Crazy life of Chilli

well I haven't fasted all week, in fact I've been a pretty rubbish chilli for food the whole week. I'll get back on it... in my defence it's been a crazy week.

Monday I was crafting and had school meeting. Tuesday I was crafting and took daughter to interview, wednesday I was crafting and helping a friend saw legs off a bed, Thursday I was crafting had a walk with a friend also starting a new business and visited my parents, We also heard on Thursday that daughter is offered the apprenticeship in nursery she wanted so that's AWESOME. Friday I was crafting and had lunch with friends, all wrapped around the usual daily stuff of dog walking and kids. I absolutely loved this past week and I hope I can genuinely work towards giving up my normal job and focus on crafting all the time, last week was just a wonderful mishmash of hours creating and hours of living.

Off course, I need to get a handle on my eating tho...

I tallied it up and I 'worked' for 23 hours in total but as I had to take time out on the days I should have had full days for meetings and interviews I think that's not too bad.

I'm loving playing with the embroidery machine, it's my favourite new thing!

I won't get much done now till Friday as I'm about to start my usual run of nightshifts. I also need to do the other half of the gravel and new weed control in the front garden and get that tree planted. Poor wee cherry still stuck in a pot! Actually I need to water it. I might try and get that done over the week rather than waiting for the weekend. Perhaps 3x1 hour segments rather than 3 hours all at once as I did with the other half. I dunno. I'll decide through the week. Son is with his Dad from 5pm Friday till sunday night so if I was free I could have 2 full days 'working' on my craft.

I'm not sure artist dates are realistic really through the school hols, so I'm giving those up until term time returns. (our kids finished on Friday for 7 weeks) Especially as I need to build stock for my online shop.

Next Friday also brings my new sofa and kallax from Ikea, so that will be the last thing I wanted for the house for a bit.

I still haven't painted the doors in the hall... I'm terrible haha.

Well that's me spilled all my news. MY DAUGHTER IS GOING TO BE AT WORK SOON!! I'm the parent of an actual young adult :eek:

That's great news about your daughter, congrats to her. You have had a busy week.

yes it's fabulous news, I think it will suit her well so I hope she makes a proper go of it.

That's my first nightshift over, gave colleague a run home because I needed to fill up on fuel anyway, now need to let the dog have a run about for a bit before I go to sleep.

Last night I was doing some sums with my workmate, I work 10 nights in a 28 day rota. If I dropped that to 8 (which would give me 2 full extra days to work on my craft business) guess how much worse off I'd be? Taking into account the fact my universal credits payments would go up and I'd not have to pay for 2 nights babysitting, I'd be worse off by £38 (I'm paid 4 weekly) Which makes me pretty annoyed to be honest. I work an extra 20 hours and am only better off by £38. It's no wonder people on benefits don't always want to work more, if you have travel expenses etc you can end up no better off.

In any case I'm thinking that for me those 2 extra days devoted to my own business would be much higher in value than £38 so I'm going to drop to 4 per fortnight when they will let me. It will also make things a little easier with daughter starting work etc, one morning less to worry about.

Congrats on your daughter’s job🎉
Sounds like you’ve been very busy😅
That’s mad with extra hours for not
Much extra pay!
That’s why I gave up working a Saturday morning at my place, because by the time tax etc had come off I was only approx £5 better off for 5 hours extra work 😬🤷‍♀️ - lesson learnt - weekends off!😂

Seems like weeks since I've checked in, but it was only Sunday and today is Thursday lol. I've been lost in the craziness of night shifts.

Some normal shifts a couple of bad ones, plenty to complain about but I won't bore you all with that.

I had a terrible day yesterday as I'd dropped son off at holiday club and went home to sleep, then overslept. I've never really slept past 4pm even when my son is away and I'm not thinking of him but yesterday somehow I slept past 6pm. I was awakened by my neighbour ringing my doorbell having been called by the club. Thank goodness for living in a small place.

