Countdown to a fabulous confident ME !!!

thanks tooty frooty, tbh .. was hard uploading those pics to a public forum, but quite liberating also .. this is me, warts and all .. i am shocked at how i look, there's no more hiding now and kidding myself i just look a little plump, im clearly very overweight .. going to print a couple off to stick on my fridge too!

i have worked out it should take me approx 18 mths to reach goal and thats around time harry starts pre-school , and i hope by then to have a big enough client base to leave the care sector altogether and work for myself doing the lashes and nails .. so not wishing my life away, but roll on spring 2013, lol !!

and as my signature suggests .. i have to try and enjoy myself along the way!

Last edited:
Hi there hunni!!!,

Hope you got on ok tonight xx. I had a bad night...gained 1.2lb for absolutely no reason I can think of :confused: but not to worry...not far to go now and I WILL get there!!!

You have a beautiful family, and your daughter is sooo like you!! Little Harry is a real poppet too!

And you young lady have a very unjustified low opinion of yourself. It's obvious your children adore you, and hubby too, and you need to realise there's so much more to you than how you think you appear to others!!! So there lol!!!

Ok, pep talk over!!! I'll be back to see how you got on tonight xx

aww thank you both for your compliments about my lil family and your encouraging words .. low self esteem is just so awful, struggle every day - my excess weight has a lot to answer to :(

sorry you put on skinnydawn, strange that there was no explanation - i think thats when its the most annoying, you'll probably have a big loss next week

been a poop day for one reason and another, but wasnt going to let that stop me joining sw .. so went with my daughter and she ended up joining the 'free 2 go' plan for teens .. not a weight loss programme but hints/tips on healthy eating, as im sure ive taught her plenty of bad habbits - so got some extra incouragement in the form of my daughter, lol .. she's already stopped me eating a packet of quavers by asking me 'do you want it, or do you need it?' lol

anyway back to me .. really wasnt sure how much i weighed, had braced myself for scales registering 16+ stones, but they stopped just short @ 15st13.5 :0. cant say i was suprised, not happy but at least just under 16 and have set next weeks goal at 3 lbs .. now just need to work out how those ticker factory things work, lol!

feel quite good about sw this time, really happy they're moving class nearer to me and should be fun trying out some of the recipes with fleur and getting her involved (with taking the pics) also i have promised us a girly treat each time i lose a stone - havent worked out what yet, lol

Last edited:
Well done for going to class and at least now you know what number you started at and you'll never see that number again. :)

I think it's a great idea for your daughter to go with you (love her name btw!) and good on her for making you think about eating those quavers. Sounds like she's going to be a good influence on you.

The ticker thing is really easy. If you need a help doing it just give me a shout and I'll try and help.

Off to update my diary now. Been good today but feel like munching now!

tooty frooty
read your diary last night, its awful when you're hungry bed time, hope you coped ok in the end .. im a bit of a late night snacker, my husband says as soon as he goes to bed he hears the kettle going on, fridge door opening, and loads of rustling lol .. well no more, need to give those destructive habbits up!

bit nervous this morning, doing a kids pamper party at 3 oc - have done loads in the past, but have always been for friends kids or friends of friends .. this will be my first party for a complete stranger, well not quite - my husband said he knew the girls dad from his local and casually mentioned 'they're a really loud family' erm .. thanks for putting me at ease simon! they're all going out for a meal afterwards so some of the parents will be there whilst im doing the nails etc .. making me feel super self conscious i suppose - need to crack on with that 'feel the fear' book i think! will report back on that one later

just wondered do you all pre-plan your meals in advance - like a menu, i have never done this, obviously i buy ingredients knowing im going to be making a bolognese or shepherds pie at a certain point in the week .. just wondered if i would do better knowing i had set meals, could swap the days about i guess

also, i was told i can have between 5-15 syns a day - what do you all tend to do? and what do you spend your syns on? i dont want to add weekly total together as i know some do, as like the option of flexi syns if having a bad day .. and dont want to confuse things by adding my syns together then having load more on top of i go flexi! i might go for 10 or under and if need few extra stretch to 15 at least will havea little 'buffer' lol - hope that makes sense - i tend to confuse myself!

today is friday - need to get out of the habbit of 'goodies night' which could mean anything from chocolates, crisps or popcorn - and usually all of them eeeep! .. i blame that old 'thank crunchie its friday' advert - except it usually starts friday and lasts all weekend, lol. i usually do my shop on a friday - so thinking perhaps this could be the day fleur and i try out a new sw low syn recipe - thats if she's not at a sleepover, i have lost my daughter to the sleepover, lol!

Last edited:
EE

b/fast: 1 fried egg on brown toast (2 syns oil + spread)
midmorning: few chunks melon
lunch:small banana. 2 necatarines & muller light
midafternoon:slither of bday cake (to be polite!) 5 syns?
dinner:chicken salad, few blueberries
extras: pimms and lemonade ?
skim milk for tea

total - around 15 syns ?

