Countdown to hip replacement!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
SO! After putting a stone on over the winter, due to buying Paul Hollywood's book and overdosing on bread, and lemon drizzle cake :eek:, I got my backside into gear after Christmas and went back to SW. Lost a bit, then moved and , yes you guessed it , went back to SW! I have lost 7.5lbs in the last 4 weeks, so I am now nearly a stone lighter. The thing is , I am on the list for a hip replacement , probably in 12 weeks, so I really must make the most of the plan to lose as much weight as possible to make life easier. On the plus side, it's easier to make sure I get at least 30 mins walking a day in, and altho we're on the second floor and have a lift, I am using the stairs. The only thing I miss is my big freezer, but that gets my butt out to walk to the shops most days, tho getting my head round buying small quantities is a work in progress!
I love the summer fruits, and have bought the Taste of Asia book, and am enjoying the recipes. Now what I have to do is get OH to co-operate with not bringing home a box of wine in the belief it will last!!!!!!!

Hello, how's it going this week? Will you be looking at another loss for you? Its great that your losing while awaiting an operation. I too have a hip problem and currently seeing consultants to see what they are going to do, it maybe a hip replacement or a operation on my pelvis, I don't go back till October though.
How do you find the exercise? I really struggle die to the pain and the tablets I'm on don't really work so everything is a battle for me.

Back