Anyway, I felt terrible - still do to be honest- about it. But I'm trying to think of it from the perspective of if a friend had done it - I'd be saying no harm done something like it will happen to everyone. I'm trying to be kind to myself but it's a struggle.

Anyhoo... that's my last nightshift done for 9 nights so I don't need to worry about it again for now. I'll nap a bit this morning then try to get up to reset sleep for tonight.

I'm excited because we have ikea delivery tomorrow and will have a nice comfy new sofa, and a room dividing kallax which will really help sort out our family room and kitchen.

Food wise- honestly I've not been on it. I've not eaten huge amounts of anything though.

Weight wise - I've no idea, but I don't think I could have gained or lost anything much, my newer work trousers haven't gone tight and my older work trousers are still far too big. I'll weigh on Friday and go from there.

I emailed my manager yesterday morning about cutting my shifts down to 4 in a row instead of 5 (so 2 per week), I explained that my daughter was about to start work and we had agreed this was going to help us manage it (which is true) but really I want to build up my business and will do so and hopefully drop even more shifts in the future, perhaps going on to being a bank staff member, we will see.

It will certainly help me with my business as I'll have 2 full extra days free in a month to add to my list of creative days. I'll be busy over the next month in particular trying to get some stock made up and ready, but my shifts won't reduce until mid August as I didn't want to cause mayhem with the rota that's already made up, so I agreed to do the current planned shifts, changing when they make up the next lot.

OOh I do have one food related triumph to report. I've long had a concern over sugar in my tea and had switched to sweetner, but was concerned about that too as I do drink a lot of tea and that adds up to a lot of sweetner. A few days ago I'm not sure what inspired me, but I just decided one day to try my tea with only milk. First I tried my lady grey tea bags as they're slightly sweeter anyway so I thought would be more forgiving - I drank it. It was ok, still enjoyed it. So then I thought ok... I don't NEED sugar or sweetner in that, but probably still will in other tea. So I tried again with my other tea bags (tesco branded basic tea bags, cheapy ones) and found actually I still enjoyed that tea as well. So THEN I tried the tea bags at work and discovered I really don't need sugar or sweetner in ANY tea.

It's only taken my entire adult life to discover this. I'm 45. So now I take tea with just milk... for 3 or 4 days and I'm 100% sure that this is going to help me in my journey.

I used to have probably the equivalent of anywhere from 6-12 teaspoons per day, whereas now i'll only have it now and then if I do any baking or make any desserts like my whipped cream strawberries etc.

Ok well that's all my news I guess I'm going to have a nap now.

I had a couple of hours nappage, then there was the postie, then there was the dog and the boy, been up since 12 properly lol.

I chilled a bit this afternoon, browsing ideas and techniques for things I'd like to make. Then I realised properly I have a sofa coming tomorrow and nowhere to put it.

I have a cabin in the garden that used to be my craft room, but lately it's been nothing better than a messed up storage with a broken door. It's been my plan for ages to clear it out as it it really needs doing, bring in any crafting stuff that's still there, get rid of most of the rest and use it as a summer house, so my old freebie sofa is going out there. The door has been broken for probably a year and I've had hinges sitting to fix it for months so I decided I best start, as with all things once you do it - it's never as bad as you think.

I've fixed the doors, they're not perfect but they'll do. I've cleared out about a third of it, and daughter just helped me carry the sofa out. Much more still needs done but at least there is space now for the new sofa. I'm currently sitting on a folding camping chair lol.

Food - I've had some macademia nuts and I've just had some cauliflower hash browns with some ketchup. Kids had pizza and I didn't feel like properly cooking, I may have some soup later if I'm hungry but I'm feeling quite content and still enjoying my tea with no sugars. Who would have thought it? craziness. all that sugar I've been having for DECADES.

So tonight I think I'll call it a night outside and close up the cabin, and turn my attention to cleaning the kitchen where the new sofa will be going and the kallax unit, and sorting out the crafting stuff I've brought inside.

