Cranberry Challenge - Countdown to Chrimbo

Ladies, I've just looked at the calendar. There is a good four weeks before the Christmas festivities kick in. This is enough time for us all to drop a few pounds, even if we only gain them back over the holiday. I'm going to cut out alcohol and sweet treats and be extra strict with myself.
Come on , we can do it!!

:smiley1842: Cranberry Christmas Challenge 2011 :smiley1842:
(5 weeks to go!)

Plumfoodie: reach 165 lb (current: 171 lb)

AshieFan: sort out paperwork and finance (saved £20 a month on energy & gained 3% interest rate & got rid of some clutter)

AshieFan: make home-made christmas cards and presents (no progress)

CaliSweden: lose 13lbs (3.6/13)

8 lbs left for the goal. At this rate I'm going to be realistic, and just be happy to get close enough to the goal as much as possible:)

(5 weeks to go!)

AshieFan: sort out paperwork and finance (saved £20 a month on energy & gained 3% interest rate & got rid of some clutter)

CaliSweden: lose 13lbs (5/13)

I've been a bit quiet on this front, haven't I? There has been some progress. I am trying to work out how to upload photos on to minimins for the Christmas cards. The presents are a bit of a problem because I was going to sew them. I found the sewing machine in the garage but not the lead for it inc the foot pedal thing :( Am a bit stuck really.

AshieFan: sort out paperwork and finance (saved £20 a month on energy & gained 3% interest rate on isa & got rid of some clutter. Made £200 for introducing 2 friends to temp agency. Reduced household food budget by £20 a week, most weeks.)

AshieFan: make home-made christmas cards and presents (made 3 Christmas cards)

I've uploaded the Christmas card photo on my profile album. :)

All the cutting, glueing, sticking on, glitter was done by my LO, with only a little bit of help from me (mostly verbal I have to say!). My input was putting the tiny blobs of glue around the card. :D

Sorry about the quality of the photo.

ETA: You cant really tell but the card is made out of feathers!

Last edited:
Those cards are sweet - well done to your LO (and you as creative director, heh)! Are you going to make many more or keep the recipient list small and exclusive?

Good job on making some Chrimbo progress! :)

The card looks lovely. Pretty colours too!

The card was really nice and very sweet. I love that your LO helped out :).

Hello cranberry challengers! There's just about 5 full weeks until Christmas day. I know we can do well between now and then! Whatever your chosen challenge, I hope you have a good week. :)

Hear hear, Plum. Let's all be strong.

(5 weeks to go!)

CaliSweden: lose 13lbs (3.6/13)

Ruth: Make homemade preserves for pressies

Ruth: Lose 6 pounds by New Year

(4 weeks to go!)

Plumfoodie: reach 165 lb (current: 170.8 lb)

Boo it's a plus for me this week. Oh well, totm what can I expect, but at least it was a not so big plus.

I don't think I'm going to reach goal. But I am hoping to get close to it as possible :)

(4 weeks to go!)

CaliSweden: lose 13lbs (4.4/13)

Plus side: scoured the op shops and found loads of jars, which I've now sterilised ready for the first round of preserve making- tomato and onion relish.

Down-side: beer calories then hangover eating have likely scuppered any weight loss this week.

Ok so I'm far from my goal so far, but at least this time I have a minus so it adds to the total goal weight :)

:smiley1842:Cranberry Christmas Challenge 2011 :smiley1842:
(3 weeks to go!)

CaliSweden: lose 13lbs (5.2/13)

(3 weeks to go!)

Ruth: Make homemade preserves for pressies - tomato and onion relish made, limoncello made and brewin', labels made. Just need to make mango chutney, and stick labels on everything.

Ruth: Lose 6 pounds by New Year - 1 pound gone :)

STS this week >_<​

(2 weeks to go!)

Ruth: Make homemade preserves for pressies - tomato and onion relish made, limoncello made and brewin', labels made. Just need to make mango chutney, and stick labels on everything.

Ruth: Lose 6 pounds by New Year - 1 pound gone :)

Back