter of to school in yrs 5 and 6 and i was 3 stones lighter! i think perhaps i may have a warped perception how people look at overweight people, as i would never judge anyone by their weight - but its just how i feel inside, my confidence is on the floor .. which is no good if im planning to embark on a career making others look and feel good about themselves! i think i may well have a lot of work to do in my head as well as sticking to sw!

Last edited:
can i ask do you get notified when someone replies to your message? i have had quick look at the tutorial but some of its lost on me, not very good on computers!
also how do you subscribe? are you able to create a 'friends' list like on FB?

ok so i have woken up on my trial 'back to work' shift after 13 months off ..

i feel fat, achy, i have pains in my back and shoulder, im beyond disapointed and i feel really, really unhappy .. in fact my daughter said to me yesterday 'i hate it when you're not happy' .. what more of an incentive is that to lose this weight - once and for all!!!

so here goes my 'at home' sw food diary, until i join class next week :

red day:

bfast: 2 boiled eggs, 1 slice brown bread/spread (B&1 syn)
2 cups of tea - 1 sugar (1 syn?)
midmorning: few grapes, small nectarine
lunch: ham sandwich (B&2 syns for spread) pkt french fries (4?)
dinner: small chicken kebab - hubby ordered it for me bless him - will need to check syns but think have done really well today :)
extras : 1 boiled sweet, 1/4 box tic tacs - 3 syns?

total:

Last edited:
Hey D'lashes,

Just want to wish you lots of luck for today xx
I'm on my mobile as I'm at work till 5, and its not so easy to write on tbh as I can't see the links etc. If no one else has got back to you by tonite, I'll chat to you about friends etc. And you can tell me all about how good your day was, and about how nice everyone was to you xx

Lots of luv xx

Please don't be so hard on yourself?:cry:
Maybe take one day at a time. Write everything down that you are eating and think about free food and syns to snack on:as treats.(my treat is a small bag of maltesers!) Keep a mood diary if possible and it will highlight your low moods/lack of self esteem.Focus away from yourself and try and divert your negative thoughts:)

Just an idea to help, chin up:)

thank you both, really kind of you to reply and skinnydawn - i guess i am the same person who left a year ago (bit more down on myself) but i guess after the initial 'hasnt she put on weight' whispering fest (as they tend to do at my place!) i suppose things will settle down.
im not worried about joining sw - i know the leader, she's my friends mum - and my friend lost 5 stone and kept it off after pregnancy few years ago so i know it works, im afraid of failing again .. because every time i join sw or embark on a diet (even on here with the calorie counting and fruit detox) i fail .. i have every intention of sticking to it, but my willpower gives in and i end up pigging out - i guess im just too greedy, although i know a lot of it is psychological.
i comfort eat, i eat out of boredom, i eat because i actually love food .. but then i so so want to lose the weight too, not just for vanity reasons but health reasons too - i work (or will be working from 8th aug) as a health care assistant so you can imagine what a strain that is on your back, also get back ache doing the kids parties whilst build up the beauty business (so that i can eventually leave care and have a better work/life balance) i have suffered from several bouts of sciatica in the last year, and im sure my weight doesnt help!
anyway, here i am again another target not met .. returning to work heavier than i left - i need to grab the bull by the horns now and really do this, not just for me but my family .. i was an absolute b*tch to my husband yesturday - took everything out on him, didnt even give a thought to how he might be feeling after losing his dad - what a cow!
my baby is 1 next week, and im afraid if i dont get to grips with my weight problem - i'll be the 'fat mum' dropping him off to nursery .. i used to try and make myself invisible dropping my daughter of to school in yrs 5 and 6 and i was 3 stones lighter! i think perhaps i may have a warped perception how people look at overweight people, as i would never judge anyone by their weight - but its just how i feel inside, my confidence is on the floor .. which is no good if im planning to embark on a career making others look and feel good about themselves! i think i may well have a lot of work to do in my head as well as sticking to sw!

Oh huni, I could've written this myself. I was reading your post and nodding my head, thinking, yip...that's how I feel. I too am scared of failing yet again. I NEED to lose this weight once and for all, as I too don't want to be embarrassed dropping my boys off to nursery/school when they're older and I don't want them to be embarrassed by me.

