Crazy life of Chilli

thanks @ladybird777 yes that was me too, juggling the overdraft and shuffling things around all the time. I hope you can find a way forward too x

now that I have a new microwave and can melt stuff without risking a house fire... I had the absolutely lush brunch of strawberries dunked in dark chocolate. Not 100% keto but not off the rails silly either a delicious treat. You know this eating psychology malarkey - we feel we need to eat meat and veg before we're allowed 'pudding' but then that's just collectively more food isn't it? I've just basically had 'pudding' for lunch and I'm happy. I had 7 strawberries, and 2 squares of dark choc.

I've been saying it all week, but I really need to get these keto naan's cooked 😆

going to make roast chicken for dinner, and have the rest of the can of ratatouille with it that I used half of yesterday. and maybe some roots fries. I'll take some of my freezer stash to work hopefully with a keto naan - I still have soup, curry and pulled pork frozen. I might make a new pot of soup, my good friend I'll be working with for the next few nights loves my soup and so does her daughter so I sometimes bring some in for her to take home. The last batch has a bit too much chilli for her daughter I think.

Right best go get some stuff done.

Morning all :) well my scales have shown me 2lb's down so I'm now 12.5lb's down from when I started woohoo. I measured too as I haven't done for a while but I can't actually remember what my last measurements were so I'd need to search back, but for now I'm 43, 36, 48. I think bust and hips are probably the same but waist is down, but I don't trust my memory 100%

Son is off to school and I'm just back, having a quick cuppa, then I'm adding a few more things to the car for the skip run, then go empty it at the recycle centre. Stepping forward slowly.

Plan after skip run is to take the dog for walkies, then do a bit more tidying, perhaps a teeny bit sewing and then I've a friend popping round to sit in garden for a cuppa at 1400.

Work tonight :rolleyes: o_O:eek:
Excellent loss this week your so close to losing a stone. Seems like you have a busy day ahead.

Fab loss Chilli, well done!!!

Those strawberries would have been lush, dipped in chocolate mmmm!

Enjoy your weekend hun and try and get the body to relax, you're safe and warm and happy, and all is going to be good xx

Thanks guys. I had roast chicken, cauli hash browns, ratatouille and treated myself to one mini Yorkshire pudding for dinner. I'm taking leftover chicken to work.

I came across this quote - I posted it on Facebook a year ago

The worst use of imagination is anxiety. And the best use of imagination is creativity.” - Deepak Chopra...

Oh how that resonates in my soul. Its time to be creative and imagine all good things.

Now... let's see if I can have a loss at the end of a nightshift week for a change!

Earlier I thought maybe I should break one night time habit at a time. So I decided I'd eat sandwiches if I felt like it but not the biscuits. So it's my pledge this week to eat no biscuits at work. Bye bye bourbon biscuits lol. I also meant to bring my truvia sweetners for cups of tea, but I forgot. I'll try and remember tomorrow.

In other news most of our shifts are staffed now, and the next couple of extras I'd put in for to help out are now overstaffed, so I am able to drop them. This means that this is my last run of 6, and as of next time I'll be back to only 5, which doesn't sound like a big difference but does actually feel better. For some reason I find 6 a lot harder than 5.

Oh lordie me too, once got a long tunic stuck across my shoulder blades! it was chiffon too and I was terrified I'd tear it.

Inch by inch I finally managed to wriggle out of it, and then fled lol.

yes haha and not always when we are overweight either, a slim person can get stuck if they pick the wrong size too!

Well I had to stay up till 10 am as son is off to his Dad's for tonight but that's good as I always feel a bit guilty sleeping through a weekend when he is here. Slept off and on since, but been up a few hours now.

