Crazy life of Chilli

well as this is day one with exante, and as I have my art group I run this afternoon - I provide tea and biscuits/nibbles that although I want to follow IF and usually don't eat until later, that I'd be better making sure I'm not hungry this afternoon. I was also excited to try out an exante pack and see if I liked it. But as I'm sat here pondering that I quite like the vanilla shake which I chose to try first that I CAN move my IF window. Just because I've always had it later in the day doesn't mean I have to. I don't have to do the same every day either, I can have an earlier one on a Tuesday and a later one other days. So today I will eat my last thing by 1730 and that will be ok.

Evenings can be a weak point but I'm actually thinking I tend to go to bed earlier than I used to and watch a movie/docu/whatever before I sleep and I don't eat when I do that. More likely if I stay downstairs near the fridge lol. I 'think' I know what my habits and downfalls are, but actually they have changed since I'm not doing my nightshifts at the moment. Always evolving this chilli...

Anyhoo. I measured my waist, hips and boobage this morning as well, figured I need to try to keep my motivation high. Now that I've decided to try this I have that magic figure of 154lb's in mind. I may update my tracker to that number actually rather than the longer term number. Mind tricks help me.

So provided it goes well and I like the packs (lets be honest I've so far tried only one but I liked plenty of the cambridge and lighterlife ones) I'm going to try to really commit. 12 weeks. I want at least a stone off as that will bring me the furthest forwards I've been this year, but ideally I want to lose 25lb's and that's what I'm going to set my sights on and imagine happening.

Today I'm wearing all new clothes. I have on indigo jeggings, a green floral Joe browns top, an oversized grey cardi and my red boots which match a colour in the top. I feel comfortable and stylish (by my standards) and generally better in my skin than I did certainly a year ago. I'll try and get a pic maybe later.

If I lose 25lb's all my clothes will be too big... but I will be able to alter many of them lol.

Right I best get a move on, bye for now miniminners

Thanks LadyF. Well I managed my art group and didn't eat the biscuits. I put out some cubes of cheese and pickled onions as well so I had a little of that but not much at all. I've just had my 2nd shake (cinnamon swirl) and I'm enjoying it too.

I was going to have lorne sausage and an egg for dinner, but having looked at the calories, one slice is 200cals and that's not much if I'm eating I'd want more than a mouthful. 2 slices sausage and an egg would come in at about 500 calories! So I will need to rethink such things. Today for ease I think I'll just take a 4th pack. Also I've actually not got enough time to eat everything before 1730 as planned so perhaps on Tuesdays I won't worry about IF. I don't want to cram in 3 food packs now in 2 hours.

Altho I might also just have 3 packs and perhaps a small cheese salad... decisions decisions.

On the note of a 4th product I'd say that was a great idea cos doing the "small meal " thing is very hard to calculate. I think my supposed small meal was much larger than it should have been due to being so hungry. I got better losses with 4 products.

After making the lorne sausage for the kids I really wanted it lol. So I compromised and ate only the one piece. With the cheese earlier I've probably had about 250 cals food, plus 3 food packs. The choc orange bar was ok - not amazing but ok. Also I've managed to eat it all and it's just 1730 now so I made my 8 hour window. I'll not have anything else until tomorrow morning or afternoon if I can manage.

I do think 4 packs per day makes sense, no having to count etc. A 4 week box will last 3 weeks but I think that's ok for money as well, actually cheaper than eating food lol. Early days but I've done ok today I think. I'm only on 1.5litres water though so need to push on with that.

So that's day 1 done. 3 food packs, 1 piece of Lorne sausage, 2 cubes of cheese and 2 pickled onions. Also 2350ml of fluids which is below target as I'm aiming for 3000ml.

Other than the water it's actually not been difficult and I've not been hungry so that's pretty good so far.

Assuming I'm going to do this for 3 months (probably with occasional days off) that's 1 day done 83 to go.

Also, today's clothes. I'm aware I don't look slim, but I felt good and that's what matters

Attachments

• 20211012_152955.jpg
    20211012_152955.jpg
    676.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20211012_152916.jpg
    20211012_152916.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20211012_152834.jpg
    20211012_152834.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for the comments

it's not a top I'd usually choose but I liked the colours, and you can't really see it in the pic but it's got a little frill in the same fabric around the bottom. Those boots are my favourite new thing I can see them being on most of the winter lol.

I'm wearing the same today, I typically will wear things for 2 or 3 days depending on what I'm doing, but I've got my proper walking boots on as planning a long walkie with the pup today.

I'm going to take son to school, then come back and choose which packs to have today but probably won't have any till later, After thinking about where to place the eating window yesterday I'm still a little unsure what I want so I'll try some things out. I was thinking generally that longer term cutting out late night eating might be a better idea, it's rare I'll probably do a nightshift these days too. I'm going to try 10-1800 for a few days and see how that goes.