Let's make a pact that we'll support each other along our journey's. As you said on my own diary, we have so much in common, and we can totally do this if we give it our best shot.

I'm sorry I didn't come on earlier to wish you good luck for your trial day at work. Had a bad night with the baby and hubby let me have a longer lie in and he got up with him this morning. I hope it's all going fine and your colleagues were nothing but supportive of you going back. Some of my colleagues are horrid, and won't understand what it's like going back after so long, never mind being this weight so I know exactly how you feel.

Hope it's going okay. Speak soon xx

Good luck for today xxxx

BTW I'm not very good on the technicalites to do with the site, but I am sure someone will help x

omg .. you're all virtual 'angels' .. your encouragement and best wishes mean so much, they really do .. :D

really wasnt expecting any replies, its just nice to put my thoughts down and if anyone decides to respond thats great, im afraid my diary isnt as interesting or witty as other that ive read .. bore myself even when i read through my posts lol

got lots of hurdles to get over, and this is just another .. dont know why im working myself up so much, only doing a random shift today and then starting back officially 8th aug (have i mentioned this before lol - makes it sound a long way off when i post my start date in aug, lol)

tooty frooty, we'll have to put our heads together and come up with a joint mini goal or target .. btw harry has started to wake in the night, been sleeping through for months - know just how tiring it can be, i tend to get up to him as hubby is a postie and gets up early, plus he doesnt have the patience of a saint like i do ;)

thanks again for your replies, sorry dont post much on your diaries - still finding my way around the site, need to work out how to subscribe to diaries and if i can get alerts etc .. will get round to it when have spare minute or two

doing 2-9 shift so will report back sometime tonight xx

btw.. if any of you do shifts, would appreciate advise how you manage your food - we literally get 20 mins at some ridiculous time like 4 oc .. bloody starving between then and 9 oc !!!

feel awful that I didn't get a chance to read your diary now but I'm joining in sending you bear hugs. (((hugs))) everyone has said what I would have said. You can do this... now come on we are all here for you, the power of positive thinking ;) Did you buy that book ? 'Feel the fear and do it anyway' ? If not please do. Its fab :D not just saying that it made a huge difference to me it really did and I am about to reread it while on my hols.

I am hoping we hve internet access while away so that I can check on you.

Good luck today, its all going to be fine, you will lose this weight and you will succeed. In the mean time be happy :) don't hide away until the fat melts away. live life and enjoy it:) WE will all do all we can to help you xxxx

can i ask do you get notified when someone replies to your message? i have had quick look at the tutorial but some of its lost on me, not very good on computers!
also how do you subscribe? are you able to create a 'friends' list like on FB?

Hi D'lashes,

I'm not too good at computers either I'm afraid, but I'll have a go at telling you a bit about subscribing to threads.

It's pretty simple actually. At the top of all the pages is a link called 'Thread Tools'
If you find a page you want to subscribe to, just click on the thread tools button, and then 'subscribe to thread'.
You'll be offered some options as to whether you want to be notified by email or not.
There are a number of different forum subscription modes available...

No Email Notification - lists the subscription in your User CP only. You do not receive any notifications about new posts or threads in the forum.

Daily Email Notification - sends one email a day with the new and updated threads in the forum and any sub-forums. If there are no new or updated threads in the forum or its sub-forums then you will not receive an email.

Weekly Email Notification - sends one email per week in the same way as the Daily Email Notification.
Thread Subscriptions have the same options as forum subscriptions with the following additional option:

Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.

I don't have email notifications as I like to chat loads and my emails would be stacking up :cool: So I just keep checking in on the 'user cp' button at the top left of the page. If you go on that, you can see all the threads you have subscribed to, and if anyone has recently written on one it will be displayed in bold text.

Btw, if you post on a thread, you should automatically be subscribed to it :)

You can also see which of your friends are on line by clicking on the 'quick links' button, and then 'open contacts popup'.

I hope some of this makes sense hon!!! :confused:

Hope the girls have been nice to you, and that work was ok in the end xxx

Back