Cramp

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by ladylite, 19 January 2008 Social URL.

1. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have for the last 2 days suffered some really bad bouts of cramp, in the back of my legs. They are so bad that the have left my legs feeling very sore, even when they have passed. I am such a whimp.:cry:

Hardly ever had it before, could it be the diet and is there anything I can take if it keeps up, as I dont like it it hurts.:wave_cry:

Sorry got to laugh, when I re-read my post I had put crap instead of cramp. he he he he he.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    Salt tablets - you can get them from the chemist. Although you should be getting enough with the packs.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    You're not drinking too much water? It can upset the electrolyte balance.

5. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Karion, I do find water difficult, can just about manage the 4 litres for LL but really have to push myself for more. I upped it to 5.2 litres yesterday.

I do take blood pressure tablets, one of which includes a duretic.

Helen I was told to reduce my salt due to my blood pressure.

6. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I can't help with this but it might be worth having a work with your pharmacist and seeing if they can recommend anything.

7. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    or perhaps speaking to your doc as Quinine is a very good medication for helping cramp... but it is prescription only I think :D

8. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    :confused: I would have said less salt and more water....so I got that wrong!!!

Hope you get it sorted Lady - craps ;) (hehe) are horrible!!! :D

OK OK - it's cramps. I know - but that was so funy what you wrote!

x

9. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya, I suffer with terrible cramp if i drink too much sparkling water, something i only found out with trial and error - just in case! I know can only have 1 of my litres as sparlky.

Hope you feel better soon.x

10. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooops I nearly drink all sparkling water, think I better try reducing this and see what happens.

11. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Almost definitely the sparkling water then! Apparently something to do with the sodium levels, but I know as soon as I cut mine back i was ok!! Yey glad I posted now lol.

12. jowray100

jowray100 Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    hi. i had this it only lasted for a couple of day. increase your water and take a couple of paracetmol. its your body rebalancing itself. mine happened in week 3 and its not come back since

13. Rising_Sun

Rising_Sun Seeking thinner peace

Current Weight:
    23st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Diet:
    post-op Gastric Bypass
    Hi,

I'm prone to cramp myself but thankfully not since my restart on 1st Jan. I drink 4L of plain water a day + another 1.5 L in tea/coffee.

Crampex tablets and slimline indian tonic water were recommended elsewhere. I bought both but have used neither becoz the crampex tabs asked questions I could not answer so thought I'ld see GP first. Have yet to do so however. The indian tonic contains citric acid so no luck there. I'm just hoping I will not cramp again but apparently cramping happens in bouts. Sure would like to hear about other diet compatible solutions.

14. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Hello - I had this too, for a couple of days. Terrible, isn't it? I asked my LLC and she got in touch with the medical advice people who advised drinking more water (sorry!) so I did and it went away.

If you're already drinking more than 4 litres it might be too much water, though, as others have said...

Best of luck. It should pass. Mine hasn't come back if it's any consolation.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.