Love the outfit Chilli. You look great. I love Paisley patterns with leggings and boots. I am still in my summer cotton trousers which fortunately have a tie waist as they are massive now. I must dig out my winter stuff soon and see what, if any fit. I am trying to avoid late night snacking while watching craft videos too by keeping my window earlier.

hi @ladybird777 thankyou :) I wouldn't have chosen it before but deliberately changing things up a little. up here in Scotland our temp has dropped lately and it's very autumnal, leaves flying about everywhere, I love it!

Late night snacking is definitely a BAD thing.

So my son is away tonight and daughter tends to drift in and out anyway, so I'm going to have 4 packs today. I've taken out a banana shake, a mint choc shake, butternut squash soup and a bar, a forget which one. I've decided to be open minded soon and try the frappe - you never know I might like it even though I think I won't.

Random observations - VLCD's have changed as I'm sure when I did mine in the past it was 3 packs, and 600 cals. So I guess the research and guidance has changed, but the 800 cals/day I think is good for me to switch to the BSD once I decide to stop (or even for a day off in the process)

My other observation is that some of these packs are fairly high in carbs and sugar, typically the packs I've looked at has about 15g of carbs, 10g sugar, so taking 4 makes 60g. Still lower carb than the typical western diet off course, but not what I'd properly consider 'low carb' although having said that I've not looked at 'net carbs' i probably should before making judgements...

Anyway all of this makes me feel that IF this works for me, then I should manage to continue to lose on the BSD on the same calories but deliberately less carbs.

That's my rambling over for now. byeeee

ok, so the packs are between 13 and 17g carbs most of them, and between 4 and 5g fibre, so net carbs will be anything from 8-13g which I guess is lower carb than a meal with typical bread, potato or rice, but definitely higher than a deliberately low carb or keto meal.

I had a choc mint shake at about 11am in the end - again I liked it, and I'm doing better with my water today as I'm already on 1350. I am realising I need to pee a lot 🤣 which only goes to show how much water I wasn't drinking :eek: I'm sure it will settle down.

I was hoping to take the pup a decent walk but I'm really feeling the need to be near the loo lol. I think what I'll do is finish this cupful, and then wait until I've emptied my bladder again before heading out. Clearly I'm getting older as never had to consider such things before!

Perhaps I'll head up to the local windfarm for our walk, it's a lovely day and usually deserted up there... so if I did need a pee behind a bush I'd be ok lol.

On a positive note I haven't felt hungry yesterday or today so I guess my body really is just used to switching back and forth now with my different ideas.

Probably your body flushing out lots of water weight!

I'm a late night snacker too, with my snack of choice at the moment being a small bowl of pork scratchings lol - but I need to rein it in.

we had our windfarm walk :) I was absolutely desperate for the toilet by the time I got home haha, but I do remember that settles a little. I also think I may be due a period and my bladder never seems as able over those times.

I've also eaten a salted caramel bar, which I really liked, and I'm up at 2800ml fluids so I'm feeling like a winner today.

I don't need to cook as my son is away and there is already food prepared for daughter which may or may not be eaten, but I don't need to be tempted. I'll have the banana shake later.

It is difficult to resist late at night @ladyfelsham and I think harder for you too being up through the night with your RLS, I used to be a terrible sleeper and often night time nibbled lol.

Glad you got home in time :).

I have lots of LC things ready to nibble on, just in case, although I'm finding the cravings aren't as bad on LC - I get through cups of tea though! :D,

just realised the time so now I'm cramming in a banana shake before my 7pm deadline. That will then be me done until at least 10am tomorrow.

I added a little extra water this time as I feel they could be watered down a bit and still be good, only an extra 30mls but still. It's just as nice so far.

Looks like I have a good chance of liking most of the packs at least passively, I'm deliberately trying ones I've not tried yet every time I take one. So that's 7 I've tried and I've really enjoyed 6/7 and not hated the 7th.

I just need one more glass of fluid and I'll be over the 3litres. I'll probably go to bed early for a movie, earlier than usual - just to make sure I don't eat anything lol.

I've just had a chat with daughter about what I'm doing and why. Her and I had recently agreed to have a mummy/daughter date once a fortnight (she works a 9 day fortnight) as we don't really do much together these days as she's always busy with her friends now/boyfriend etc. We are going to go for lunch but I've decided that on the lunch day I'll just have 2 packs, and be careful with what I order. It will be nice for us to have that little bit of quality time together, and I think she needs to be shown that she is valued, because sadly my ex isn't doing so. I don't imagine it will make much difference if I deliberately order something lower in carbs.

so... 2 days done, 82 to go!

I think it is good to go with your daughter for lunch. I used to take all my daughters out separately for lunch and shop browse, sometimes buying things they needed or wanted, cos there is 4 of them, born close together and it gave them some one to one attention. They really enjoyed those times and when ex was in hospital and it was an all day trip to visit him they drew up a rota for who was going with me. We used to go for tea between visiting times. They value those memories now.

Last edited:
Back