Last edited:
I've just spent ages typing out a post and the computer crashed and lost it so I'll try again :mad:

I plan my meals for the week ahead and have a rough idea of what day I'm going to have them on. If I don't feel like something when the day arrives I'll swap it with a different days menus.

I think I'd panic if I didn't plan :)

I use syns on my meals or curly wurlys (6 syns) or velvet crunch (4 syns). I don't seem to have a problem usuing my syns and seem to use between 10 and 15 a day. I try to aim for 10 but often go above :D

Hi there,

I normally just plan a day at a time. And atm I'm trying to keep between 5 and 10 syns a day. I usually use them on salad cream, ketchup, wine, gin or velvet crunch crisps.

I enjoyed reading about your daughter acting as official 'syn bodyguard' lol! What a good girl she is! :D

thanks tillymax and dawn, think i'll try and plan roughly what im going to eat and swap if dont fancy it. also think deffo need more sins fri-sun (and i have gone over slightly) and try and have 5-10 syns mon-thurs.

dont feel so great today .. dont know if its because its the eve of my officially returning to work, of course didnt get half the things id planned to do around the house and thats getting me down. also time of the month and feel really bloated - plus just feel everything is now a waiting game (and im not known for my patience! lol) waiting to lose weight, waiting to finish training and get business off the ground, waiting to move (hopefully next spring!) and waiting for our holiday .. have used all my annual leave up (they wanted me to add to back of my maternity leave) and holiday in june now seems an eternity away

my normal way of coping with above would be to fill my face with junk to make myself feel better - so far ive resisted, but need to put some sort of coping strategies into place

on a positive note the kids party went well and the woman said she was going to recommend me to all her friends and even gave me a tip :)

i need to keep myself motivated so going to start by adding my weightloss and holiday tickers to my diary, and perhaps type up my business plan and set some goals for the following months ahead

sorry dawn, i did say id not feel sorry for myself, lol .. i guess im just feeling anxious about leaving little one to go back to work :( roll on thurs and fri .. my next days off!!

breakfast: 2 weetabix (1b) skim milk
a nectarine
midmorning: shape yogurt
lunch: pasta and syn free sauce, few chunks melon
dinner:1 fried egg , toast (8 syns)

Photos

Just wanted to say that I've had a wee look at your photos...yes you are carrying extra weight...aren't we all otherwise we wouldn't be here...but that extra poundage certainly doesn't hide or detract from the fact that you are very, very pretty with lovely skin, colouring, features & hair:) Your children are beautiful and have inherited your loveliness:)

thanks tillymax and dawn, think i'll try and plan roughly what im going to eat and swap if dont fancy it. also think deffo need more sins fri-sun (and i have gone over slightly) and try and have 5-10 syns mon-thurs.

dont feel so great today .. dont know if its because its the eve of my officially returning to work, of course didnt get half the things id planned to do around the house and thats getting me down. also time of the month and feel really bloated - plus just feel everything is now a waiting game (and im not known for my patience! lol) waiting to lose weight, waiting to finish training and get business off the ground, waiting to move (hopefully next spring!) and waiting for our holiday .. have used all my annual leave up (they wanted me to add to back of my maternity leave) and holiday in june now seems an eternity away

my normal way of coping with above would be to fill my face with junk to make myself feel better - so far ive resisted, but need to put some sort of coping strategies into place

on a positive note the kids party went well and the woman said she was going to recommend me to all her friends and even gave me a tip :)

i need to keep myself motivated so going to start by adding my weightloss and holiday tickers to my diary, and perhaps type up my business plan and set some goals for the following months ahead

sorry dawn, i did say id not feel sorry for myself, lol .. i guess im just feeling anxious about leaving little one to go back to work :( roll on thurs and fri .. my next days off!!

Hey hun,

I don't think you're feeling sorry for yourself! You're just putting down what's going on inside your head...and this is the perfect place to do it :) And just because things haven't gone too well for me for a while, it doesn't mean I have the monopoly on feeling a bit down!!!

It helps to write things down.
It helps to get things off your chest.
It helps to 'talk' to others who listen without judging and offer well meaning support and advice.

