Crazy life of Chilli

One of my best friends went to a wedding recently, no one at the reception was wearing a mask, even throughout the party, which went on until the wee hours. Result - she and about 20 others got Covid. And she'd been double taxed. I honestly think people believe that having both jabs gives them completely immunity - something the government messaging has quietly encouraged!

Re the bars, would they soften up in the microwave?
No vaccine is 100% it just gives you some immunity. There is data now to prove that even if you are doubly vaccinated that the protection is waning so you require a top-up booster as you do with the flu vaccine every winter. I do wonder if in the future you will get a vaccine that has both protection for flu and covid. Last year my sister, my brother in law and 4 nieces all got covid. They got it as the girls are frontline workers and came into direct contact with covid. They all felt dreadful fortunately they were one of the lucky ones who didn't need hospitalization.
@ladyfelsham I have plenty of boxes for my craft stuff, my neighbour has a couple of cats, I may see if she uses them, it could separate my packs into an organisation. But having said that - my new love of the unknown and all that, I don't really mind the lucky dip.

@purpleorc that sounds like an awful experience, My Dad had a lung clot and it was awful to see him in so much pain. He's been through lots of things but that was the one time I looked at him and thought we were about to lose him any moment.

I agree with both of you about the masks, they kept the guidance in Scotland so most of us still wear them in shops etc, many people I know who have travelled south recently comment how they notice a difference as soon as they cross the border. I have an English friend though who says his Asthma is much better since mask wearing, and I suspect he will continue - which just goes to show? it's not just covid that can be helped.

I had the strawberry bar, I found it also quite hard. Maybe it's just my weak teeth but I am definitely finding the bars tricky. I've found a swap and sell group for exante on FB so I may consider using it if I find a lot I don't like over the weeks ahead.
The frightening thing for me was not being able to breathe. You can't get your breath and you're going blue. I have a neighbour with COPD now it must be dreadful with this disease and any other affecting the lungs. I knew I would get better with time. but conditions like COPD often worsen with time. It frighten my poor hubby and he felt so helpless.

forgot to say yesterday 7 days down, 74 to go. (I know I know I just like to see it myself)

so day 8 is beginning. I'm feeling a bit off today not sure why. My tennis elbow keeps playing up and I've wondered if it's using the shaker - it's a funky thing with a little spring kind of whisk you pop in the tub then shake. It works really well but I've been trying to focus and use my left arm. This morning even tearing open the package felt like it might have an effect, so I may start using scissors, and my blender. I was using tools yesterday so I'm not surprised it's sore today but it hasn't just been today. I've got a bit of a twingy back too for some reason. Still menstruating.

I have started the day with a chocolate delight pudding - which I wanted to love but don't really. It isn't awful - I thought it would be a bit like angel delight, but it's not light and fluffy it's a bit more dense and slimy. I'm going to just let this one go too... I can afford to lose a pack now and then. These were a 7 pack for free so technically I didn't even pay for them BUT I've seen people speak about mixing them up with extra water and you get a thick milkshake, so I'll try that when I come across another one.

Instead, I chose a strawberry shake, which I proceeded to make without properly closing the lid, and now I need to change my jumper. I am being tested by the Gods today 🤣

AH well I'll pop on a clean jumper and hopefully cheer up at Tai chi in a while, my son is going to come watch.

No vaccine is 100% it just gives you some immunity. There is data now to prove that even if you are doubly vaccinated that the protection is waning so you require a top-up booster as you do with the flu vaccine every winter. I do wonder if in the future you will get a vaccine that has both protection for flu and covid. Last year my sister, my brother in law and 4 nieces all got covid. They got it as the girls are frontline workers and came into direct contact with covid. They all felt dreadful fortunately they were one of the lucky ones who didn't need hospitalization.

The frightening thing for me was not being able to breathe. You can't get your breath and you're going blue. I have a neighbour with COPD now it must be dreadful with this disease and any other affecting the lungs. I knew I would get better with time. but conditions like COPD often worsen with time. It frighten my poor hubby and he felt so helpless.

I recently had my covid booster and flu jab but as you said I know they will never be 100% protection. The vaccinated in my care home were definitely in general much less affected though than the unvaccinated in my nieces early in the whole affair. I'm sorry to hear you struggled and yes it is hard for family to watch. Lets hope none of you get it this year. x

Lovely catching up. I definitely see a major difference in the photos. Great to see your focus.

