1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Cous Cous cake... poll !

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Cavycrazy, 13 November 2008 Social URL.

Is the Cous Cous cake free on a green day ?

1. Yes.. agree it is!

20 vote(s)
  2. No.. disagree and think its not!

6 vote(s)
  3. Dont know.. unsure what to think.

10 vote(s)
  1. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Have been following some of the threads with interest regarding whether this is free on green days or not!

Setting up a poll to see what opinion everyone is coming to.

I really like the cous cous cake :D
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ickleladynat

ickleladynat Full Member

Weight Watchers
    I bloody hope it's free. I love the stuff. Just about to make some now. yum yum x
  4. *** Di ***

*** Di *** Member

Slimming World
    I would like to add that I eat it as a meal now rather than an extra.;)

So I think I can eat it free - because what is the difference if I got some cous cous ready and added something else ??? No difference, I thinks!!!!

Mind you, if I was eating tons of the stuff and the weight wasn't shifting then I might think differently!!!!!
  5. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Slimming World
    I still haven't got around to making this as i don't have an oven proof cake tin...
    can someone bump the receipe for me? xx
  6. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Slimming world
    I have a recipe for one version of it in my website link at bottom of my sig hun. Not done the one with mullers sorry.
  7. *** Di ***

*** Di *** Member

Slimming World
    I think its

4oz Cous Cous soaked in just enough boiling water to barely cover it
    4 tablespoons Sweetener
    1/2 teaspon Baking Powder
    2 Eggs
    Muller Yoghurt (use a strong flavour one - although I used Aldi Wholegrain Yoghurt)

Mix together.
    Cook 180o in the oven.
    How simple is that??

I also added some mixed spice.

My favourite alltime is Mincemeat Cous Cous when I add 4 level tablespoons Mincemeat - think its 2 syns per tablespoon off the top of my just woken up head - which makes the whole cake 8 syns!

The yoghurt one is completely free and makes a lovely sweet, stodgy lunch.

(I'm off to Wroxham today for a week so won't be around until we return)
  8. snappy

snappy Member

I've just done a Toffee one but added a eating apple finely chopped into the mix...is in the oven now... will let you know what its like lol
  9. Wonder

Wonder Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi Ladies,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Cous Cous cake is NOT free :sigh:

Louise found this out the other day in class. The consultant said that, you have to syn it at the 'Red' day value, which is 5 syns per 28g. It's something to do with using the cous cous as flour...

Maybe check with your consultant and I'll do the same x
  10. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I think it not being free is crap... I aint synning it altho I dont plan on making more than 1 a week! x
  11. victoria sponge

victoria sponge Silver Member

slimming world
    tbh i aint sinning it either!!i think everything in moderation its not like im going to eat every minute of every day!!
  12. Chiana

Chiana Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Sorry,not according to the books, cous cous ground and used as flour is 5 syns, whole grain dry, free on green, 5 on red, cooked 1.5 on red, free on green. All 28g
    So it is free on green as long as you don't grind it. Tried it today, gorgeous.:eat:
    Last edited: 15 November 2008
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.