I've eaten strawberries, some dark choc, nuts, cauli hash browns and chicken curry. I have soup to bring to work tonight. I also ate a packet of sunbite crisps that I shouldnt have... on a positive note I did not eat biscuits at work, I did have a couple of little sandwiches tho. I've already popped a pack of my sweetner of choice in my work bag for tonight so I can at least stop having sugar in my tea there. I'll try to avoid the biscuits again tonight too. I think this is helpful, to only rule out one thing at a time with a view to improving how I manage at work. It doesn't feel as difficult as saying not allowed anything. The sweetner instead of sugar isn't a bother for me so it doesn't feel like I'm deprived if I have the sweetner, it was always just about remembering to bring it. They have sweetner at work but it's just your everyday sucralose type and it's not looked upon favourably in the keto info. I've chosen to use truvia for most things. In this way I am hopefully gradually improving what I do at work, it might never be perfect, but one can always do better than before. I'd love to get to the point where I can lose a little on a nighshift week rather than only losing every second week.

I've been pondering what to do in my garden now that I can plan such things. My front garden is small and gravelled. full of weeds coming thru. Back garden large with about 1/3 paving - I have a cabin and gazebo there and some garden furniture. The rest is gravelled, full of weeds and kids play stuff. My son is still young I don't want to take away his play area yet, I plan to just tidy the area and I love reusing things, I have access to as much tyres as I want so I'm going to make tyre planters, paint them and just brighten and tidy the place up. That will be minimal cost but still a LOT of actual work. I'd also like to plant a tree, and I'm going to make an area my tortoise can safely stomp around in on hotter days. The front garden... I'd love to do something unique. I'll possibly create a flower bed but undecided yet, and I am pondering making it into one large pebble mosaic. There are 2 large drain covers that have plant pots filled with gravel in them currently, just to weight them down - I was scared kids or even adults would knock the covers off and fall in. I'm a little paranoid about some strange things haha. It's nice to be able to ponder knowing I can actually act on my ideas when I decide what I really want. I'll be focussing on the house most of this year, but it makes sense to take a few months over summer and do some garden work.

Longer term ideas for the back garden can wait until my son is older and outgrows his play areas. Everything was bought when he was 2, with 10 year warranties, so in another 4 years he'll be 12 and I'll be concerned about the structural safety so I think that seems a good time to plan to get rid of it all. At 12 I doubt he'll be too bothered about having a shute, trampoline and swings at home, he'll have the freedom of our village by then. We are fortunate to live in one of the world and even UK's safer places.

well that's me up to date with my ramblings, so I'm gonna go chill and have a shower before heading to work in a bit.

Lovely to catch up with your diary, plans and doings. You are getting more done than I am!

Well last night wasn't great. I did avoid the biscuits, I did use my sweetners, I did have 2 small sandwiches but I didn't eat my soup. Neither me nor my colleague were on form last night we both fell out with our daughters in the evening. It is mostly blown over now. Thankfully work wise it was the quietest shift we've had in months.

Today I've eaten some soup and some cheese, tomato and salad cream on littlegem lettuce leaves. So far so good.

I've been looking at garden ornaments, but nothing feels quite right. I'm sure I'll find things I like when I start working on it though, and by summer I'll probably be a bit happier about getting out to garden centres to look properly.

I left my soup in the work fridge so I'll probably eat it in the night..

I'm sat watching the Absolutely Fabulous Movie

I caved and ate a bourbon last night whoops lol, but 2 night out of 3 I didn't so I'm getting better 😁 I slept longer than usual today as well. I seem to lose the days and nights on my run of nights, hardly anything gets done other than feeding the kids most days. Good thing though is once this run is over I'm back to only doing 5 on and 9 off, and obviously the days off are a great compensation for me.

I just need to get my bum in gear and turn my mind to creativity properly on my time off which was always the original plan. My craft room is ready to go :) still a bit of sorting needing done but it's all set up for sewing and painting and a clear table for my laptop, also plan to get a desktop soon for this space which will hopefully inspire my writing. I wrote one story of a planned trilogy a number of years ago and have several people on at me periodically because they want to know what happens next lol. The first one isn't especially well written though - I plan to revisit it properly and rewrite the whole trilogy together and then publish it as a 3 in1. I have a bunch of poetry I want to release as well. It's so easy to self publish on amazon.

I can certainly feel the fire of creativity returning more to me, perhaps this crazy chilli is ready to finally really rise from the ashes of the past few years..