Manager has agreed to my cutting shift, I might need to adjust my pattern but hopefully not, we'll see. Anyway I've agreed to continue the shifts that are made up already so that's for about 6 weeks, which for me would only be 3 more runs of 5x nights, however one of those weeks is a holiday week so I'll only be on a run of 3 the following week and then I should switch to 4 by the time our kids go back to school. Or in my case, kid, as the elder one will be going to WORK. Still can't quite get my head around that lol.

That's a great revelation about the sugar in your tea. As a child milk and sugar where automatically put in our tea and it was normal to have it that way, no one questioned it. The at 16 I had it black with no sugar and realized I much preferred it that way, coffee too. Now I only drink peppermint tea or green tea, choices I wasn't given as a child or teenager.

yeah @tipperary, I tried it without milk but didn't enjoy that. I do drink green teas and peppermint as well, and cammomile, but always with sugar... I haven't branched out to trying those again yet.

Well the results are in, after a few weeks of being off the wagon, paying not much attention and not weighing I have gained...

nothing.

I've lost half a pound lol and am now down 15lb's in total so I can update my 5lb chunks :)

This may be the first time I've gone 'off' a diet without regaining weight and it's 100% the first time I've gone off a diet and actually lost a bit more. I put it down to having a much reduced appetite, less of a snack habit than I had and probably making better choices about what I do eat more often than I did before.

I'm going to try and be on it this next 8 days though prior to my next stint at work and see if I can move a step or three forwards. I plan a fast for Tuesday and wednesday which are the days I plan to commit to my handmade work in particular.

I changed my plan last night as always and ended up continuing in the cabin outside - it's mostly cleared out now except for several bags and boxes that need to come in and be sorted into my crafting den. However I already have several bags and boxes I brought in last night and don't want too much in there unsorted as it distracts me from making things. I'll get what's there sorted and bring in the rest across the week.

Off course that means I haven't cleaned my kitchen and the new furniture comes this afternoon but I've plenty time. probs only take an hour or so.

My daughter is off at some point today to spend the weekend with friends and my son is off to his Dad's at 5pm for the weekend so I have the weekend to myself. I'll get my kallax assembled and filled for them coming home and will try to (finally) get those hall doors painted so the hallway is finished although I'll do that late at night. I may just stay up really late one night and do them all. Then I'll focus on making stuff for my business. I can't really afford to give myself much time off over the next month, but we've a week on holiday at start of August, after that things will settle down with a shift less at care home etc and my shop will have opened by mid august and I'll try and create a proper work routine that includes days off lol.

Happy Friday all :)

I've no idea why I thought the sofa would come assembled, when it was coming from Ikea... but I did lol.

Everything arrived by 1pm, the sofa, footstool, and pang chair are all done, as is the kallax main unit. I have a 1x4 at the bottom and a 4x4 stacked on top to give 4x5 and let me tell you this... I nearly needed to wait for help lol. I'm so stubborn at doing things that are supposed to be 2 people jobs on my own but nonetheless I did it, and I stacked them up which was really tricky to lift and balance. I've started making up the inserts but I need a break so I've stopped for a cuppa and have eaten some strawberries and a bit of chocolate. I didn't really expect to manage to have it all done so soon, but I just started when it all arrived and kept going. Only thing is my back, hips and feet are all in agony now :(

I forgot also I'd like to finish the front garden tomorrow which will require probably about 3 hours of gravel shovelling around so I might not be up for that unless the pain disappears over night!

no idea what I will eat tonight, it's just me home now. I might do something with a chaffle, but not until my kallax is completed.

I'm really pleased with it all. Shocking amounts of carboard and packaging I'll need to somehow skip over the weekend though :/

Morning all. It was so lovely this morning to walk in to my kitchen/family room with the furniture all sorted. The kallax is going to help me to become less cluttered too but I've not filled it yet.

I'm in less pain than I was last night but my hip is still sore, so I've taken paracetamol. It isn't something I often do, sure I still go to work and walk the dog in pain, but usually I'd put off anything big. However... as my kids are away until sunday night I'd just really like to get lots done so they come home all surprised. Hopefully the paracetamol will take the edge off. It's rare I medicate myself to get stuff done!

