cous cous muffins

piggin

i just made a batch but they were a bit "wet" inside. Does this mean i used too much water? they were in the oven for about 45 mins and are cripsy on top

thanks

I made these for the first time last night and although they were a bit stodgy, they weren't wet so yeah, I reckon to much water :) Do you know how much you used in relation to how much couscous?

Excellent! :)

Maybe don't add the extra at the end. I think once it's absorbed enough, it won't absorb anymore. I used a mug and did a mug of couscous and a mug and a half of water. Mine seemed a little bit rubbery... maybe I should have added more water! Between us we could have had perfect muffins!

1 cup of couscous
1 1/2 cups of water (or enough to cover)
5 Tbsp sweetner
1 egg
1 tub of mullerlite yogurt (you will not need all of it)

Put couscous in bowl and add water, wait until absorbed, then add egg, sweetner and some of the yogurt until you get a batter like consistancy. Spoon in to muffin tin and bake 180 for about 40 mins or until golden.
Enjoy x

Stupid question - how big is a cup?

Just got the oven on for this recipe. Going to make lemon ones!!!! :D

These sound yummm, may give them a go

I made these for the first time today using a vanilla mullerlight and fresh raspberries. I also added a teaspoon of baking powder in the hope they'd puff up.
Boy was I dissapointed! They are awful!!!! Really stodgy and wet and bleurgghhhh!!! Was sooo looking forward to them too! :cry:

I have made a batch of lemon ones. An acquired taste methinks.

A bit chewy and not light at all. I think the texture of the cous cous is a bit odd.

Maybe they will seem more inviting tomorrow. :eek:

I made these earlier and they were wet in the middle, hard on top and stuck to the muffin cases on the bottom. Still yummy though! Or I'm greedy...

Going to tweak the recipe a little next time and maybe use another flavour of muller - vanilla is a bit too plain for me! My mum's making strawberry ones so if hers turn out good I might do them :)

I made these earlier and they were wet in the middle, hard on top and stuck to the muffin cases on the bottom. Still yummy though! Or I'm greedy...

Going to tweak the recipe a little next time and maybe use another flavour of muller - vanilla is a bit too plain for me! My mum's making strawberry ones so if hers turn out good I might do them :)

Keep us informed. ;)

I'm soo sooo pleased these are now officially ok!! I did vanilla last week - nice - but after 6 on the bounce a bit sickly.... Then blueberry muller - not bad....then tried to recreate a bakewell scenario with cherry muller and almond essence....and crashed and burned on that....not much to write home about....I did the mincemeat ones - not free but lush! Happy baking!

mine were a bit soggy but didnt taste to bad they definatly need a little more flavour though will do some experimenting tommorow

I did mine in a loaf tin cooked for 50 minutes and was not wet at all.

I really liked them and finished it off tonight with a quark and cinnamon cream cheese topping. I need to be careful not to cook these too often cause I could eat it all in one go!

Going to try with a vanilla and choc muller and options sachet next!

hey there if you look on the packet of cous cous it will tell you exactly how much water to use, i usually use half of what it says on the packet, mine says use 250g of cous cous ... will check what it says water wise at dinner time for you if you want as i make up 125g of dried weight cous cous with the rest of the ingrediants listed above and mine are always perfect btw using vanilla with cinnamon is lush its my absolute fave, i made them with blueberry muller light but they went grey and didnt look very appetising!

Are you sure these are free? I thought if couscous was used as a flour substitute you had to syn things.

Back