• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Cous Cous Salad Recipes

misspaf

So I tried some cous cous salad in a supermarket this week and it was gorgeous, wondering how to make a nice cous cous salad? If I remember correct the cous cous was mixed with red and green peppers and some tomatoes.

What kinda dressings, flavourings should I use? Am totally clueless when it comes to making salads!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Plumfoodie

Paleo maintenance rocks!
I use two methods. One is to cheat and use a flavoured couscous (Ainsley or similar, synned) and then just chuck in whatever salad veg I have around - tomato, cucumber, peppers, red onion, radish etc. I find the flavour from the couscous is enough. For a more substantial salad you could add chickpeas or crumble over some feta cheese.

If I have more time I'll use plain couscous prepared with stock, use the same types of veg, and add a ton of fresh herbs plus either a nice vinegar, lemon juice (plus a bit of garlic) or a vinaigrette dressing synned if needed. Taste as you go and add any salt or pepper until it tastes good to you.

misspaf

Thanks for that, I prefer to save my syns for naughty stuff and cous cous isn't naughty haha.

I will try spices and flavourings. I have the Hellman's Fat Free Vingerette dressing (0.5syns for 2 tablespoons). Would that be good?

Plumfoodie

Paleo maintenance rocks!
The vinaigrette should be fine! I'd add a bit and taste until you have the strength you want. Have fun experimenting! :)

mandy296

Silver Member
Balsamic vinegar and mint is nice. Either use fresh chopped mint, or you could use the Colman's Fresh Garden Mint in a jar for an easier option (Colmans's Fresh Garden Mint is free, but the jar is very similar to the mint sauce which is synned as it has added sugar)

Hi

When I make cous cous salad I use Ainsleys Harriots (0.5 syn per 100g!!) mixed with chopped tomatoes, spring onions and halved grapes.

I find the grapes really sweeten it making it delicious.

Make your own tomato salsa to go with it! delicious!