So in an hour or so I'll be gravelling and digging. Tonight hopefully door painting. I was thinking if I did the toilet and front door in the early evening I could barricade that area from the dog. Only leaving 3 doors to paint once she's in bed.

I also want to have a big tidy in sons room, reorganise the kitchen, clear the pile of stuff that has accumulated in my upstairs hall, and have a general clean of the house... I have 2x skip runs booked at the recycle centre today to get rid of all yesterdays packaging which filled my car, and a second run to take the bags of rubbish I've taken from my cabin a few days ago.

If I can get all of the above done this weekend, then that's EVERYTHING I planned to get sorted in the house this year. I'm hoping that once sorted I will have a clearer mind space to focus on my craft. I'm sure we all have the same struggle, feeling guilty doing something when we feel we should be doing something else? Having said that my craft is going to be work so I should be able to justify that, but still my brain struggles and tells me it's a frivolous way to spend time when all the mundane work remains.

It's something I come across in my books to help with creative blocks. Unwittingly my parents (and me as a parent myself and parents everywhere - I have wonderful parents I'm not complaining about them) all do this - We tell our kids to get a proper job, a safe job. We don't consider work in the arts to be 'safe' and yet these days nothing is. I know a high flying oil worker who is now working as a security guard having been made redundant. I know people with university degrees working as cleaners and carers. We teach our children that writing, painting, creating for the most part is a leisure persuit.

We teach our kids to aspire to more than 'we' have, but I came to thinking a few years back - we already have enough, in fact we have so much more than we need. I used to want a bigger house etc (I used to have one) but I actually like smaller cosy spaces. Sure I'd like a bigger car but mine is a good little beastie. By always wanting more, by teaching our children to always want more, we trap them in the race of life, and I picture that more of a hamster wheel than a sprint with any prizes at the end.

How about being happy with 'enough' ? How about teaching that? Then our dreams can be whatever we want them to be. We can live smaller but dream bigger. Live smaller but enjoy work rather than living to work or working to live, enjoying the working and the living.

Spending money on doing, rather than having. I'd rather go see one of the huge list of places I haven't been yet than buy a bigger house.

Off course I don't mean to be flippant, we all desire a comfortable quality of life in our homes, I'm not suggesting people be happy in a run down building infested with damp By all means aspire and work to improve that. But a comfortable, safe, warm modest sized home is enough. Jeez in some cultures that would be living like kings and Queens it's about time we felt that and appreciated it!

I am Queen of my corner here, and I will live as I choose, it's only a matter of some time and effort. yet still I feel the need... to get that **** sorted first... I am a work in progress. A Queen in progress lol.

Food yesterday I ate strawberries, dark chocolate, soup and a chaffle, and a hot chocolate.

I may have found my favourite chaffle... I planned to dunk it in my soup and thought I'd spice it up a bit. I used my usual recipe - cheese, egg, almond flour, baking powder, psylium husk... and added a half teaspoon of chilli flakes to the mix for 2. It was yummiest so far!

Today as it's just me again I don't plan to eat until later. No idea what I'll have but I've a chaffle left from yesterday. Ooh I might make a curry. I dunno I'll see how I feel and how much I get done.

The front garden is done. Gravel scraped back, new fabric down, hole dug and tree planted, and fake plants put in pots. I'll add more ornamental things when I have the cash but for now - front garden complete. Back garden is next years job. Other than a mass weed kill I won't dare start that as well 🤣

My hip isn't too bad, elbow is sore though and I know I'll be paying for it later and I have blisters on my hands. I can't remember the last time I had actual blisters... being a care assistant has probably softened my hands, my years in engineering toughened them before.