Believe me, the 'waiting' time will fly by! I look back now and really wonder where it goes! I cant believe that 7 months ago I was joining SW again, weighing the heaviest I've EVER weighed...and now I'm thinking about getting to target! You make the most of it hunni xxx

Well done with your kiddies party! That mum must have been really pleased with what you did. I envy you setting up your own business, being your own boss...:jelous: I'd quite like to be a sw consultant ... I might look into it when the time is right xx

Enjoy the rest of your weekend hunni, and good luck for tomorrow xx

aww thank you eternily optimistic .. are you free to hitch a lift on my shoulder and whisper those very kind words to me in my ear on an hourly basis, lol

my husband is always telling me he thinks im pretty and is not worried about my weight - he obviously sees something i dont.

im goin to upload a wedding pic from 2005 around the time the weight started to creep on.
im around 12 stone in it, thats almost 4 stone less than i am now and i thought i looked overweight then! i worked out if i lose an average of 5lbs a month i will reasch 12 stone within a year or so - so at least i'll have one a photo on here to apire to! in fact im going to make it my main goal - to get to 12 stones, then lose another 2 . my sw consultant said she lost 4 stones in 7 months.. so its perfectly doeable - im just taking the scenic route and giving myself a year, if i lose any more will be a bonus :)

skinnydawn, yes i too find writing things down really helps .. didnt get round to it yesturday - but writing on here really helps to offloads the thoughts and feelings swirling around my head. i think i'll start a paper journal as well - mostly for my business goals, dont want to bore everyone with them on here.

funny i thought about joining the ambulance service couple years ago, really looked into it .. but just wouldnt have worked around fleur with the training, shifts patterns etc .. as much as i dislike my job, at least its flexible and i can have my set days etc - looking at it as a big means to an end at the moment!

my goal is to be reduce shifts within a year and be totally out of care within 2 years doing beauty - harry will be a playschool by then so will be perfect, so im basically doing the ground work now for my eventual career and weightloss too!

must be really rewarding being a sw leader, i think you should deffinately go for it youve lost lots of weight in a relatively short time, and are so encouraging to others .. you'd be perfect! would love to come to your sw class! :)

and yes i know the time will fly, cant believe this time last year was flying up and down motorway to visit harry in special care and now the little monkey is bashing the hell out of my keyboard as im trying to type .. i guess the key is to try and enjoy the journey, i need to take notice of my own signature !

Last edited:
Hey sweetie, you can do this, we are all here for you :)

Your signature is lovely. It bought a tear to my eye as my Dad loved John Lennon. I still remember my Dad crying when John Lennon died :cry:

Hope going back to work isn't too bad, hold that head high sweetie.

You are beautiful, you just need to see it :)

xxxxx

thanks jackieN ..

sorry about your dad :( im blessed to still have both`` my parents, although they live in france and i dont get to see them much .. really must make more effort!

I dont know where I first saw that quote but its so me .. putting everything on hold until i meet my various goals, when i glance at it - it reminds me have to do some 'living' and appreciate what i already have :)

books working a treat, might take it to work with me today ;)

thanks tillymax .. i have to be grateful i have a job i guess in the current climate!

control now there's a word .. its when i feel out of control with all the things going on around me that my eating goes to pot .. need to be kind to myself and realise rome wasnt built in a day

so here goes for today:

bfast: 2 weetabix (1xb) skim milk
1 nectatine
lunch: ham egg& low f babybel salad little coleslaw (3 syns?) 1 necatarine
dinner: homemade meatballs, sauce and pasta

Last edited:
Evening D'lashes,

You're sounding like you're in a much better place now...much more positive :happy096: I think that maybe you need a couple of good losses behind you to really get you into SW. You can certainly lose 4st in a year, no problem! Stick with it, and I know you will be just fine. It seems like an age away, but the time will soon pass. And a good tip is to take your measurements now, so even if you have a bad spell where you don't lose, you can see how many inches you've lost. I wrote mine down the day after I started SW, and several times through the last 7 months, and there's quite a difference. I'm going to see if I can get them on my sig.

Thanks for the nice comments about my thoughts on becoming a c :) At the moment it's just something I'm thinking about, but I do quite fancy it.

Take care, you know where we are xxx

havent posted for a few days .. been quite a stressy week one way and another, havent yet established a routine with going back to work, looking after baby, housework, and running pt time beauty business .. its chaos!!!

my husband is not as supportive as i thought he might be and i didnt realise quite how much i relied on fleur for help with the baby (she's at guide camp for a week)

harry has also become very clingy since me going back to work, which means ive not been able to get very much done on my day off - hopefully he'll be a little better today have a lot to do as back at work sat and have a princess party for 8 on sunday

also got the news that we have been unsuccessfull with our application for a shared ownership house we applied for as we are not first time buyers (own our flat) so we come way down the list. we're currently all cramped into a 2 bed flat which it looks like we are going to have to let out to enable us to rent a bigger property .. grrr

foodwise, i was brilliant up until tues .. then started to run out of 'the right' food, mother in law came over with a load of cakes and was put out that i wouldnt eat any so of course i went on to eat 2 and havent stopped eating since

despite my blip i had every intention of making weigh in on thurday however - didnt go in the end as heavens opened and harry has bad cold, although i do feel as if ive lost a little - work top a little looser

will get back on the waggon today and try and write in diary daily so can keep focused .. not a great week but line well and truly drawn under it - just need to work on getting some sort of a routine going xx

Last edited:
Back