I have just found a set of sachets in my wardrobe (??!) and so may use those.

Re COVID - I follow an FT journalist - and he says that not mask wearing and group events is why we have such a higher incidence in the UK at the mo. I am fully masked and have a disposable apron for cleaning the airbnb. I am going to a conference on Thursday and a demonstration outside at Parliament on Friday - and will be masked. I want to reduce the risk of bringing covid hoem to Mr AG who is vulnerable

ooh a demo sounds exciting @AliGal

I could do with some excitement lol.

And yeah you may as well use those packs up, just be sure to check the dates. There is a sell and swap on Facebook if you decide you want to get rid of them instead.

I took my son along to my tai chi class today, it was a little less calming than usual as I had to keep an eye on him but it still went well. Our classes are so supportive can't ask for better. Whenever I was about to say to him to stop wandering about the class instructor said nooo he's fine don't worry. In fairness he wasn't being loud or destructive or anything crazy, he was just curious and looking around.

I've had the birthday cake bar for lunch which has very mixed reviews but I thought it wasn't bad. I did micro it for 30 seconds and it was quite nice.

It seems to be with every exante product they are both loved and hated by many at the same time 🤣

Son seems keen for a walk for a change so we'll head down to the woods with the dog soon I expect. My random pic for later was apple pie and custard but I actually fancied soup so I swapped it. Feeling the autumnal vibes for sure. I'll need to make pumpkin soup.

8 days down, 73 to go

morning all. ended yesterday on about 2.5litres. I think the recommendation is anything over 2? but I would like to more consistently hit 3. My scales are showing a gain but we'll ignore that. I'm still menstruating :( it's been a long one this time, damned wonky body. Hopefully I can lose 2/week but I guess any losses will do. I was pondering some days maybe only having 3 packs, I know that's no longer recommended but it was 600 not 800 when I did lighterlife years ago and it went well then. I may consider it if my losses aren't what I want. I'll carry on with 800 for the moment though, give it a few weeks.

I'm uncharacteristically low, probably just hormonal and I know it will pass. I'm sleeping quite well but still really tired a lot. struggling to motivate to get much done. I've said it before but I think I need to be more routine about taking my vitamins inc iron, I'm very sporadic about it. I know 4 food packs should have the RDA of everything, however if you're already low when you start then presumably that will continue.

my recent low moods don't last all day every day, I do have periods of time where I feel more normal, so I'll be grateful for those and carry on.

I feel your gain pain and I'm going to tell you what I'm telling myself. Just keep going and hope the scales sort themselves when you body starts behaving <3

I don't know about the plan you are on specifically but if it takes 4 packs to cover your RDA of everything, why deprive your body of what it needs to function (all be it at reduced energy / calories)?
The temptation is there to leap to the "I'm consuming too much" conclusion where in reality, you are not. It ends up brining in more health issues.
Wait out your period and add another few days and re-asses then but we all know they don't like scales ;)

<3

thanks guys.

Well I've just gone and made Friday difficult, but I think it will be ok. It's my sons holiday treat - I suspect his Dad has a grand trip planned next week and I can't compete nor should try too. I wonder if that's where my slump is coming from? I dunno. It isn't at the forefront of my mind but it is there.

Intellectually I know my kids have a good life with me. I'm also grateful for him to have good times with others - the more the better yes?

What can I say I'm human.

So I asked him what he would like to do and he wants to go to the cinema and have lunch out. So it's booked and we're going to Franky and Bennys. We're going to cinema in the morning, then lunch so I won't have any packs before I go. I'll try to choose a lower carb meal, then probably just have one exante pack later and hope it's balanced out enough. I'll look at the menu in advance and decide what to have before we go and then I won't be browsing and tempted whilst I'm there.

After Friday son is away from Saturday lunch until the following weekend on Sunday, so I won't have to cook really as daughter can sort herself out. So other than Friday I should continue to be able to stick to plan.

I'm doing better for fluid today I'm up to 2litres already.

