Countdown to wedding in November

2lbs to go till I've lost 10 stone!

Have been SO good for 2 weeks that on Saturday, I felt I just needed to eat else I think i would have gone into that 'red' zone and gone completely off the rails. So, i had a dinner of chicken and buttered leeks and it was yum! It was enough that I had something to look forward to but not a bad choice that would've thrown me off the diet. I did want a few squares of dark choc but I couldn't find a small bar so I didn't have it in the end. I'm glad I didn't as once I let myself have sugar, its hard to know when to stop.

Oh and can I add what a saint I have been in the last week - our office has had in the last week - 24 Krispy Kremes, 1x bag of chewy soft sweets from Spain, 1x tin of Miniature Heroes, 1x tub of Celebrations & 2x boxes of foreign chocolates - I only surcumbed to 1 tiny bournville chocolate and thats it! Kept sniffing it all though like some kind of addict, lol

Well its my hen do this weekend, not sure whats been planned but I can't wait!!! There will be people that I haven't seen for ages there and I know that everyone is expecting me to wear jeans and not my lovely-newly-purchased-dress from Monsoon!
I am also wearing some very high platforms so I shall be all of 5ft 6" for the evening but I have ordered some of those rollasole shoes just incase!

Its so strange being this weight (11.11) as I have never been this weight. I still think in my head that I am 13 stone as that was my last 'happy' weight. Its strange to go clothes shopping and not automatically reach for the 16-18 clothes.

I know I have some more to go but its weird to look in the mirror and not mind what you see - I don't want to get complacent as I do want to lose some more but its a nice feeling to not resent your reflection and dread accidently seeing it in shop windows etc.

I hope my diary gives some hope to anyone else who has lot to lose. I would never have thought that I would be able to keep going and get 10 stone off me - I always thought that I would've given up once I had reached 13 stone. To anyone reading this and thinking about doing it, just take it a day at a time and congratulate yourself for each 100% day - I actually high-5 myself or OH if he is around. Keep chipping away at it and never give up, only 'pause' if you need to.

Farmgirl - thanks for your post - never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be in the 11's!!! One more stone bracket to go and I'm there - yay!!! xxx

Red, I read your whole thread and... :clap:

You're a real inspiration and it is lovely to see your genuine joy at being smaller. I'm getting married too, in March, and like you, I want to be slimmer :D

I'll subscribe to your diary :D

I've lost 10 stone!

I'm now 11.9 so I have lost 10 stone exactly!

Can't wait for my hen do and to feel just, normal really!

More chocs in the office again in the form of 3x huge bars, 3x boxes of them too - grr!

Ellie- thanks for the post, I really want to shout from the roof tops to anyone who has a lot to lose that its totally possible and not to give up! The high that I have now from just feeling good about myself, far outweighs any high I used to get from junk food! Congrats on your wedding, it will swing round in no time at all!

x

wow! you are AMAZING girl. so inspired by you!

Well I just read the last page of posts and some of them brought tears to my eyes. Well done you - I will def be going back to the beginning of your diary to read it all. AndI'll be keeping an eye on how you do leading up to your wedding. I'm sure it will help to keep me motivated as I'm just at the beginning of my journey.

Well done again, you must be really proud of yourself. x

Ellie- thanks for the post, I really want to shout from the roof tops to anyone who has a lot to lose that its totally possible and not to give up! The high that I have now from just feeling good about myself, far outweighs any high I used to get from junk food! Congrats on your wedding, it will swing round in no time at all!

You deserve all the compliments you receive, so well done you :D
And believe me when I say that reading your thread gives a huge boost, so you should be proud of it :D
Wedding preps are hectic, but I'm mostly obsessed about fitting into my dress :eek::p
Well done on this week's loss, and please tell us your friends' reaction when they see you with your gorgeous dress!!!!!

Hi Red, just catching up on people's diaries. Wow, you've done amazingly well. Congrats! :) You are truly an inspiration. Thank you.

Perfect hen do

Well I am back from my hen do - it was PERFECT. They had organised a cream tea in a 5* hotel, then drinks in the Ice Bar and then dinner and dancing in a club in London - I loved it!
My mum made a surprise appearance- the family dog died on friday and so I thought she would be too upset to make it but she did and it made my day!

I was SO happy, I didn't have to shy away from photos, not that I could being the 'hen' anyway! Some of my friends didn't recognise me and didn't think it was me when I said hello to them. My friend who I only saw about 6 weeks ago was amazed at how I look now - I guess when you're smaller that even just 1lb has the significance of dropping say 5lbs when you are bigger.

