Countdown to a fabulous confident ME !!!

just checking in .. will reply in detail tomorrow, im so so tired and my husband has been filling me in about his step dads funeral today :(

just wanted to say you were all right .. it wasnt half as bad as i thought it would be, yes did get few suprised looks at my weight gain but to be honest we were so busy i think people had other things to worry about than my weight, lol .. so dont stress tooty frooty, id say it took me about an hour to fit back in and feel comfortable being there (obviously lots of changes, residents and staff to get used to) but glad i did it .. got my first day out of the way - yay !!!

going to bed now - im dead on my feet, skinnydawn i really appreciate you taking the time to explain how to navigate the site, will have good look around the site tomorrow XX

Last edited:
Excellent!!! *collective sigh of relief from all D'lashes friends* :faint2:

Really pleased all went well for you today. Now you've got the first day licked I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!!!

Have a bit of down time now and then a good nights sleep :zz: and we'll catch up with you tomorrow xx

jackieN - yes i have ordered that book, which reminds me should have received it by now! .. will have to chase it up! lol

thankyou for your kind words, everyone is on here is so nice and full of helpful advise - no i dont plan to hide away anymore, i did that far too often for far too long when i was just 3 stones overweight and missed out on so much .. im actually putting myself out there a lot more, not saying that i like it or that i dont feel self conscious etc .. just dont want my kids to miss out anymore and as my signature and new mantra says - " life is what happens to you when you're busy making plans! "

today is a prime example, have organised a big get together for harrys 1st birthday - its not until 3rd aug but lots of family would be working on weds so we're going to colchester zoo today instead (15 of us!) and having a picnic etc .. again, cant say as im looking forward to family members havent seen in a while silently clocking the weight gain :eek:, but lifes too short to worry about it and i wanted to do something special for his birthday - have already stocked up on loads of lovely free and low syn food, and ordered 1 less birthday cupcake, lol

have been reading through few peoples food diaries and noticed many add their syns together to come up with a weekly total - i might just try this as my weigh in is on a thurs, so would be good to allow myself extra for a fri,sat, and sun and just reduce a little from mon-thurs - so if i do end up going over today, its not the end of the world

tooty frooty, thanks again for your message .. have gone over my syns slightly but have decided to do the above, so not too bad at all - we shall see what today brings, lol ;) how about you how are you doing? hope next week is a good one for us all - i think its supposed to be really nice weather, so hopefully we'll all be inclined to eat more salads, fruit and less stodge! lol

late entry to food diary for sat

bfast: 2 boiled eggs, few slices ham
2 cups tea skim milk
midmorning: handful grapes
lunch: ham sandwich (1 b/2 syns for spread) pkt crisps (7 syns?)
dinner: med portion spaghetti bolognese, fat well drained - 1/4 jar dolmio ? large banana
2 cups tea skim milk
extras: 1 pkt lucky stars, 1 bourbon biscuit ?

will have to check syns later, possibly gone over but food intake has been much less than usual - plus doing weekly syns, so not doing bad so far :)

monday

thanks ginlin, was really lovely and nice weather helped .. although thought i was going to die at some points pushing the buggy up hill in the heat :eek:

foodwise, i was 'ok' and thats all im going to say lol - today is another day and only 3 more sleeps until i can join group .. and got some good news last week - the class is moving much closer to my house, so more inclined to go for my weigh in's - especially in the winter - have given up so many times because it was a mad treck up hill and was forced to take harry in his buggy as hubby works late thurs .. i have a good feeling about it this time, whereas before i used to re-join and think 'wonder how long i'll be able to drag myself to weigh in this time' not a good start! feel like i now i have a fighting chance of sticking to it. lol

Last edited:
I love Colchester Zoo, it's a fab day out!:) Hope it was for you too?:family2:

Extra Easy

breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, few slices ham
2 cups tea skim/milk
midmorning: few melon chunks
lunch: tuna jacket + 2 tbsp coleslaw ?
dinner:

Last edited:
loved it holiday girl, although bit chaotic with 15 of us inc kids walking in all directions, wanting to see different things, eat at different times, toilet stops, nappy changes etc lol .. but main thing is we all got to meet up which doesnt happen very often with us all living so far appart - we're going to try and do it at least once a year - and i wont put pressure on myself by setting a goal to be a certain size, weight etc next time - but i'll make a mental note to at least be slimmer, and feel more comfortable ;)

3rd august .. my little superstars 1st birthday XXX

its my little superstars 1st birthday today - i feel quite emotional, keep doing the 'this time last year thing' as the events leading up to his birth were quite eventful - Harry was born 2 months premature, it was a shock to us all and we were totally unprepared. he is so precious, especially as i suffered 6 miscarriages and a stillborn baby girl in the last 3 years .. so i guess its no coincidence my weight gain started around that time :sigh:
i have decided to draw a line under the sad events of the last few years, i will never forget - but i need to move on now, we have an adorable little baby boy, he brings so much joy to our lives and i need to try and lose the weight for him as much as me .. my weight problem makes me very unhappy, very angry (at myself, but inevitably take it out on everyone else) i dont join in with things, avoid going out .. i want harry and his big sister fleur to have a happy, confident mummy, who is ready to join in with the family fun in an instant .. in fact, from next week i have decided to put away some of my 'beauty' earnings to pay for a week in albufeira next june - my daughter will be 13 and its her dream to swim with dolphins, she also loves those water shoots and tunnels, and im promising myself i will be joining in the fun. have already been looking online at some appartments and getting excited - we havent had a proper holiday for last couple years for one reason and another, and had to add my annual leave to the back of my maternity leave so too late to book anything this summer. one more sleep until i join slimming world and i can then upload my weightloss and holiday ticker things - bring it on!!!

