Total Solution CRAMPS

mamaden

I'm on day 11 now & the past 2 nights I have woken up about 3am with the most painful leg cramps. :cry:I actually have to get out of bed & try & walk around to get rid of them.
Because it's breaking my sleep & I work 11 hour days I'm now really tired as well.
Is anyone else experiencing cramp or could this be caused by something totally different?
If you are having cramp please can you give me some advice.
Thanks x

Drink plenty of water that should help. Tonic water is good for leg cramps but would need to check its allowed. Can't think why it wouldn't be x

3 pieces of advice - especially if it is cramp in your calves. This is what works for me.

Have a warm bath and stretch gently before you go to bed: stand facing wall, one foot forward with heel on floor and toes on wall. lean gently forward until you feel a stretch. If cramp is in upper calf, make sure your knee is completely straight while doing this stretch.

keep a scarf or a tea towel on your bedside table. If you wake with a cramp, hold each end of scarf, flip the middle over the ball of your foot and pull towards you to release the cramp.

Buy some LoSalt - and use it in your soups or even a small pinch in every shake. If you need the minerals you won't taste it.

I've had cramps in my calves and feet for years (nothing to do with the diet) and found out through my dr that I had a lack of magnesium and that was the likely cause...not sure that helps but thought I would share :)

Thank you all for your replies.
I have only been getting them since I started the diet & funnily enough, the day I decided to post this they stopped. :eek:
x

Back