Crazy life of Chilli

Oh it's fab that you're feeling really motivated hun that's great news.

And I'd be the same re putting the food all in order - I've never been happier with a kitchen than mine at the moment - everything has a place, all bits and bobs are in little boxes (left over cardboard cat food containers lol), it's all neat and tidy and I just love it :).

I agree the same amount of weight loss on different people can look widely different Hormones can play a significant part in weight gain or generally feeling bloated and sluggish.

The weather is definitely getting colder and heating being put on at times now as I am chilly . Hot drinks will help keep you warm.

just did a spot of shopping and it has just reaffirmed why I don't go shopping normally on a Saturday, It was busy and people impatient with me cos I am slow. Had to bite my tongue a couple of times so as not to be rude. I know I am slow with having MS but people tutting doesn't make me go any faster. When I get to a convenient spot I stand aside to let people pass but so many people now in such a rush and no time. right my rant is over lol Having my cuppa then tackling the evening meal.

@purpleorc I hate shopping when it's busy too, lots of people are just selfish and rude. It's no reflection on you it just says a lot about them!

I got up to 3050litres fluid and finished my days food with a drink from exantes 'juiced' range. Peach and mango. It was nice but very much a big drink, you mix 2 scoops powder with 500ml water and I felt it was too much in one go. Next time I'll have it in 2 halves.

@ladyfelsham those Cat food boxes would actually be perfect, maybe I should get a cat 🤣

@ChilliQueen thankyou for your kind words. When I was really poorly I had to use m scooter. There you found two sorts of people one who cut you up and ignored your existence. Or there were some really kind and helpful people who I am very grateful for.

the horrible people in society become suddenly much more visible I think, when we feel even a little vulnerable. They are best ignored tho @purpleorc

well, day 6 begins. I used my idea of randomising and just put my hand in the box and I tried the berry yoghurt this morning it wasn't bad. Not my fav but certainly passable. It had little bits of some type of cereal and dehydrated berries in it. For later I have a strawberry shake, a banana shake and a strawberry bar so it's a fruity day.

I had a minor bout of IBS this morning just some spasms rectified by a visit to the toilet (sorry tmi lol)

I'm not blaming exante as historically I have been troubled off and on by this for periods of time and randomly. It often happens at menstruation time too.

So 950mls drank and 1 berry yoghurt done.

Back later

@purpleorc I hate shopping when it's busy too, lots of people are just selfish and rude. It's no reflection on you it just says a lot about them!
Completely agree, people are so selfish and stupid - proved by the lack of mask wearing IMHO!

Don't you worry about them love, you do what you need to do in your own time - just picture them being egged or splahsed from head to toe with sewerage LOL.

@ChilliQueen the cat food boxes are dotted all over the house! I did think last night that I might cover them, I've got some sweet spotty paper in different colours. That's another job on the night shift list :). Random thought but maybe you could ask the local cat rescue if they have boxes they regularly get rid of - be ever so handy for craft stuff!

@ChilliQueen if you have ibs like me often a balancing act at keeping it on an even keel. Before Sjogren's, I had bouts now and again usually related to either my menstrual cycle or if I was stressed. But since Sjogren's it has got progressively worse. This can be a symptom of the condition. The secretions in your body dry up or try to dry up. So this includes tears, saliva and blood to name a few. Hence I am on warfarin as I got blood clots in my lungs not an experience I want to relive again. Passing out in street , carted off to hospital spent 9 days in there mostly on oxygen, then iv antibiotics cos I got a infection in my lungs. But as horrid as this was, I still have a few moments I can laugh about. one being a male nurse said I have come to give you a bed bath. I said I don't think you have lol I was pretty much self caring. But 95% of the wards patients needed total care hence the male nurse thought I needed a bed bath lol

@ladyfelsham thanks I agree with you on the mask front. I think it is too early to be going without a mask unless you are exempt for medical reasons. Nobody likes wearing them but I do it to protect myself and others. I am at present waiting for my booster but I believe it will be around November to December as it said 6 months after your second part of the vaccine. My mum and my niece a frontline worker both had their booster shots this week. Both said they experience arm pain this time around but a small price to pay to be protected IMO

Off to tackle Sunday lunch not your typical roast though. I am making braised beef with veg/mushrooms. Veg already done potatoes/carrot and swede / cabbage and leeks/ broccoli and cauliflower. Then later on SW version of homemade rice pudding. really looking forward to it. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

@ladyfelsham I have plenty boxes for my craft stuff, my neighbour has a couple of cats, I may see if she uses them, it could separate my packs into an organisation. But having said that - my new love of the unknown and all that, I don't really mind the lucky dip.

@purpleorc that sounds like an awful experience, My Dad had a lung clot and it was awful to see him in so much pain. He's been through lots of things but that was the one time I looked at him and thought we were about to lose him any moment.

I agree with both of you about the masks, they kept the guidance in Scotland so most of us still wear them in shops etc, many people I know who have travelled south recently comment how they notice a difference as soon as they cross the border. I have an English friend though who says his Asthma is much better since mask wearing, and I suspect he will continue - which just goes to show? it's not just covid that can be helped.

I had the strawberry bar, I found it also quite hard. Maybe it's just my weak teeth but I am definitely finding the bars tricky. I've found a swap and sell group for exante on FB so I may consider using it if I find a lot I don't like over the weeks ahead.

