Craving 'real' food! Help?!

gemjar

Climbing the mountain...
Been on SS for 12 days now and not really found that hard until the past 2 days.

There was a buffet at work which I didn't touch a morsal of and ended up having to go out of the room. Then my family having treats like my Nanna's cooking and Mcd's; the smell, the lack of texture, it's all starting to drive me crazy.:argh:

How is it that it didn't bother me the first week and now it completely seems like torture?

In the end, I know it's my decision to stay on the wagon. And I haven't strayed even though I easily could have. I'm hoping that on Tuesday I can then get some bars, which may ease my bizarre and current food texture fetish lol!?

Anyone else feeling as though they craving something more than soups and shakes? Was even contemplating moving up a stage to get some food lol!

Hi :). Im on day 7 and have been 100%, felt fine this morning but WOW tonight I am soooo hungry (had plenty water as well). I'm actually going mad, belly's rumbling and I am craving something tasty. grrrr. You aren't alone. Think i'm gona have to go to bed just to get through tonight :-(. x

Hi gemjar,
I'm the same. Been fine for 7 days and suddenly today I'm craving something. Not hungry, just bored of the same tastes, it's q bit easier now, was awful about an hour ago, was close to caving, just watching my mate eat dinner, I'm enjoying the smell but not feeling like I want it anymore. It's strange, I expect it'll come and go, I don't remember this last time. We can do this, it's only food and it's not forever.

Stay strong! X

I'm so glad it's not just me! :)

The thing is, I *know* that I'm not hungry! It is just sheer greed and that is more frustrating! I suppose it's like any addict going cold turkey, they want what they can't have. (Sorry about the turkey reference!) I mean, I saw the middle of a random advert and saw some crisp things with a cream filled centre and thought,
"Oooh, those look nice!" Only to realise that they were a new brand of cat treats....

The shame and desperation!

Haha that made me giggle cause it sounds like something I would do :). I dont know whats going on with me tonight cause I am generally hungry. Maybe its because its my TOTM. I hope that's the reason (and I hope it passes soon) there's nothing worse than feeling hungry. Sorry if I'm rambling but this site is the only thing getting me through tonight (and my pack of cigarettes) grrrr. I smoke so much more on this diet and I hate it. xx

Haha. That's brilliant! Cat treats!

Yeah I do that a lot, everything edible I see I want, and then promise myself I can have it when I reach my goal, what I want changes hourly. I have in the past given into these cravings and come off plan, trust me, it's never as good as you think it's gonna be. Not worth it.

Let us stand united in our mission to get slim!

It was a miracle that I didn't say it out loud, I was at my bf's parents house lol!

Was thinking of just doing SS+ and alternating the weeks so at least I can taste real food at some point. Dunno how that would work, would it still be as effective?

Then have been reading on here that the bars stop you from losing for a little bit when you first go on them. Noooo!

I smoke when I'm stressed, normally for short periods of time, I didn't think you were allowed on CD? Or is that Lighter Life? Am very tempted now hahaha!

I will lose weight. It is my choice. I will get into a size 12/14.

Between ss and ss+ I don't think there's much in it loss wise. Do whatever keeps you on plan!

I don't recall the bars slowing my weight loss before, I suppose everyone reacts differently. Some people plateau on CD, I never did... Hope I don't jinx myself.

I smoked like a chimney the last time I dis CD and my councillor knew this and didn't say anything. I also met another councillor who smoked through the diet too. I quit smoking in November.... Well there have been relapses, and to be honest I smoked through the first two days of the diet this time just to get me through it, an thankfully haven't felt the need to smoke since Wednesday.

You will do this,

Thanks, really appreciate the support. Think I would have had the leftover pasta downstairs by now if you and Katie-18 hadn't posted tonight!

Thanks again! :bunnydance:

Hi girls. Well im pleased to say I also got through last night. phew it was touch and go haha. Feel so much better today. How you guys doing today? xx

Well done girlies. Last night was rocky for me too, but I had my WI this morning and lost 6lbs! It's worth it not giving in!!

I'm sooooo doing this!

Woohoo well done, thats a great loss. Hope mine is good on thursday. xx

I'm better thanks! Ended up on a school trip walking everywhere with kids so ended up having to have a ss+ meal before I ended up on the floor. Think it's def being busy that helps though!

And another birthday buffet was on today and I didn't feel the need to go out of the room to avoid it wooo!

Quick&Painful thats a fab result! Have my weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed it's just as good as yours! :)

Oow good luck for weigh in Gemjar, keep us updated :), can't wait for mine on thursday woohoo. xx

Oh by the way... what height are you hun? Just I noticed we are similar weight with similar targets. x

I'm hoping that on Tuesday I can then get some bars, which may ease my bizarre and current food texture fetish lol!?

Anyone else feeling as though they craving something more than soups and shakes? Was even contemplating moving up a stage to get some food lol!

I am on week 9 now, I have been having 1 bar a day since the third week and they really do help with the texture issue. Have you tried mix-a-mousse that also might help. I have had a few SS+ days these last 2 weeks especially when active and that really helps me stay on plan. They haven't really changed my weight losses.
Hope this helps :D. Jayne x

Oh by the way... what height are you hun? Just I noticed we are similar weight with similar targets. x

I'm 5'6'', so not too far away! x

Thanks for the info flab fighter; makes me feel better! I'm hanging on and hoping they will do the trick! x

Between ss and ss+ I don't think there's much in it loss wise. Do whatever keeps you on plan!

I don't recall the bars slowing my weight loss before, I suppose everyone reacts differently. Some people plateau on CD, I never did... Hope I don't jinx myself.

I smoked like a chimney the last time I dis CD and my councillor knew this and didn't say anything. I also met another councillor who smoked through the diet too. I quit smoking in November.... Well there have been relapses, and to be honest I smoked through the first two days of the diet this time just to get me through it, an thankfully haven't felt the need to smoke since Wednesday.

Why no smoking...?? I too am like a chimney....

Back