So now I just have my 2 skip runs for this afternoon and then I think I'll just keep moving, if I dare to stop I'll cease up. So I'll keep moving and get the kitchen sorted I think and maybe sort sons room. paint the doors tonight. If I can get everything done tonight then I could have a day off tomorrow... except I'm doing 4 hours 'caring' for my friends Mum, but that's no bother and not till 4pm. I could maybe get into my craft room for a few hours. In any case this week the way things work I can be crafting all day tues, weds and thurs, not considering the other hours I can work around my son.

As I threw on clothes this morning I put on my dementia awareness t-shirt that I had for the walking challenge I did earlier in the year, it was a bit snug then but it's definitely looser now.

Right best go empty this cardboard at the skip run number 1 lol.

well... I got the skip runs done and nipped to a local home to pick up a hot wheels toy set I bought from facebay (going to keep it aside fro sons birthday) then I came home, sat down and fell asleep...

Then I woke up all sore, and bought a chinese takeaway for dinner, cos I felt like it.

I did paint the 5 doors in the evening and night though and got to bed around midnight.

I'm going to leave the kitchen reorganising and the hall clearing as it can be done anytime really, but I want my sons room cleared out whilst he isn't here, so I'm going to get a move on shortly and get that done.

I might be picking and choosing and changing plans but I'm really REALLY happy with how much I've got done these past few days. My 'to do' list has taken a battering lol. Off course it's endless anyway but still...

I only have a few hours today, as I'm going to be a carer for my friends Mum for 5 hours later. She has care staff come in most days but there is a gap in the schedule and she's leaving at 3pm to take her sons away for a break, her husband can take over at 8pm so I'm 'working' 3pm-8pm, but it will be lovely to spend time with her Mum, lovely lady.

Then it will be home for son coming home at 2030, so I'll spend an hour with him before sending him up to his beddie and then I really need to get into my craft room, probably a bit late at night for sewing but there is plenty I can be getting on with.

No idea about food but I've not eaten anything yet, I may make it a fast day.

well... I got the skip runs done and nipped to a local home to pick up a hot wheels toy set I bought from facebay (going to keep it aside fro sons birthday) then I came home, sat down and fell asleep...

Then I woke up all sore, and bought a chinese takeaway for dinner, cos I felt like it.

I did paint the 5 doors in the evening and night though and got to bed around midnight.

I'm going to leave the kitchen reorganising and the hall clearing as it can be done anytime really, but I want my sons room cleared out whilst he isn't here, so I'm going to get a move on shortly and get that done.

I might be picking and choosing and changing plans but I'm really REALLY happy with how much I've got done these past few days. My 'to do' list has taken a battering lol. Off course it's endless anyway but still...

I only have a few hours today, as I'm going to be a carer for my friends Mum for 5 hours later. She has care staff come in most days but there is a gap in the schedule and she's leaving at 3pm to take her sons away for a break, her husband can take over at 8pm so I'm 'working' 3pm-8pm, but it will be lovely to spend time with her Mum, lovely lady.

Then it will be home for son coming home at 2030, so I'll spend an hour with him before sending him up to his beddie and then I really need to get into my craft room, probably a bit late at night for sewing but there is plenty I can be getting on with.

No idea about food but I've not eaten anything yet, I may make it a fast day.
Like you over the past few days been hard at it tackling a to do list as long as my arm that is like painting the forth bridge it never ends. ( I know this is no longer the case but for decades . they would paint one end to the other and then start again ) I am hoping all this house work will pay dividends on the scale next week. Still got jobs for tomorrow to tackle lol but for today I am done on that front. I am now making Sunday lunch. We are having brisket, with broccoli, cabbage, leeks and string beans, Roast potatoes and done hubby some Yorkshire pudding. I don't like Yorkies.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch @purpleorc, I am in Scotland and remember when the bridge was painted that way, we always use the analogy still as well lol. Our stuff to do really is never ending - but - I have been guilty of being so disorganised that my list was quite futile. I couldn't even keep up with the necessities. Partly an ADHD brain (we're well known for finding it hard) partly just the overwhelm of life and upheaval. I really feel like I'm nearly back on top though and I'm determined not to end up snowed under again. It wasn't all my fault and I feel no guilt but I'm pleased to be finding my way now.

