couple of ketosis questions

emma&alex

yesterday I had a ceaser salad when we were out, i kept up with my water and did eveything else (had 2 cambridge meals).
today im out of ketosis (which i expected).
so ive had 2 shakes today and most of my water, and im wondering...do i need to stick to the no water flavouring and no bars for 2 weeks again? or could i just carry on as i was.
and, will it take me 3 days to get back into ketosis?

I would be interested to know why the bars are different to the shakes, anybody know.
Many thanks
Linz

yesterday I had a ceaser salad when we were out, i kept up with my water and did eveything else (had 2 cambridge meals).
today im out of ketosis (which i expected).
so ive had 2 shakes today and most of my water, and im wondering...do i need to stick to the no water flavouring and no bars for 2 weeks again? or could i just carry on as i was.
and, will it take me 3 days to get back into ketosis?

Okay, first, how do you know you are out of ketosis? Why did you only have 2 CWP meals? You need all 3. You probably went straight back into ketosis really quick so wouldn't need to do the 2 weeks again. Just keep on trugging with the plan as planned and you'll be fine :)

i have ketosix, ive tested myself 3 times today and all are neg.

and i only had 2 because i had food out, and was out most of the day, so id have had to cram 2 in late at night...that wasnt the right thing to do..obv.

thanks for your replies

i have ketosix, ive tested myself 3 times today and all are neg.

Ignore them. Ketostix don't test for ketosis, only excess ketones. Mine never went pink. Not once.

and i only had 2 because i had food out, and was out most of the day, so id have had to cram 2 in late at night...that wasnt the right thing to do..obv.

You would have been better cramming the 2 in. Remember that although they are in yummy taste form, they really are your medication for the day ;) Cambridge just happen to make them nice tasting medication.:D

Try to have the right amount as there are nutrients in there you wont get in that one meal you had out.

Best thing to do is to plan it before you go out, so you can space them, though having said that, it doesn't usually hurt to have 2 in one go....and just before you go to bed if that is the only time you can have them :)

Back