CrazyCatLady wants to lose weight for good this time!

CrazyCatLady

I'm 25, just finished second year of Uni. I've been on diets since I was at secondary school. I just seem to be on a diet for about 4 months, I lose a stone and then I put it all back on again for the rest of the year. I'm not overweight by that much, I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 10 st 11lbs. My BMI is 27ish so not that bad. However, I hate the way I look. I am sick of seeing my double chin when I look in the mirror. I hate seeing my stomach sticking out. I don't feel like I look like ME, I don't feel like I look young.

I am getting so fed up of going round in circles, I just want to lose the weight once and for all.

I am doing it by cutting down on refined carbs, cutting out what I call the 4 C-words, crisps, chips, cake and chocolate and cooking myself low-fat meals from a BBC Good Food cookbook, doing lots of walking and I am going to start going to Zumba classes. I really need to do more exercise but I can't afford to go to the gym and I got fed up of running last year.

Any words of wisdom or messages from people who can relate to this would be appreciated.

I really want this to be it this time.

Thanks for listening :)

Last edited:
I know what you mean, I am in my 40's and constantly seem to either being on a diet or eating rubbish. There is no middle ground with me.

I have found doing the "30 day shred" dvd really helpful (and hard) Has really improved my fitness levels we and is only £5. Jillian Michaels says the best way to lose weight is intense cardio and her DVD certainly is.
Wish I knew the solution to yo-yoing

Overeating is an ingrained habit - changing this requires time and 2 steps forward 1 step back constantly. The best thing I have found that no guru ever tells you is that you must embrace this success-failure cycle as normal. My hypnotherapist told me about the cycle of change which explains it - google that and it should be helpful.

The diet industry sells easy fast WL - some people can do that, but its not realistic for most of us. I just keep thinking - where do I want to be in 2 years time?

I mean - after 30 years of WL efforts I am finally grasping that slow but permamanent WL is the only way. It's hard being patient sometimes!! GRRR!

It's very hard to be patient, I can't seem to stay on track for more than a few months. Because I'm small, I have very small losses. Also, my weigh-in is tomorrow but I've been wanting to hop on those scales for days now lol!

I'm being positive though. My Jillian Michaels DVD should come in the next few days, and as I've paid for it I am going to get lots of use out of it. Also, this morning I went for my first run in 9 months. I need to work hard to get back to how well I ran last year but I did quite well this morning.

My 30 day shred DVD arrived today. I'm at my mum's and I just found out the DVD player doesnt work. So a fat lot of good that does (no pun intended). And I've got a funny few weeks ahead of me, on placement and couch surfing as I don't have my own place at the moment, so it looks like I won't be able to go on it much. Still, I am going to try and snatch the odd 20 minutes whenever I can. So watch this space.

Day 5 and 6 of Level 1 completed and I'm very proud of myself. It was a lot easier this morning. Today I start a placement and last night I decided I didn't want to miss a day of shred so I decided to sleep in my workout clothes so I would be ready to do it as soon as I got up! How committed is that?

Weigh in tomorrow, will post the results tomorrow night, after I've been to the theatre to watch Phantom of the Opera with a friend! Seems like an eternity since my last weigh-in. Oh yeah, Zumba tonight!

Well I did day 7 of Level 1 of 30 day shred today, and I weighed myself in Boots and....I gained 4 pounds! Just a pound under my start weight now and I've been on this diet for 4 weeks. Denying myself of food I love, checking labels, killing myself with the workouts. Not very happy at all. I'm really trying to stay with it. I want to continue doing the Shred. I hope I lose 7 pounds next week. I was wearing heels on the scales. Would that make a difference? Also it's nearly my TOTM. It can't just be muscle though. Surely I should have lost at least 3 lbs of fat with all those calories burned. Making it a 7lb gain of muscle in a week.

Some help would be much appreciated...

Did day 8 level 1 this morning. Felt a bit easier, I think having that day's rest helped. Also, was offered a huge slice of cake on placement this morning but I refused. I'm proud of myself and I am determined to get through this week so I can see that long-awaited good result at the next weigh-in on Tuesday. I am hoping the scales will say 10 stone 4. They said 10 stone 12 last time which is only a pound down from start weight, but I am hoping that was due to some anomalies. Still, I shant weigh in until Tuesday. I will carry on being good!

Not had a good day. Not food-wise just in general. Lost my Totoro keyring on the way to placement this morning. I even ran out of placement to retrace my steps but it had been taken :( I only bought it at the weekend. Placement wasn't that nice. It's at a nursery school and some of the teachers seemed to be patronising me. And I felt like a spare part because there were so many helpers there.

I'm on Level 2 Day 2 with the shred. Tomorrow is back to placement. Not feeling great about that. Tomorrow is also my weigh-in day. I'm really hoping the scales go my way. Last week they showed I'd put on 4lbs which meant that in the 4 weeks I'd been working out and eating uber-healthy, I'd lost a pound. Last week I was 10st 12. Tomorrow I want to be 10st 5 at the most.

Weigh-in today. I lost 3lbs. Not as much as I was hoping for but better than a kick in the teeth. I currently weigh 10 st 9lbs. I'm only 10 lbs overweight now. My tummy is a lot more toned thanks to the 30 day shred. I did day 3 level 2 this morning and today I bought some adjustable water weights. Up til now I've been using fairly light jars and books. We shall see how we get on. Looking forward to next week's weigh-in already.

I've weighed in today, and I've lost 1.5lbs. Less than I was hoping for but a loss is a loss. That means in over a month I've lost 5.5lbs. I think it's because I've gained a lot of muscle doing the 30 day shred. I did day 8 level 2 today and I'm just pushing through it. Tummy is looking better, legs are firmer, it's just not showing on the scales yet. Once I reach goal I shall post pics. I took some yesterday in front of the mirror. They're not at my starting point but hopefully I'll improve a lot from them so shall be interesting.

Back