It's strange but I am often finding I swap a dessert type pack for a soup... I may need to purchase a one off pack of soups as comparably I have much less of them in my stash. I make them up double sized with a teaspoon of stock and I actually really like them. Sometimes add chilli flakes as well. There are days I'd like 2 soups but I know I don't have enough to last.

On a positive note, my inner geek is messing with the numbers. 81 days I committed to, so although it's not quite accurate 8 days is approximately 10% so I'm already 10% along :)

For the most part in fairness I'm not missing food too much. But I know one trigger and I could hoover up the contents of the fridge and as I'm not in my usual happy mood I'm being extra careful!

You always want to give your kids the world but remember, sometimes all they need is mum without the frills (no matter what age) :)

With Franky and Bennys, you could try a side or a starter instead of a full meal? Popcorn without sauces can be a decent enough movie snack too. Just don't forget it IS okay to live your life so no matter what you do, no guilt and enjoy the day with your Son.

Also no hoovering up the contents of the fridge ;) That never ends up with happy fun feelings after the food has been nommed :angeldevil:

you're right @GLL off course. There is a lot more to the story I'm just a bit frustrated with it all I guess. I feel my daughter in particular has really been let down. She isn't really interested in having much to do with ex now. My son still seems happy to go and I don't make anything difficult, but I know he always seems happy to come home to me and I need to be happy that he's happy lol. Maybe next year we will be able to have some fun short breaks, but I'm trying to help daughter buy a car primarily next year.

I'm not worried about the cinema I won't eat there, just maybe a small thing for son to nibble.

well I'm about done for the day I've eaten all my packs and I'm on 3650ml of fluid. I also had a few spoons of rice that were left over from sons dinner lol.

Ah well. Can't be perfect every day. I've browsed the lunch menu at Franky and Bennys for Friday, it's not especially diverse but I think I will ask for bolognese with no pasta and a side salad. Can probably choose from their main menu but much more expensive. Then I'll have either 1 or 2 packs later in the day and not worry about it. I'll do similar when daughter and I have our lunches, it's unlikely I'll be out more than once a fortnight in most cases.

I've just blitzed most of my xmas shopping, I'd hoped to be better off than I am this year but I'm still better off than I was last year so I won't complain. Theres another few things I'd like to get but there's still time. I don't like to be scrabbling at the last minute and finding everything out of stock.

As I'm now paid weekly, I was thinking I may start to pay £10/week into an amazon gift account, that would soon mount up even with a few missed weeks for next year. Could use it for emergency purchases and birthdays etc too.

so. 9 days down 72 to go! although I'm suspecting it may take a little more to get to 154, but that's ok.

I plan to start using ynab when I've sorted some other admin. It's a budgeting app where you give every pound a job - which includes allocating income to bills like car insurance or a pet medical emergency fund so the funds are there and it's not a crisis. It's really practical and good for forcing decisions between priorities.

Your plan for a lovely outing with your boy sounds excellent!

I think this year, being suddenly better off I've been constantly spending, because there were so many things mounted up that really needed doing and I hadn't been able to do. So it isn't that I'm broke I just haven't managed to save. But when I look at everything I've managed to do/fix/replace this year it's a lot. I'm sitting in a completely different house since this time last year lol. Next year will be another leap forwards.

But this year I've decorated and floored the hall, got new furniture, equipment for my business, redone the front garden and bought a new wardrobe pretty much. As well as being able to keep my car. I've done pretty well.

I have my geeky spreadsheets but I'll still have a look at the app @AliGal it may become useful after my daughter has her car and I can start to think about what else I want to do.

Well I know I shouldn't but I did. My scales are still sitting 1 up, so I'm on day 10 and I'm only 2lb's less than day 1 🤣 but stubbornly my body is STILL menstruating. I know I've nibbled small amounts but not enough to throw this off. We'll see how things pan out in a few weeks, hopefully I'll start losing soon. I may shorten my window and turn it more towards IF. Honestly I haven't much worried about that, it's typically been around 8 hours. Perhaps I'll try 6.

I've just heard one of the ladies I help look after had a fall in the night and is in hospital with a broken hip and shoulder :( poor lass. I'm hoping she can recover.