I really went for it food-wise at the weekend and whilst I loved it at the time, this week I have been racked with guilt and stress about weight-gain but I finally stepped on the scales this morning and I am the same weight, well a little lighter, as last week which is such a huge relief! Just 11lbs till I get into the 10s now and thats all I want for the wedding. I have 5 weeks to go and our diaries are quite clear (food-wise) so I think I should do it hopefully!

Went into M&S yesterday and saw a rain coat, I tried the 14 on but it just wrapped around me, the 12 was also a tad big - if I fit in the 10, i think i will buy it regardless just to have something in a size 10 in my wardrobe, lol.

Thanks for all the lovely comments girls, I feel so privilaged to be an inspiration to others, I know that reading others diaries helped me along the way. I really wish I could bottle this feeling of being slimmer and give everyone a taste because it feels truly amazing. I didn't think that at 21.9, I would be all the way down here in the 11's but I am and I love it, its worth every low time that you have on these type of diets. I really would say never give up, take a diet holiday once in a while but keep with it till you get to your goal.

Ellie - that was my biggest stress, THE DRESS - esp when everyone else is asking you all the time about it! Make sure you go to a place that makes you feel comfortable and that they have patience with you. I only ordered mine in mid-June, it was here a month later and my alterations incl the bodice are being done 3 weeks before my wedding so don't stress too much as you still have plenty of time to make the difference you want to.

I will send photos after the wedding of the before and after, I had a look at the 'before' photo yesterday and OMG, my boobs are the size of an adults head! Thankfully, they resemble more a toddlers head which I much prefer!

Keep on the right road, xmas is coming and so there is still time to make a real difference

x

Red, I'm so happy for you that you've had such a lovely time! You so deserve it and I'm not surprised some of your friends didn't even "recongise" you at first.

I love the hen do they organised for you. i'm not much of a party girl but the cream tea in a posh hotel is a great idea! I don't think I'll have a hen do myself, so I really enjoy reading about other people's :)

I bought the dress already. Two months before starting the diet, and I ordered it 2 sizes smaller. But apparently, I could lose more than 2 sizes and it's too late to change the size. The shop assured me that because the actual frame is simple they can take it down 3 sizes if need be, so it leaves me some margin.

Your wedding is very soon now! I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling after all these months of hard work (and let's face it, dieting is not the only hard thing to do when preparing a wedding!). Is it a big party? I will be very pleased to see some pictures :p Are you nervous? Apparently, many brides have wedding related nightmares during the weeks leading up to their wedding. :p

Yay 11.8 now

I'm chipping away at it and so I have 9lbs to go to see the 10's - feels completely surreal!
Went to see CDC yesterday and I have lost 7" from my waist and 7" from my hips, 2.5" from my upper arms & 2.5" from my thigh since I started with her in mid-May - can't believe my child-bearing hips have gone down so much - amazing!
I show CDC my picture from my heaviest and she said that it was like that Friends moment "Who ate Monica", she said that I was totally unrecognisable except for my eyes - very happy to hear all that as the picture is awful!

Off for dinner tonight at my friends house but thankfully they serve quite small portions so it should be ok.

Went to the gym last night, I purposely place myself near the Weights section because I know that my pride will make me work harder if I feel people are watching me, lol. I don't mean like they are 'checking me out' or anything but you know when you can feel eyes on you or I postion myself in the front row of machines as it means that I try harder as people can see how long I have been on the machine lol.

Lots of wedding bits to do this weekend, I have so many lists but if my weight is on track then I feel like I can tackle anything.

Ellie - yes, i am having lots of sleepless nights as my brain won't switch off but it will all be worth it in the end! I think we have 58 for the day and then a total of 90 for the evening. I don't feel nervous of getting married only worried that I have forgotten to arrange something major!
Don't stress about your dress, every bride looks lovely no matter what their shape or size, its a 'bridal glow'. You in a great postion in that your dress can be taken in 3 sizes so you can go for it and reach your goal before your wedding, you really can!

x

11.4 now!

Hello

Not been on here for a while as the wedding is drawing closer and things are getting more & more frantic.

Got on the scales this morning and they read 11.4! Yay!!!! And my TOTM is due which means I am probably carrying some water retention.

We have the rehearsal this weekend and so we will have dinner after but I will plan to have a vino to celebrate. I have eaten 3 meals in the last week or so but thankfully, always chosen the low carb/high protein option and also only eaten about 2/3 of the portion which I think works well for me.

SO the wedding is 3 weeks away and after Saturday, we have no social commitments so I should reach my goal of seeing 10 something by the time I get married.

Plan to come off the diet 2 days before the wedding, not go mad but as I have been eating in between, my body is used to having food now and again - scary to think that I am nearing to a close on my diet - wow!

hope everyone else is doing well too!

