Counting Calories??

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Does anyone go way over what their daily intake of calories should be and still lose weight??? I find with this diet my calorie intake is way higher than it should be and this week i havn't lost an ounce:(:(
I have been doing mainly green days as their cheaper and easer to cook for but now im feeling bloated and horrible and really feel as if ive had a good few nights out drinking and eating!!

Although i dont want to give up at the first hurdle im not 100% sure SW is for me if im feeling as bad as this on it.

i never look at calories in anything i just stick to looking at the syns so im not sure on this one ive never been very good at understanding calorie diets etc lol think thats why slimming world works for me

SW isn't just based on calorie intake...and i know that my fat intake has dropped alot due to not eating things high in fat or using margarine, oils, etc.

i've never counted calories on SW but i imagine there are many days where i go over the recommended intake, especially if i eat pasta, as i can easily eat 300-400g!!!

i only do green days as i'm a vegetarian and am aware if i gorge on pasta i tend not to lose. i still have pasta 2 or 3 times a week but on other days i try to bulk my main meals out with loads of veg or salad. for example, instead of having a huge jacket potato with cheese and beans for dinner i have a small/medium jackets with loads of salad, cheese (hex a) and homemade coleslaw (2.5 sins for red.fat coleslaw) ...this reduces my carb intake and gives me loads of speed foods but is still very tasty and filling :D

I never even think about calories. I think you need to give it time and let the results speak for themselves :)

The main principles of SW is that you have 3 meals with 2 snacks and to eat just until you feel satisfied. I can't eat too much pasta as I feel bloated too. I think Mod Karen has got it spot on, in that it's a good idea to bulk your meals out with veggies and salad etc.

I alternate my days, mainly because I like the variety. I never think about the calories. My problem is being really busy and not having enough time to make sure I eat. Yesterday I only managed a mug shot and my dinner!

I have just completed my first week and lost 6lbs. I have not looked at calories at all and just followed the plan 100%. The SW diet is about eating lots and not counting the calories. My partner has been doing the diet with me but hasnt lost anything. The only difference is that we both eaten the smae but I have eaten lots more foods. More fruit etc!! I am always eating but still lossing. You need to try and get out of the mind set off counting calories.

I have just completed my first week and lost 6lbs. I have not looked at calories at all and just followed the plan 100%. The SW diet is about eating lots and not counting the calories. My partner has been doing the diet with me but hasnt lost anything. The only difference is that we both eaten the smae but I have eaten lots more foods. More fruit etc!! I am always eating but still lossing. You need to try and get out of the mind set off counting calories.

This is absolutely right!! If you want to count calories, then you need to follow a calorie controlled diet. Don't combine the two though, you'll get nowhere....fast!
I have followed SW on and off over many years and in my experience, some people don't always lose on the first week, some even gain. How long have you been doing it for? And as daft as it sounds, you do have to eat loads, which is why, I think, that some people maintain on their first week because they are afraid to eat too much!!

Good luck

Sam
xxx

you do have to eat loads, which is why, I think, that some people maintain on their first week because they are afraid to eat too much!!

i definately agree with that. i try and eat something every couple of hours and i lose more that way.

one week i ate hardly anything for 3 days and then ate lightly for rest of the week and lost 0.5lb!!! i lose more if i eat loads of fresh free foods, but if i have too much pasta (as i said in previous post i can eat a rediculous amount of it) i still lose but my losses aren't as good. i don't deprive myself of pasta though because i love it - and have it 2 or 3 times a week.

I have to agree I have only been doing SW since July but it took me a while to work out that I need to eat more between meals.I never look at the calories on anything thats the main reason I do SW I am just too lazy to look or measure anything(i use hi fi, bread or packs of porridge so no measuring).I am also a firm believer on this diet of never going hungry but just stopping when you feel full.

Hi everyone thanks for your advice it's much appreciated.

This is my second week on SW first week i lost 7lbs, only difference is i had no pasta the first week but then again ive only had it twice this week! I have been eating platefulls of SW chips tho so mabye i have to cut down on them:(:(

I havn't been calorie counting at all as im no good at it! But just wondered what others calorie intake was when they were losing.

Well im about to go and try cous cous for the first time in my life!! Honestly have never tried it before.

I have to get my head round eating so much on this diet i suppose i should be gratefull i didn't gain at least i know im not eating too much! Don't know how tho as i said those SW chips and beans always make me feel so guilty about eating them

Back