Crash bang wallop!

k-nine

Hi all

Fell off the wagon! Lost 2lbs over Christmas, which I was quite happy about as I treated myself without going over the top. Then easily lost one pound. Then just as easily put it back on again. I'm not eating a massive amount - although I am, unusually, giving in to chocolate cavings - just drinking more white wine. Help!!!

Lots of excuses. I HATE this time of year. SAD big time. Lots of worries about nearest and dearest with illnesses, some of them quite serious. Husband is recovering from a heart attack (he is only 43), Dad has just been cleared of a similar complaint, aunt is currently in intensive care, which is impacting on my mum. Also, have been feeling really pre-menstrual. My cycles have always been really short but now they are ....well heaven knows and I feel like my insides are exploding. Also, everyone is telling me how great I look and how I really don't need to be losing more. My motivation has melted away.

So, what do I do now? Should I take a break or is this the beginning of the end for the new me? I look and feel like someone I used to know and I don't want to lose this feeling. On the other hand, at 48, I know I am never going to be the girl I used to be. Is a size 12 good enough? If I don't get to target, will I live to regret it?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

k9
x

What about going up the plans to a higher calorie intake ?

Maybe have a little break for you to get your head together - with all that has been going on around you it has bound to have had some effect.

Hope things improve for you

it sounds like you've been going through some tough times lately, I hope all of your loved ones health matters improve. You've done brilliantly with cd and if you're a size 12 then that's fantastic.

I fell of the wagon BIG TIME a few months ago and gained almost all of what I'd lost. I totally binged out for the past 3 months and I'm paying for it now. If you can come off cd and stick to 'proper' healthy eating then that may be the way to go for you. If you binge like me then I'd seriously think about sticking to cd until your nearer to goal. As I said earlier, a size 12 is something to be proud of, I bet you look great. but only you know if that's enough for you. My goal is to be a size 12. I can't wait to get there :D

good luck and I hope all goes well for you

xx sj xx

My target is to be a size 12. I'm a 14 and I personally think a size 12 is perfect. You'll still have womanly curves yet be slim. I think as long as you don't go crazy, then take a break and like someone else posted...get your head together. I'd just cut out as many carbs as you can i.e Pasta/bread/Pots/rice...keep them down to a minimum and have the odd chocolate bar.

Good luck hun and I hope all your family are soon fit and well.
x

Thanks for your replies, ladies. I'm feeling embarrassed about my whingey whiney posting last night. The truth is that most of the issues causing the worrying have died down. I was really strong during the midst of it all and now I've caved in! Well, I caved in last night anyway. TOM has arrived so feel less AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH and I have been really good so far today.

I went into town and bought some clothes in the sales as I am struggling to find things in my wardrobe that actually fit. Most were 12s but I am really a 12 to 14 and would prefer to be a 10 to 12. Also, I'm taking on board your point Sophia, a one which I know has been made before - if you don't get to target, you are more likely to stick it all back on. So, I'm going to stick to it - but perhaps not SS at this stage.

Thanks again.

k9
x

Hi K9, glad you are feeling a little better about things today. Just noticed your ticker and see your BMI is 25 so you should be on the plans and not SS - just thinking that may be why you are finding things so difficult at the mo.

Gxx

Thanks for that Georgie. My ticker is based on my weight naked first thing in the morning on my own scales and I haven't yet added the 2lbs I put on over Christmas back on. I am a few pounds heavier on my CDC's scales so she was happy for me to have a go at SSing for another week to get myself back into it. I have failed miserably though. Do you think it really does make a difference to how well you cope on SSing? Maybe 790 is the bast thing for me at the moment.
k9
x

what ever makes you happy!!!!!! if feeling great about yourself will, then continue, in your difficult time it wouldn't be guilty of you to focus on you (you may even find it will distract you) and in turn will give you better focus and lift your mood to help those dear and near to you.
Am sure your family would not want you to give in due to their illnesses, and may even be inspired by your will and determination, and hopefully find the strength to get better.
You've already done so well, so dont loose sight of your goals.
I really hope all your family memebers make a speedy recovery and remember we're all here for support whatever that may be.
:)

Do what right is for you hun?! And what you feel happy with.

But can i just say i gave up without reaching my ultimate goal & to honest although i'm a size 12 bottoms & 14 top i still feel that i've got an unfinished task & if i'm totally honest have felt like that for a long time. I decided to maintain but i kept putting on & losing the same half stones & it was driving me mad! That's why i'm back ssing, i put 10lbs on over Christmas :eek: by going a bit mad!!!

But now in the new year i decided that enough is enough & it time to get to my goal once & for all & to finish the task i originally set....xxx

Back