Cous Cous cake... poll !

Is the Cous Cous cake free on a green day ?

• Yes.. agree it is!

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • No.. disagree and think its not!

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Dont know.. unsure what to think.

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
Have been following some of the threads with interest regarding whether this is free on green days or not!

Setting up a poll to see what opinion everyone is coming to.

I really like the cous cous cake :D

I bloody hope it's free. I love the stuff. Just about to make some now. yum yum x

I would like to add that I eat it as a meal now rather than an extra.;)

So I think I can eat it free - because what is the difference if I got some cous cous ready and added something else ??? No difference, I thinks!!!!

Mind you, if I was eating tons of the stuff and the weight wasn't shifting then I might think differently!!!!!

I still haven't got around to making this as i don't have an oven proof cake tin...
can someone bump the receipe for me? xx

I have a recipe for one version of it in my website link at bottom of my sig hun. Not done the one with mullers sorry.
xxx

I think its

4oz Cous Cous soaked in just enough boiling water to barely cover it
4 tablespoons Sweetener
1/2 teaspon Baking Powder
2 Eggs
Muller Yoghurt (use a strong flavour one - although I used Aldi Wholegrain Yoghurt)

Mix together.
Cook 180o in the oven.
How simple is that??

I also added some mixed spice.

My favourite alltime is Mincemeat Cous Cous when I add 4 level tablespoons Mincemeat - think its 2 syns per tablespoon off the top of my just woken up head - which makes the whole cake 8 syns!

The yoghurt one is completely free and makes a lovely sweet, stodgy lunch.

(I'm off to Wroxham today for a week so won't be around until we return)

I've just done a Toffee one but added a eating apple finely chopped into the mix...is in the oven now... will let you know what its like lol

Hi Ladies,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Cous Cous cake is NOT free :sigh:

Louise found this out the other day in class. The consultant said that, you have to syn it at the 'Red' day value, which is 5 syns per 28g. It's something to do with using the cous cous as flour...

Maybe check with your consultant and I'll do the same x

I think it not being free is crap... I aint synning it altho I dont plan on making more than 1 a week! x

Sorry,not according to the books, cous cous ground and used as flour is 5 syns, whole grain dry, free on green, 5 on red, cooked 1.5 on red, free on green. All 28g
So it is free on green as long as you don't grind it. Tried it today, gorgeous.:eat:

Last edited:
Back