I caved and ate a bourbon last night whoops lol, but 2 night out of 3 I didn't so I'm getting better 😁 I slept longer than usual today as well. I seem to lose the days and nights on my run of nights, hardly anything gets done other than feeding the kids most days. Good thing though is once this run is over I'm back to only doing 5 on and 9 off, and obviously the days off are a great compensation for me.

I just need to get my bum in gear and turn my mind to creativity properly on my time off which was always the original plan. My craft room is ready to go :) still a bit of sorting needing done but it's all set up for sewing and painting and a clear table for my laptop, also plan to get a desktop soon for this space which will hopefully inspire my writing. I wrote one story of a planned trilogy a number of years ago and have several people on at me periodically because they want to know what happens next lol. The first one isn't especially well written though - I plan to revisit it properly and rewrite the whole trilogy together and then publish it as a 3 in1. I have a bunch of poetry I want to release as well. It's so easy to self publish on amazon.

I can certainly feel the fire of creativity returning more to me, perhaps this crazy chilli is ready to finally really rise from the ashes of the past few years..
Don't be too hard on yourself I am sure you haven't derailed your efforts. Working nights are hard I know from experience.

Chilli i think you're doing brilliantly, and you're right to focus on the evenings where you didn't have the biscuits - 2 out of 3 is fab, compared to what it coul have been.

And how exciting that you've now got the headpsace to think about your crafts, etc. Shout if you'd like a proofreader for your writing, it's one of the things I do for work (but free to my Mini friends of course :)).

last night was a crazy, unrelenting shift, and due to my daughters thoughtlessness I only had 3 hours sleep. She's been told to not order things when she knows they will be delivered when I am asleep. I've told her if it happens again I'm turning her parcel away, she's had several chances and warnings. Thankfully tonight is my last night, I'm done in and looking forward to finishing tomorrow morning, and next time I'm in, it's back to 5 instead of 6 at least.

I ate all kinds of nonsense... :rolleyes:

I'm thinking I might bring forwards my plan to buy a new computer, the order in which things happens doesn't matter really I can pick and choose. I want an imac. ridiculous extravagance but I don't like windows, and I want to get back to the writing sooner rather than later. It's a macbook I have but it's getting very old now. There is a new mac released later this month and I am almost seduced by the funky colours but the reality is if I must have a mac, I should really go for the 2020 edition and save £200. As it's going to be used for household budget spreadsheets, small business accounts, social media, writing and kids homework I don't really need the newest and fanciest one. Although the colours are lovely... however I'm going to be strong and just get the existing model :eek: it's still an extravagance, but I've not afforded myself a luxury item in over 4 years really. I think it's time.

I really appreciate your offer @ladyfelsham and it is very generous of you. I may well take you up on it, thank you.

Right I need to get the boy up for breakfast and school! bye for now

Frustrating to have your daughter be so thoughtless. She should use a pick up place.

Have you looked at reconditioned it? Mr AliGal has bought reconditioned n the past - it's worked out well. https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/mac

I may get a parcel bin set up st side of house. I can put a note on door when I'm sleeping. We live in a fairly safe place, my neighbour has cctv, and the items are never high value anyway. Mind you the dog barks as soon as a foot touches the gravel in the drive 🤷‍♀️. Ah well last night on tonight!

I am not a student, and the kids have access to school laptops if needed, so I wouldn't qualify for anything like that. Daughter has a chrome book at the moment from school.

I did look at refurbished imacs, but the cost is only a little lower, I'd expect a better discount for something pre-owned albeit refurbished. I decided to just do it, so I ordered one, picking it up tomorrow. blame the adhd lol.

I'm really looking forward to my 9 nights off. I've some more bits coming for my house generally as well as a few more things for craft room as well as my imac. After this there will be no spending until June, when I have an ikea order planned 😁.

My calm has returned, the anxiety of the other day passed. I'm so grateful to have the mortgage sorted. My son came home today having burst the zip on his school bag, being able to let him choose another one without having to worry about making it through the month is amazing. We really were only scraping by, any unexpected expense was difficult, even expected expenses were difficult!

Back