This is getting so exciting !!
You have done so amazingly well and are so close to your goal.
Sounds like you have timed it perfectly and will be a stunning bride.
Can't wait to see the pictures :D
Good luck with the last few lbs and have a brilliant time on the day.
I'm a real sucker for happy endings (or should I say beginnings) and would love to hear all about it, when you have recovered xxx

Hi, I agree with Farmgirl. I think you've done amazingly well and I'm sure you are going to look like a princess. I too can't wait to see the pics.
How exciting! Good luck with the last few pounds. :)

11.3 now!

Hello

I had the most AMAZING weekend, one of the best days in my life so far i think. It was the wedding rehearsal so we had everyone round who was special to us and playing a part in the wedding.

After the rehearsal, we went for a meal and I went for it and had a burger and chips - my 1st in about 6 months! And a LARGE glass of wine! I'm in the habit now of giving about 1/4 -1/3 of my meal to my OH which eases the guilt but I thought, stuff it, I have been on this diet for so long, I deserve to enjoy some totally naughty food!

Got back on the wagon on Sunday and was up at my gym class at 9am, will go to another one this evening.

Got my TOTM wrong and so it was due yesterday so I should be carrying water retention too at the moment.

My next dress fitting is next Tuesday and my mum has said that she thinks I shouldn't lose any more weight as I might start to look a bit scrawny in my dress as I am very small on my top half which is all people will see in my dress. Very odd feeling to be asked not to lose more weight, lol.
I will keep going till I see 10.13, thats my goal and then I shall just maintain it till the wedding.

It feels totally surreal to be almost at my goal weight for the wedding. We were going through photos last night and even ones where I was happy with my weight (around 13stone and size 16-18), I look at them now and just think I look so 'round' still!

Thanks Farmgirl and Tess, its been a long road but worth every struggle!!!

x

Red, I just wanted to post to say you have completely inspired me to give CD another go and to give it my all. Reading how well you have done is amazing, my wedding is next July and I now have 36 weeks to get into my dress! I'm been messing around for a year now and CD is probably my only hope. But reading how you ahve achieved it, has spurred me on. x

Hi Red
I just wanted to say very well done on your weight loss. You have done so so well! Reading your diary is very inspiring for me.
Not long to your wedding now is it!
I am getting married next year too, and I enjoy reading your updates.xx

Good for you Red, with your determination, I'm sure you'll see the 10s very soon!

And about eating a whole burger and fries: so what! You enjoyed your rehearsal, as you should :D

I also chose a dress which will enhance the top of my body as I know I'll lose more on my top half but keep my big arse for longer. At least, my arse is hidden under the dress :D

I'm trying waiste exercises this week :)

11.1 now!

Yippee!!! Not far to go now! Can hardly believe it!

TOTM arrived today, thank god as it was a few days late but I guess thats stress for you!

Had 1 small dark choc yesterday in the office but needed to have a sugar fix - one thing i did was to keep the wrapper on my desk the entire day as a reminder that I had eaten it - it really worked!! Its so easy to eat things & forget what you gulped down esp when you're hormonal and will eat anything that moves. I found it really good to have that little reminder of the sweety wrapper sitting on my desk to stop me having another one - I think I will adopt it going forward as we always have loads of sweets in the office and you can just troff away without thinking about what you're consuming.

Off out tomorrow eve, will have some alcohol but not loads as I want to be at my 9am class on Saturday.

Thanks girls, thats very sweet of you for your comments. Keep with the diet, its SO worth it and its the quickest and simplest route to get your weights down.
Its not forever and you have to remind yourself of that every so often.
Esp with a wedding dress to focus on, what other diet can promise to give you a calculated weight loss each month?
I love being a 'normal' size now, nothing beats it - not even a huge bar of chocolate!
When I was 10 1/2 stone heavier, it felt like I had a (self-inflicted) disability both physically and mentally - carrying weight is such a burden both emotionally and phyiscally and yes, you can still be happy being heavier but at some stage/scenario, it does stop you in your tracks.
I would urge you all to stick with it and stick with until you get to your goal, you will all get there in the end else you wouldn't be reading posts like mine.

I still randomly smile to myself when I walk down the street and remember what size I am now. Also, its going to be very strange going on honeymoon and not fretting about stripping off - well not as much as I used to anyway!

x

You're so close to it! Your diary is so inspirational! I know you'll feel incredible on your special day and so proud of yourself and your accomplishments! Losing that amount of weight is no mean feat and you deserve the best day ever!

Thanks for the boost!

Red you are amazing! What a fab weight loss. I cant wait to see you in your dress looking stunning.
I am getting married in October next year and can honestly say the dress isnt giving me any kind of incentive right now. Is 2 sizes smaller. I have been doing Zumba classes but still need a kick up the bum!
All the best for your big day! xxxxx

Back