Creamy mushroom sauce?

ditzeeblonde

Call me Linzi...
Does anyone have a good recipe for a creamy mushroom sauce... want to do some with chicken & cheesy celeriac mash tonight.

Thank yoooouuu. x

I have found this recipe online and is not my own, but I am going to be trying it soon. Its has a bit for the cheese sauce too. :)

You have to try this recipe! It is wonderful! The sauce that it makes is awesome! I always make extra sauce to use to dip each bite or to drizzle on vegetables.

Cilantro Cream Chicken

4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
3 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
¾ cup Heavy Cream
1 Lime, juice of
3 T Butter
½ cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
½ - 1+ T McCormick's Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
to taste Salt, Pepper, Garlic
(Poultry Seasoning or other spices as desired)

Melt butter in non-stick skillet and brown chicken breasts in butter; season chicken with spices while browning. Once browned, remove chicken to plate.

Add cream cheese cubes to skillet with butter and drippings from chicken. Stir. Add cream, lime juice, and cilantro. On medium heat, melt and stir all ingredients.

Put chicken back in pan with sauce mixture; cover and cook on
low for 10-15 minutes.

I have made a sauce using mushrooms, a tiny quantity of diced onion, bit of garlic, cream and butter.

Just slice the mushrooms, fry with the onion and garlic in butter, reduce the heat way down, add the cream and stir until the cream is hot, . Note you mustn't let it boil or the cream will separate.

I'm going to add my favourite onto this thread. Its my 'treat' meal, but knowing it can be an anytime meal is just so fab! Its so simple:

Pot of double cream
as much stilton as you like.
Melt the stilton into the cream and you have an instant blue cheese sauce.

It goes great with Steak, or add a few button mushrooms. Lush!

(I could eat it like soup lol)

Back