For me I've noticed a real link between my ability to be productive and cope well alongside my mindset feeling calm and secure in my life. The more insecure, overwhelmed etc I feel the less I can deal with, even small things are a huge effort.

I did get sons room gutted out yesterday mostly, I still need to go through all his clothes but the room is tidy, organised and lots of stuff thrown out. I've made hugs strides this week and I'm so pleased with myself. Last night I spent about 90 minutes emptying boxes and bags I'd brought into my Den from the cabin and organising my supplies. I've found loads of stuff I'd forgotten I had lol.

I've just been down to the chemist and although I've my son to work around today the weather is crappy so he won't want to go anywhere. He'll be happy staying home playing and eating. He loves his room all tidy but if he could only learn to keep it that way ... His sister has ADHD also, and they believe he has ADD which should be easier to learn to work with but we're all a work in progress here. I only found out properly about it all 3-4 years ago and it's really changed how I approach our lives and relationships here in a positive way. I've set a reminder on alexa at 2030 every night for Dominic to tidy his toys, hopefully it will help - if not him at least it will remind me to give him the nudge to tidy!

I'm reminding myself constantly - the more I can keep on top the more free time I have to be creative! do I want to spend hours re-sorting my home? or do I want those hours for building my business? Inner life coaching.

So I'm about to update my spreadsheet (another thing I'm trying to keep right on top off) then have a quick youtube reminding me how to sew mitre corners and then I'm going to SEW.

Food - nothing yet. Other than tea with milk (still no sugar) I'm going to try to fast I think. Until tea time wednesday which will be just around 70 hours all together if I can manage it. Anything over 36 I'll consider a win though.

Happy Monday people.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch @purpleorc, I am in Scotland and remember when the bridge was painted that way, we always use the analogy still as well lol. Our stuff to do really is never ending - but - I have been guilty of being so disorganised that my list was quite futile. I couldn't even keep up with the necessities. Partly an ADHD brain (we're well known for finding it hard) partly just the overwhelm of life and upheaval. I really feel like I'm nearly back on top though and I'm determined not to end up snowed under again. It wasn't all my fault and I feel no guilt but I'm pleased to be finding my way now.

For me I've noticed a real link between my ability to be productive and cope well alongside my mindset feeling calm and secure in my life. The more insecure, overwhelmed etc I feel the less I can deal with, even small things are a huge effort.

I did get sons room gutted out yesterday mostly, I still need to go through all his clothes but the room is tidy, organised and lots of stuff thrown out. I've made hugs strides this week and I'm so pleased with myself. Last night I spent about 90 minutes emptying boxes and bags I'd brought into my Den from the cabin and organising my supplies. I've found loads of stuff I'd forgotten I had lol.

I've just been down to the chemist and although I've my son to work around today the weather is crappy so he won't want to go anywhere. He'll be happy staying home playing and eating. He loves his room all tidy but if he could only learn to keep it that way ... His sister has ADHD also, and they believe he has ADD which should be easier to learn to work with but we're all a work in progress here. I only found out properly about it all 3-4 years ago and it's really changed how I approach our lives and relationships here in a positive way. I've set a reminder on alexa at 2030 every night for Dominic to tidy his toys, hopefully it will help - if not him at least it will remind me to give him the nudge to tidy!

I'm reminding myself constantly - the more I can keep on top the more free time I have to be creative! do I want to spend hours re-sorting my home? or do I want those hours for building my business? Inner life coaching.

So I'm about to update my spreadsheet (another thing I'm trying to keep right on top off) then have a quick youtube reminding me how to sew mitre corners and then I'm going to SEW.

Food - nothing yet. Other than tea with milk (still no sugar) I'm going to try to fast I think. Until tea time wednesday which will be just around 70 hours all together if I can manage it. Anything over 36 I'll consider a win though.