Last edited:
harrys 1st bday today, hubby is at work but will finish @ 1 oc - so im not sure if we will be going out and what we will do foodwise. i will play it by ear, so here goes:

bfast: 2 ww brown toast (1b) spread (2 syns) baked beans and a fried egg (1 syn) 2 cups tea skim milk
oh bugger, i blew it again .. although didnt go completely overboard - totally looking forward to joining sw class tomorrow so can get on the plan although not looking forward to finding out my weight!

Last edited:
Morning hunni xx

I'm just off to work myself but I couldn't read your last couple of posts without commenting xx

Bless you, you have had some difficult times haven't you? :'( I was so sorry to hear about your problems. But, like you say, now is the time to move forward, even tho you will never forget xx

Have some wonderful family time today and enjoy yourself xx. And big squishy birthday hugs to Harry (and big sis Fleur), and to mummy too xxx

I can definately relate to how precious he is too you, I had my fair share of heartache and misery having my two, and the weight gain!
But, as you say, time to look forward to the new you!
Happy 1st Birthday to little Prince Harry xxx

its my little superstars 1st birthday today - i feel quite emotional, keep doing the 'this time last year thing' as the events leading up to his birth were quite eventful - Harry was born 2 months premature, it was a shock to us all and we were totally unprepared. he is so precious, especially as i suffered 6 miscarriages and a stillborn baby girl in the last 3 years .. so i guess its no coincidence my weight gain started around that time :sigh:
i have decided to draw a line under the sad events of the last few years, i will never forget - but i need to move on now, we have an adorable little baby boy, he brings so much joy to our lives and i need to try and lose the weight for him as much as me .. my weight problem makes me very unhappy, very angry (at myself, but inevitably take it out on everyone else) i dont join in with things, avoid going out .. i want harry and his big sister fleur to have a happy, confident mummy, who is ready to join in with the family fun in an instant .. in fact, from next week i have decided to put away some of my 'beauty' earnings to pay for a week in albufeira next june - my daughter will be 13 and its her dream to swim with dolphins, she also loves those water shoots and tunnels, and im promising myself i will be joining in the fun. have already been looking online at some appartments and getting excited - we havent had a proper holiday for last couple years for one reason and another, and had to add my annual leave to the back of my maternity leave so too late to book anything this summer. one more sleep until i join slimming world and i can then upload my weightloss and holiday ticker things - bring it on!!!

Although you're discussing heartache and sad times this is a really positive post.

You've got motivation for your weight loss with the planned holiday. You can do this and you know you can. Well done for being strong and positive :)

Happy 1st Birthday to Harry. Hope you all have a lovely day.

thank you tillymax :)

it was such a lovely day we ended up having a picnic at audley end house and took harry for a ride around the woods to spot the teddy bears .. never have i felt so big and fat as i did today going around the woods cramped into a miniature steam train carriage, lol .. although i can laugh about it now!

my husband started to take pictures of us on the train and as usual i told him to stop etc .. then remembering i have about 3 photos of me and harry together (something i know i will regret) i let him snap away, telling myself these will be my 'before' photos - i have decided to let my daughter take a photo of me and harry once a month and hope that by his 2nd birthday i will really be able to notice a real difference and be well on my way to goal !!

really looking forward to re-joining sw tomorrow, and so pleased its re-locating much closer to me, thats half the reason couldnt stick to class - was such a treck uphill with the buggy and little bleak during the winter .. at least i have no excuse now

Ahh...sounds like a lovely day was enjoyed by all!!!

I'm glad you decided to let hubby take some pics in the end. I have very few of me at my heaviest as I was sharp enough to realise that if I TOOK them I couldn't be ON them lol. So I was always the one with the camera. But it would be nive to be able to look back on them and see the difference now.

I'm so excited for you joining SW tomorrow. I have a really good feeling about you...I'm sure you are going to do so well. Can't wait to hear all about it xx

thanks skinny dawn, its nice to know you have faith in me .. i too have a feeling im going to do it this time, although only by taking the scenic route and not putting too much pressure on myself -5lbs a month will make me more than happy :)

re: the photos, i was initially shocked and upset at them but have now made them my official 'BEFORE' photos and uploaded them to my album have a nosey if you like, but be warned - they're not a pretty sight!

They will help me to see myself as others see me, and encourage me to stick to plan. the only thing helping me to cope with what is staring back at me at the moment is knowing that this is me at my heaviest, and next week i'll be less heavy, and the week after even less heavy still!

i have avoided photos and full length mirrors for so long i really didnt think i looked as large as that - funny, when you do that you lul yourself into a false sense of security - i knew i was very overweight but(and this is awful) i always comforted myself with the thought that i was 'slimmer' than my overweight friend becky - but i can now see im a lot heavier than her, perhaps i should have looked in a full length mirror after all!

i now have to stop messing about and do everything in my power to lose this excess weight and become the person that i want to be.

Last edited:
Happy 1st birthday gorgeous Harry. I had a look at your photos and he is a cutie. I'm so sorry to hear about all the heartache you've been through. I'm so glad you got a happy ending though with your little man. Your daughter looks lovely too.

You sound really positive which has made me feel really positive. What a great idea getting your photo taken once a month. I might do that too and we can compare...lol.

Good luck joining class tomorrow night. I'll be looking out for your post once you've joined.

Glad you had a good day, slimming buddy. You're doing fab x

Back