One of my best friends went to a wedding recently, no one at the reception was wearing a mask, even throughout the party, which went on until the wee hours. Result - she and about 20 others got Covid. And she'd been double vaxxed. I honestly think people believe that having both jabs gives them completely immunity - something the government messaging has quietly encouraged!

Re the bars, would they soften up in the microwave?

that's a real shame about your friend @ladyfelsham I hope everyone didn't get too sick and recovered well. It's my understanding that the vaccines only mean you don't get it as badly and are a bit less likely to be symptomatic and therefore contagious. It's always been stated that it isn't like a traditional vaccine. In fact I'm not even sure they should be calling it a vaccine - it's misleading. They should just call it a drug that helps. It definitely does help - the outbreak in my carehome was drastically different (when most were double vaccinated) when compared to the outbreak described by a relative in her care home at the beginning of covid before vaccines. Hers was something out of a horror story, ours although not pleasant was drastically less impactful and drastically less numbers or symptoms. It is a surprise to me when I have heard and seen so much from reliable sources that there are still a number of care home staff buying into the conspiracy theories and not wanting to have their doses.

Having said that I do believe it should be a choice, but I am surprised at some of their reasons. I think the majority of us have taken it. I was horrendously exposed a few months back and managed to avoid it so I'm convinced it does help even though it isn't 100%.

I'm trading my shake for one of the pot meals tonight, I might try the bolognese. I may try the bars in the micro and see, good suggestion :)

haha happy prancing is always good!

Well I THOUGHT I was being a bit naughty by not worrying about the fact I have milk in my tea - but I have discovered that you're allowed 100ml per day of semi skimmed, and I don't have that much in a day.

I ate a Daal pot as my 4th pack and it was actually quite nice.

I have however been naughty tonight, but I also see it as a win...

The mince was still frozen and I don't like defrosting it in the micro I always find it goes lumpy. So I didn't cook spag bol for son as planned. As a quick fix I made them pizza. It looked soooo yummy on the tray... the ones I buy are small - medium sized and I cut them into 1/8's so really very small slices. I just thought oooh I know I'm gonna mess this up... but then I thought but I can make it less. I scraped the topping off one small slice and gave the dog the base, so all I ate was a little cheese, tomato and pepperoni. Then as soon as it was cool the rest went in a tub out of sight and mind in the fridge as daughter will use it for lunches.

I could so easily have just eaten half a pizza, but although I wasn't perfect I still made a better choice. It could have been so much worse.

I've been reading that many people skip between the plans on exante. Some follow 800 during the week but allow themselves 1000 or 1200 at the weekend. I think for me that if I did that every weekend I'd probably struggle to lose, but it's nice to know if I went over now and then it probably won't really matter too much. However following 800 most days until end of 2021 I think gives me the best chance of getting to 154 as quickly as I can.

I'm on 2800ml of fluid so far.

I think you did incredibly well hun, I'd normally inhale a whole pizza and not even blink! :D

And it's good to know that there's some leeway between cal levels too. When I tried 5:2 I used to make a soup up out of courgettes and herb stock pots - it was so low in cals, 100 cals for the lots, and I sipped at it throughout the day, to beat that cold feeling you mentioned in an earlier post.

yes I've definitely been feeling the cold. I've been having lots of my flavoured water hot to help!

Well my scales tell me I'm another 0.5 down so that's 3 now. I'm only beginning day 7 today but I'm going to log my weight Mondays. I'm still menstruating so may lose a bit more too but 3lb's is enough and a happy start for me. I don't think I even lost 3lb in my first week doing lc? I actually can't remember.

Well I have had my first example of 'can't eat that' lol

My random pick this morning was the choco puffs. you add the pack to 200ml cold water. Imagine a few sorry spoons of soggy rice crispies floating in slightly thick chocolate milk. I couldn't decide between drinking it or eating it with a spoon. I settled on tipping it into my dogs bowl. I'll take the hit on that one, I'm now just finishing a much more pleasant salted caramel shake.

considering how many I've tried over the past 6 days that's not bad to be the first one I couldn't face eating lol. It was unexpected though I assumed that one would be ok. Just goes to show. Also I think there were only 2 of those in each box, so I've only 5 of them to do something with.

oh well. I should really measure myself but as I'm menstruating I don't want to be misled if I'm bloated so I may just measure next week instead. I have a geeky spreadsheet for the next 3 months with weight, hips, bust and waist on it :D

Dull and rainy day today. I'm popping over to a friends house shortly to try and fix a leak then I'll probably try and get some sewing done, son is on school hols so will try and do some painting with him maybe. We've square canvases to paint minecraft character faces on :)

I love geeky spreadsheets - that's so my thing, and lists, lots and lots of lists :).

Shame about the choc puffs, they sound like they would be nice, but as you say, you just can't tell. Well done on the 3lbs so far.

thankyou guys.

well it's getting towards bedtime and I'm really tired for some reason tonight.

I attempted and failed to fix friends leak going to need some bits. Then helped son do some painting, chilled when he did some Hamma beads. We watch the first x-men movie together, it's a 12 but he loved it. Kids movies don't really keep his attention anymore.

I cooked a big pot of corned beef hash which is now it tubs for freezing, and a big pot of bolognese. Son loves spag bol and I can have a portion of bolognese with something lower carb. Tonight I ate a small portion of corned beef hash so I didn't have a 4th pack.

today has been salted caramel shake, choc cranberry bar (which actually was ok not as hard as some have been) and a banana shake. I've struggled with fluids and only managed 2litres. Honestly it is a lot more than I used to drink.

Back