Happy Monday people.
You live in a beautiful part of the world. Hope you get a longer fast as you would like. I have an a little insight into having a brain that works a bit differently from others. I have MS and get something called MS fog which makes tasks hard as you can't think how to tackle them. Or my party trick is having many jobs on the go at once not finishing any and overwhelming myself then feeling like I am drowning in jobs. I am getting better at not starting 6 jobs at once especially with limited energy. If my energy goes nothing gets done. So I try desperately to do one job at a time then if I have energy I can tackle a second job.
When we have these sort of challenges any aid to help manoeuvre through and function I grab with both hands. writing a list of jobs i want to do is helpful for me. cos I can work out better from there if it is job I can leave till tomorrow or one that needs tackling today.

I'm very grateful for where I live @purpleorc for one thing it's pretty safe here, kids can go out to play and have some freedom etc. We have lovely walks in the village but 20 mins in one direction I can be at one of several beaches, 20 mins in the other I can be in forests and hills.

I've also done the too many jobs and drowning thing, I've had to learn that just because I can't do it all - I can still do SOMETHING. It's hard though when you're in the state of overwhelm I understand that completely, prioritising becomes impossible to even consider because everything feels important and like it should be the 1st job!

I did not fast yesterday (as per usual haha) but I plan to today. I succumbed to dinner with the kids and a slice of lemon drizzle cake made by a friend at my meditation group last night.

Yesterday I managed to get a few bits and pieces sewn so that was good as it wasn't an official 'work day' in my den so anything is a bonus, and I got another panel embroidered. I've been setting the machine to embroider something whenever I'm in there doing something else, as I will then use the panels to make into bags etc. There are so many things I can do, and the machine may as well be busy when I am lol.

Today I plan a few more bandana's and some little zippy pouches and some bags, perhaps another coaster set. I gifted a set to my friend last night as she's not long moved into a new home (we usually have our group in a hall but there were only 4 of us last night so we had it at her house) It was heart warming to see her open them and immediately set them out and use them. You know that feeling when you know you chose the right gift? always nice.

I attempted a new routine this morning that I will try to keep doing as often as I can - now that my cabin is cleared it's lovely to sit in first thing, can't remember the last time I did that. I've also shirked on my morning pages. So this morning I was up at 0645, sitting in my cabin with a cuppa by 0710 doing my morning pages. Then a half hour dog walk before I got my son up. He's had his breakfast and is off to the club now until 6pm so I'm just having this catch up and will get started with work, well ahead of my target of 10am. I'll stop for a break and another dog walk between 2 and 3. This should ensure I don't get pain with sitting and also hopefully keep the doggo calm enough that she doesn't need to go into her crate whilst I'm working.

As my daughter will be starting work (not sure if some time this week or maybe next week) she'll be out in the mornings by about 0720, so I may start to take the dog out early, then do morning pages after. It's not the way it's recommended but you have to adapt these things to fit your life don't you. I may start to do it this way once son is at school as well, I'm thinking after the hols I'll only walk part of the way to school with him, and see him across the road, after that it's only a few mins walk along to the lollypop lady. Usually I walk the dog at the same time and I'm home by about 0930. However if I do it this other way by getting up and walking the dog early, I can see son across the road and be home by 0840 and ready to work. It will maximise the hours I have in an empty house, I can work around my son when he is around but there are constant interruptions. My routine will be different after my nightshifts off course, but at least I'll soon only be doing 4 per fortnight so things should work out fine.

I'm constantly thinking out loud here about how to work things out here and how to maximise my time. I'm aware it may make for dull reading, but it helps me work stuff out as I don't journal properly anywhere else, feel free to skirt over it lol.

Well I'm off to fire up my sewing machines, Happy Tuesday everyone :)

27 hours into a fast, I've been hungry today though off and on.

I managed to get a fair bit of sewing done, a bag a friend asked for, a set of coasters and a bulk batch of little zipper pouches, which still need finishing but are mostly done.

I'm getting there anyway.

I'm going to try and get up early again tomorrow, wish my luck lol.

Back