Creamy Chicken

newbie09

Just having a look through the my new recipe book and theres a recipe in here that looks like it could be easily adapted for SW - well anyway ill post it and if its not very good i apologise :eek:

Serves 4

Ingredients

800g boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 3-4cm pieces
2 garlic cloves peeled and finely crushed
2cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
75ml fat free natural yogurt
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1tsp ground cumin

Fry light for brushing

For the sauce

1 1/2 tbsp ghee or melted unsalted butter (im hoping this can be completely ommitted from the sauce!)
2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
2cm ginger peeled and finely chopped
1 cardamom pod, seeds slightly crushed
1sp ground coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp ground turmeric
1tsp hot chili powder or to taste
275ml tomato puree
1tbsp lemon juice
40g unsalted butter (again i hope you can get away with not using this)
100ml fat free fromage frais (original recipe says 100ml double cream)
1tbsp chopped corinader to garnish

method

place the chicken in a bowl with the garlic, ginger, salt, chilli powder, and lemon juice. Mix, cover with cling film and chill for 30 mins.
Mix together the yogurt, garam masala, turmeric and cumin and add to the chicken making sure that each piece is well coated. Cover again and chill for 3 hours.

preheat oven to 180 degrees. Put the marinated chicken pieces on a grill rack set on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 mins. Brush the chicken pieces with a little oil (fry light) and turn them over for another 10 minutes until cooked through.

For the sauce heat the ghee in a pan and add the garlic and ginger (im going to just use fry light without the butter). Fry for a minute or so and add the cardomon, coriander, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir well and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Stir in the tomato puree and lemon juice and cook for another few mins.
Add the chicken pieces to the sauce and stir well to coat. Finally add the butter and the fromage frais and stir continuously until the butter has melted and the sauce is smooth.
Transfer to a warm bowl and serve hot garnished with coriander.

I really hope the recipe tastes good or can be done with out the butter as it sounds lovely!!
I hope someone tries this before i do and lets me know as i dont have any of the ingredients right now and wont be shopping again til the weekend :)

sounds great, I would just use the butter as its not to much and syn it, between 4 of us it wouldn't be to bad :D

Back