Not that I'm worried about this aspect at all, but I had a lot of hours booked for her next week and hadn't booked any with my others and now I'm hesitant to book incase she gets out of hospital quickly, which I wouldn't expect given her injuries, but they seem to be throwing people out of hospital whenever they can these days. So I'm going to try out the other part of my new job next week instead - short notice booking in care homes. I was wanting to try that section out anyway so now is as good a time as any. It means if she does get home suddenly I'm available to still help. Realistically I'm not sure what will happen, she may need round the clock care, or even a care home, perhaps for a while or permanently :( We will have to wait and see. But I don't want to not be available for her.

I can't remember if I mentioned but I'd another acquaintance approach me recently asking me to help look after her Dad. It's lovely that people trust me this way but as always I am having to practice saying No. I'd like to help but really I have enough work already and limited time in a week to work, so I don't want to spread myself too thinly either. I'm learning!

Well it's after 12 now so if I'm gonna do 6 hours, that's 12-6 today just about to have a choc shake. I'm on 900ml fluids. I have a berry shake, a carrot cake bar and a lemon pancake pack all out for the day. I seen someone using the pancake mix to make a mug cake instead, but I'll try it the way it's intended first.

so day 10 ongoing. (12.35% of 81 :) )

Well I know I shouldn't but I did. My scales are still sitting 1 up, so I'm on day 10 and I'm only 2lb's less than day 1 🤣 but stubbornly my body is STILL menstruating. I know I've nibbled small amounts but not enough to throw this off. We'll see how things pan out in a few weeks, hopefully I'll start losing soon.
I'm about to turn my scales into a frisbee and yeet them out window :rotflmao:

@GLL perhaps we should all use them as frisbee's we'd be happier I'll bet lol.

well I did it again - swapped out the pancakes for a soup. It isn't that I don't like the idea of a pancake either, I just seem to want soup! and the carrot cake bar... not the best. I'm surprised at how little I am enjoying the bars, I remember liking the lighterlife ones. These ones are typically 'ok' but honestly I wouldn't choose them if I didn't know I've so many and they need used up! In the future if I do end up continuing using these packs at all, I doubt I would buy bars on their own.

They are always having sales on different things on different days. I had an email today for 52% off shakes. I'll wait and see if there is a big discount one day on soups and maybe buy some more of those, plenty of everything else to last me.

I've had 3150ml of fluid and all my packs in a 6 hr window. So that will be me for the day.

I think my menses are finally tailing off...

10 days down, 71 to go.

I hated the bars tbh. I ended up throwing some away. I think they do a £1 a pack offer up to £99 and you can choose your packs.

With the month packs you get 84 for £70 so even with discounts this was the cheapest way to stock up. If I decide to continue longer I'll look at the other deals but they always have something. At the moment it's 30% just for October but I won't run out of anything for a while.

well I took a bar for the movie and I'm on about 1450ml fluids so need to guzzle some more.

The movie was surprisingly good 🤣 I thought my son would be too old for it really but from what was available he chose it (the paw patrol movie) But I actually quite liked it haha.

I minimised any damage by bringing a snack for son along with my bar and a bottle each of pepsi max, and turning up at the last minute, so there was no browsing of the overpriced cinema snacks.

After the movie we had a lovely walk at the beach it was a lovely day. Then on to Frankie and Bennys, I had a starter sized portion of meatballs with a side salad, no idea of the calories and can't find anything useful online. A main sized portion with pasta is 880 so I'm guessing maybe half? In any case I'm going to have another pack later if I am hungry and if not just get back to normal tomorrow. As bad timing goes My daughters day off for the next fortnight is Monday, so I'm taking her out for lunch on Monday. I'll do the same again and try to choose something low carb again. Then there will be nothing to compromise for again for probably another 2 weeks.

Scales still telling me 177 this morning (still 1 up) As day 11 continues. We will see what the rest of week 2 brings.

Just going to have a drink then it's pumkin carving time for son and I 🎃

WTG on a fab birthday treat, that sounds perfect to me!

And as the others say, I wouldn't get too concerned about going off plan for one meal - might be a good shakeup for your system :).

Was going to ask how your day out was :D Sounds like a lovely day to me and Monday will be fine too. Always easier to go in with a plan. Gotta be able to diet without hitting the pause button on life.

Post pumpkin pics? Hope you have fun carving them x

Back