couple of quorn questions

debtin

Gold Member
Hi all, I keep reading in diaries more and more quorn meals. I see quorn is allowed but synned on green days? I tried chicken quorn but don't like the texture but am curious now and may start of by trying the sausages or the Linda macartney ones, can anyone reccommend some and are they expensive?

Its not the best textures, but for a veggie its like heaven! Something i can really get my teeth into haha

debtin said:
Hi all, I keep reading in diaries more and more quorn meals. I see quorn is allowed but synned on green days? I tried chicken quorn but don't like the texture but am curious now and may start of by trying the sausages or the Linda macartney ones, can anyone reccommend some and are they expensive?

Hi, I actually don't mind the texture of quorn, the pepper quorn steaks are quite nice. I think eating the plain chicken quorn fillets at probably quite bland, and it's better to have it disguised in a meal :)
My family started out by having minced quorn in meals such as chilli and bolognese. By using half quorn and half lean beef mince, the texture of meat is still there, we gradually increased the amount of quorn and now have it meat free. By doing this you also spend less money on meat, Wich is good for us as a family.
I would say give it another go though. Although quorn sausages arnt the best. X

Also forgot to say that quorn mince/fillet it free on all plans. But sausages all have different syn values :)

Quorn mince and quorn products are just the same syns and stuff on all plans. When I've looked things up on syns online they're always the same syns on EE green and red.

I eat meat free sausages all the time, quorn mince we use in cottage pie and bolognaise, and the peppered steaks are nice. Wasn't keen on the lamb style grills though

Back